Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 16:07:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Churches, & c.  (Read 6979 times)
Moonshadow
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 21:27:46 PM »

There was a PC game i used to play with the same kind of theme as IO. I think it had beautifully incorporated religious buildings, and other civil structures (in next para)
The former gave a direct bonus to fame/popularity.
the popularity of the leader determined directly the amount of gold he can levy from the citizens without angering them.

also, another aspect which i really liked about the game was 'fear factor'.
A positive fear factor can be gained by building gardens, statues and other recreational areas... it reduces efficiency because the people become more lazy. At the same time it gives bonus to popularity and the morale of troops.

A negative fear factor could be gained by building gallows, dungeons, burning stakes etc. it increases efficiency and but decreases popularity and the morale of troops falls.

other things that influenced popularity were the variety of food available , and the availability of booze .
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 14:50:23 PM »

There was a PC game i used to play with the same kind of theme as IO. I think it had beautifully incorporated religious buildings, and other civil structures (in next para)
The former gave a direct bonus to fame/popularity.
the popularity of the leader determined directly the amount of gold he can levy from the citizens without angering them.

also, another aspect which i really liked about the game was 'fear factor'.
A positive fear factor can be gained by building gardens, statues and other recreational areas... it reduces efficiency because the people become more lazy. At the same time it gives bonus to popularity and the morale of troops.

A negative fear factor could be gained by building gallows, dungeons, burning stakes etc. it increases efficiency and but decreases popularity and the morale of troops falls.

other things that influenced popularity were the variety of food available , and the availability of booze .
build dungeons in IO, to drop the morale of the attacker  evil4

*freak*
Xaoc
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »

Actually originally was planned to have a temple.../it was going to be giving morale to the army.../ It got dropped exactly for worries that religion could be a problem - it is very fundamental to societies and we decided not to delve into it... (exactly because we have a very diverse player base) However... In the new version 5 we are building /more info can be seen on the facebook fan page of IO/ there will be a building Temple, but it will not be connected to any particular religion but rather will just influence the happiness of the population, which in general is universal to all religions. /again more info on new Happiness concept on fan page.../

*Smiley* the new version WILL blow your mind, by the way! *Smiley*
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 06:42:09 AM »

Actually originally was planned to have a temple.../it was going to be giving morale to the army.../ It got dropped exactly for worries that religion could be a problem - it is very fundamental to societies and we decided not to delve into it... (exactly because we have a very diverse player base) However... In the new version 5 we are building /more info can be seen on the facebook fan page of IO/ there will be a building Temple, but it will not be connected to any particular religion but rather will just influence the happiness of the population, which in general is universal to all religions. /again more info on new Happiness concept on fan page.../

well i am pretty sure that the Pope were not thinking of welfare of the people in middle ages  *hihi*
 *pardon*
anyway... i think it´s a nice solution to have no "particular religion"  *rose*
 real life religion have no place here in IO  *stop*

"will blow your mind"  *bravo*  *bravo*  *bravo* I am looking forward to see it  *rose*  *gamer*
maybe v5 will bring back paco and other old farts
 *freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
iCeeLuSh
Forum Staff

Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 18:43:35 PM »

Hahahaha ! Yeah they will surely blow their minds  evil4 evil4 evil4
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 21:45:17 PM »

@ reply to the first post.
*skipping all of the next messages*

Religions can cause discrimination of other person's faith and believes.

by Koramae.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: