Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 18:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ask for help - changes  (Read 1818 times)
_rico
Lieutenant

« on: March 10, 2010, 00:51:51 AM »

There is this "ask for help". Quite nice idea but... there is lot of work to do with it.

1 - only person who ask can give marks. Why? One guy is asking and all the rest is giving him "poor" just because of the credit race...
     it is unmeasurable system...
2 - under every replay there should be unique sign of person who gave this replay. Why? People wants to know who answered them
3 - there should be button to mark "spamming/offensive questions. Only Guys who gives answer can click it. When 3 person mark question as
     spam / offensive and there is no answer yet - it is deleting automatically. Why? I think there is no explanation needed...
4 - forming text! Where is "new line"? Why everything is saved as simple string?
5 - search by asking guy, answering guy, question topic, containing text.

what do you think about it?
Labris
Fox
Lieutenant

Fox

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »

Nice ideas!  *ok*

Lex talionis
Aut vincere aut mori
Bellum letale
Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento
In omnia paratus
Semper paratus
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »

Yes some of ideas are ok, but need programming so for now they will be on hold.
By my opinion, putting names under answer wouldnt be good idea. You would see that those guys will be hitted more and insults wold be sent to them. Trust me, i know how people threated me as CM when i play. Every day few insults minimum, no matter i wasnt in 10x, attacked anybody, talked to that person...
Giving bad grades to good answers in long term wont be good strategy to people who answer. It may cost them answering priviligies. We expect they answer and they get rewarded for that, not making other people look bad.
With this 3 clicks to delete offensive, it was such procedure in that Comercial window where people could write messages for 1 credit and it didnt work. It would be better that people who answer can delete them. For example i delete all things i see or somebody warn me about insulting questions.
Searching would be good because it would allow people to search if that question is allready answered, but as i see for now, nobody check questions, they just post another. Thats why we have 100 When era ends, how to garizon archers...
If you have formatting, then ask for help is much complicated to program and answers and questions takes a lot more space in databases.
As i said, ideas are nice, but most of them were thought about when we were making tool. And this are pros and cons for them. That doesnt mean that we wont improve that or other systems so any idea is welcomed.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
_rico
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »

I was the only guy (almost, sometimes Hellin signet herself) who sign the answers. I get o (zero, none) offensive messages in game, forum or ask for help. And i know that people wants to know it because they are asking about it.

"Much more space in database and it is hard to do" - yeah, lot of space and extremely hard... So make it using text files... it will be simpler. I don't think that this 100-200 question per day will overflow the system. 20 years ago - it would happened but not now.

1 credit messages and minus system - it didn't work. The "-" only reported message as offensive, i suggest that 3 minuses delete message automatically.
_rico
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »

and 6 - thing i forgot. Unanswered replays should be also marked with green light (dot, i don't know what is ist)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: