Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 13:24:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defense - Guide for newbies!  (Read 20877 times)
redborg
Major

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 20:35:02 PM »

True is that this strategy is not working for all realms. Yeah did a mistake in this place.

Please do not distortion some of my words. This strategy like you notice IS for NEWBIES !!! That means it's not purfect, but it's good one and it works. Like i sed in guide: "If you are not in rush" and so on...

TO - Posted by: reni (IO team spoiled a game) - i have no comments at this point, i am talking about newbie defense strategy and we are not diging deep!

TO - Posted by: HRdevil you no need to stay every day next to pc becouse of this strategy *Smiley* And i am not talking about all game period!!! I will have to repeat my self again this strategy is only for begining!!! not for all realm or (late game). By the way you are not attacking gold mines!!! If you will, then you will build some extra more NET points on army and that destoys a idea of my guide ;/

TO - Posted by: One-Eyed Man about spearmans. The only one reason why i posted this was becouse of those 20% spearmans in fort *Smiley* Still thinking about it, is it good idea to keep them or not... 

TO - Posted by: redborg atleast one good tip *Smiley* yes he will, for example - but if you killed his all spearmans he will recover some of them but becouse of ~55% of archers in fort even in field they will balst all spearmans before the close combat begins.

To - Posted by: samyoboy. By the way your point with fort 5 will be less then 2k *Smiley* looks like you spend more points on unnecessary things  evil4

Love to talk with you all, but i am late have to run sr, later dudes...  [:-}

the swordsmen that always come with attacks will slaughter the spears as well.

samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 23:31:44 PM »

To - Posted by: samyoboy. By the way your point with fort 5 will be less then 2k *Smiley* looks like you spend more points on unnecessary things  evil4

Love to talk with you all, but i am late have to run sr, later dudes...  [:-}

nope not at all for start If you read correctly I have 2 provences so fort 5 is mountians so alot stronger than plains. and also at under 2k net I have all my research for fort 6. Which is lvl6 fortification and lvl8 military acedemy. So no I have not spent on research not needed. I played low points in classic realms and have gone era after era unbeaten in main provence. Now I play higher net there. But am playing low points in realm 56 and converting classic low points to v4a. *wink*
But as I pointed out there are alot of factors in v4a that make this strategy harder to play. At end of era I will know more. *rose*

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
One-Eyed Man
In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Private

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 08:46:15 AM »

An expert player (with credits) will not go for more then fort 3, before getting second province.

Anyway... just for curiosity, what's the meaning of "newbie strategy"? Never heard it before... The only valid newbie strategy i know (in every field) is LEARN. There are no other newbie strategies.

While there are a lot of strategies in this game like: first day attacker, pure farmer, high point warrior, low point (when you don't have time), pillager. Most of them work only in classic realms. In v4a the only valid strategy is farmer (with fixed battles in the end  *freak* )

...this is the best answer I read here. "TO LEARN"

I am a citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger.
One-Eyed Man
In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Private

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 09:01:55 AM »

xilix,
I am not an expert player, I'm playing only in Realm 1 from one year ago. But I can assure you in this year I got only 5 offensive defeats
scoring not less than 80000 military points through 4 eras... so not always a marshall but neither properly inactive  evil4 ... ... ...
well, when I see NOT boxed fortresses on a PLAIN province, and spying it I notice some spears inside, my feelings are:
    " *heart*  *rose* OH YES, MY LOVE, I'M COMING  *rose*  *heart* "

so, listen, look at, watch, copy, do the same, LEARN! the better question you could post here is: why you all colonize mountains province and boxed it as soon as possible? We all will be glad to answer you. I think the only reason to don't colonize and boxed a mountain province is BE ONLINE EVERY MINUTES OF THE DAY, and not 'be mostly offline'.

I am a citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger.
xilix
Private

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 14:59:18 PM »

Hi,

To - samyoboy: well mate i did tray this strategy in few realms, until i find the

way how to stay safe  *gamer*, this guide was from my exp. Secound time in game my

stats was and still is pure.

But, like i sed previously all defense can be broken...

To - redborg: true, if attackers army will be from huge numbers of swordmans, but

it's very rare event, most of attackers send other type of troops as well. From my military raports all attackers was beated before walls fall down. But yes you have a point.

To - reni:  mountian province come up after fort 6 in my guide, why? Becouse when

you are at low point less chance to meat expert in IO, the rest no offense does not

have even enough knowledge of game to beat this defense. So it's more safe way to

reach a fort 6 in longer way but with biger chance to avoid elite member of IO.
xilix
Private

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 15:03:54 PM »

To - One-Eyed Man : "so, listen, look at, watch, copy, do the same, LEARN! the better question you could post here is: why you all colonize mountains province and boxed it as soon as possible? We all will be glad to answer you. I think the only reason to don't colonize and boxed a mountain province is BE ONLINE EVERY MINUTES OF THE DAY, and not 'be mostly offline'." dude wake up  *stop*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 15:22:53 PM »

Guide for newbies! If you are not in rush, even your defense statistic will be very good *Smiley*

Guide of strong defense. 

Do you want to have a strong defense? Then "patience" is that what u need! And i

mean a lot of it  *crazy*.

I am not saying that this defense is unbreakable, but it's good.

So, at the begining of game you have to grow up your NET points to the 49 with

building of farms, Lumbermill, Iron mine, Stone quarry and first lvl of Fort. At 49

Net points you have to wait for a wile... few, several days... when you will have

enough recourses for fort 2, others recourses you can manage in trade, then fort 3,

few more farms and economy, fort 4 + solders, fort 5 + solders. You need solders

starting from fort 4, becouse your fort walls will fall down too quick. Well lets

not forget fortification and military architecture, you have to improve as much as

you can all the time! I will leave this part up to you, tricky one  *hahaha* The main thing is to play

with NET points in smart way. This is one index of a lot... how you can build

strong defense. (No centralization until you have fort 6)

I think this list is very good in defense, if you have low NET point and high lvl

of fort.

The list of Army in fort until you reach fort 7.

Fort space

20% of spearmans (becouse they have a good bonuse against cavalery! After several
rounds in battle archers propably will kill all attackers spearmans and archers or
at least most of it. and yours few hundreds spearmans in fort after when walls off
will fight with bonus x4 against cavalery it does a lot of dmg.

55% of archers, for killing spearmans and archers of enemy during fort battle.

25% of cavalery, so you will do enough dmg to put him in bad times *Smiley* and keep
standing for few more rounds. Cavalery bonus x2 against swordman and some extra
huge dmg against enemys cavalery with your 20% of spearmans. For first round.

If enemy is very strong then you last only few rounds, but if like most of intruders then
you will be safe *Smiley*

After walls down attacker will be with red morale *Smiley* so you can start gambling from
his luck. *Smiley* That's the way to victory.

Well i would like to see your comments of this defense.

man,you say you tried that in few realms..if you did you would know there are  better strategies..first making high forts in province 8=dumb why,because it will have 50% less hp than one in mountains..also in beginning you can make an army of 1000 lights and rob around and in that way get money for your fort,rather than spending days saving for it *Smiley* if you ask me you shouldnt even build forts above lvl 1 in province 8,just colonize mountains and there you can start building up your defences..
about fort space best ratio is 1/3 paladins and 2/3 archers,try it in calculator and you will see *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 17:37:01 PM »

fact is , if they brake the fort chances are that you are defeated, not matter what mix you have *freak*

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 01:01:24 AM »

fact is , if they brake the fort chances are that you are defeated, not matter what mix you have *freak*
mix matters *Smiley* its not the same to have all spears or mix as i reccomended it..youd see if you would  play with calculator a bit *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
renren
Sergeant

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »

Guide for newbies! If you are not in rush, even your defense statistic will be very good *Smiley*

Guide of strong defense. 

Do you want to have a strong defense? Then "patience" is that what u need! And i

mean a lot of it  *crazy*.

I am not saying that this defense is unbreakable, but it's good.

So, at the begining of game you have to grow up your NET points to the 49 with

building of farms, Lumbermill, Iron mine, Stone quarry and first lvl of Fort. At 49

Net points you have to wait for a wile... few, several days... when you will have

enough recourses for fort 2, others recourses you can manage in trade, then fort 3,

few more farms and economy, fort 4 + solders, fort 5 + solders. You need solders

starting from fort 4, becouse your fort walls will fall down too quick. Well lets

not forget fortification and military architecture, you have to improve as much as

you can all the time! I will leave this part up to you, tricky one  *hahaha* The main thing is to play

with NET points in smart way. This is one index of a lot... how you can build

strong defense. (No centralization until you have fort 6)

I think this list is very good in defense, if you have low NET point and high lvl

of fort.

The list of Army in fort until you reach fort 7.

Fort space

20% of spearmans (becouse they have a good bonuse against cavalery! After several
rounds in battle archers propably will kill all attackers spearmans and archers or
at least most of it. and yours few hundreds spearmans in fort after when walls off
will fight with bonus x4 against cavalery it does a lot of dmg.

55% of archers, for killing spearmans and archers of enemy during fort battle.

25% of cavalery, so you will do enough dmg to put him in bad times *Smiley* and keep
standing for few more rounds. Cavalery bonus x2 against swordman and some extra
huge dmg against enemys cavalery with your 20% of spearmans. For first round.

If enemy is very strong then you last only few rounds, but if like most of intruders then
you will be safe *Smiley*

After walls down attacker will be with red morale *Smiley* so you can start gambling from
his luck. *Smiley* That's the way to victory.

Well i would like to see your comments of this defense.

that is not so good...

(for not so active players who can only log in few hours a day)
i suggest building level 9 granary as fast as possible to boost your population...building fort 3 with 1000 archers in province 8 as fast as you can... never reach 50 if you dont have enough res for fort 3...(to do it fast build more stone quary)  then you are safe from all attacks in one and a half week of the era...  build farm, just enough not to reach the limit of population... to keep population growing... research medicine as high as you can... , research sentralization.. and colonize a "mountain with forest"terrain, good terrain for players who love to build huge army,.  boxing "mountains" is good for players who wants to farm always with less army... mountains w/ forest surounded with lots of plains is the best set up... then that province will be your main province not province 8..!. build fortress 4 on your main province with archers..( your are safe for 1 weeks then reseach sentral til five... after you have sentral 4 or five you should have a boxed province... less moral to the attacker... grow population as fast as you can... build your own alliance to have a plus 10 morale... then build army with siege weapons that could break fort 3 or 4... because you need more gold to build faster... a loot of 100k a day is very easy if you have big army that can break fort 3 and 4 with army... when neigbhors also have big army, just aim for goldmines... be friendly to your neighbor dont attack first... study their moves... if they are inactive then you can attack... if they are active they will probably last til the end so they will be you enemy later so be friendly...research sentral

(for active players)

i suggest building army as fast as you can with fortress 3 then.. you do your sentralisation... this is fast if you are online always... you can probably be in top of netpoints... just loot for gold to research sentral then fort 4 ...in the boxed... since you are active always, you can keep an eye on your account not to be looted by enemies because of fort 3 only..

xilix
Private

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:07 AM »

Anyway i think it's time to close this topic from my side. Good luck, have fun to all. If you don't like my guide, you can allways do it in your way...  *ok*
renren
Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »

Anyway i think it's time to close this topic from my side. Good luck, have fun to all. If you don't like my guide, you can allways do it in your way...  *ok*

the wrong things is, building big forts in plains... very low HP to your fort... sentral 1 is cheap so colonize mountain before going at high fort...
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 05:25:01 AM »

the wrong things is, building big forts in plains... very low HP to your fort... sentral 1 is cheap so colonize mountain before going at high fort...
or if you are on v4a, you might aswell build huge forts everywhere and enjoy the 10% prod bonus *freak*

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: