Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 15:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defense - Guide for newbies!  (Read 20878 times)
xilix
Private

« on: February 11, 2010, 04:22:15 AM »

Guide for newbies! If you are not in rush, even your defense statistic will be very good *Smiley*

Guide of strong defense. 

Do you want to have a strong defense? Then "patience" is that what u need! And i

mean a lot of it  *crazy*.

I am not saying that this defense is unbreakable, but it's good.

So, at the begining of game you have to grow up your NET points to the 49 with

building of farms, Lumbermill, Iron mine, Stone quarry and first lvl of Fort. At 49

Net points you have to wait for a wile... few, several days... when you will have

enough recourses for fort 2, others recourses you can manage in trade, then fort 3,

few more farms and economy, fort 4 + solders, fort 5 + solders. You need solders

starting from fort 4, becouse your fort walls will fall down too quick. Well lets

not forget fortification and military architecture, you have to improve as much as

you can all the time! I will leave this part up to you, tricky one  *hahaha* The main thing is to play

with NET points in smart way. This is one index of a lot... how you can build

strong defense. (No centralization until you have fort 6)

I think this list is very good in defense, if you have low NET point and high lvl

of fort.

The list of Army in fort until you reach fort 7.

Fort space

20% of spearmans (becouse they have a good bonuse against cavalery! After several
rounds in battle archers propably will kill all attackers spearmans and archers or
at least most of it. and yours few hundreds spearmans in fort after when walls off
will fight with bonus x4 against cavalery it does a lot of dmg.

55% of archers, for killing spearmans and archers of enemy during fort battle.

25% of cavalery, so you will do enough dmg to put him in bad times *Smiley* and keep
standing for few more rounds. Cavalery bonus x2 against swordman and some extra
huge dmg against enemys cavalery with your 20% of spearmans. For first round.

If enemy is very strong then you last only few rounds, but if like most of intruders then
you will be safe *Smiley*

After walls down attacker will be with red morale *Smiley* so you can start gambling from
his luck. *Smiley* That's the way to victory.

Well i would like to see your comments of this defense.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:30:43 AM by xilix » Logged
One-Eyed Man
In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Private

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 06:45:31 AM »

mhm... Have you ever tried this strategy???
And your intetion is to 'DO' it in province 8 (Plain Terrain)...
My little experience says this: maybe this strategy could be helpfull against Big Evil Guys
(especially because when you have your fortress 6 they will have collected THOUSAND of net worth points)
but it doesn't work against anybody.
Then you are talking about a 360 days realm, I guess, or not...?
Have you considered the starting morale 110 (or at least 105...) ... ... ...
Well, finally,
I would like to have you as my closest neighbour to steal you everything, just before you are ready to 'click' your fortresses...
 wassup

P.S.: Just for chatting, not to teach you...

I am a citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger.
Berserkers
PILLAGE MARSHAL
Captain

Nobody will be left behind!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »

it all sounds nice in theory but if you were close to me, you never get your lvl 6 fort with only one prov  *hihi*

i would (and not just me i guess) would rob you all the time *hihi*

FOR MY BROTHER OF ARMS NAYLROD, NEVER FORGET YOU MATE

HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »

don't listen to this!!! head_hurts_kr head_hurts_kr omg guys look at this!!!:
Fort space

20% of spearmans (becouse they have a good bonuse against cavalery! After several
rounds in battle archers propably will kill all attackers spearmans and archers or
at least most of it. and yours few hundreds spearmans in fort after when walls off
that is the biggest and noobiest mistake you can do, coz the spears in te fort will get shredded by the enemy archers, making the enemy last more rounds, due to less moral loss on fort siege  *freak*

xilix
Private

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 16:10:44 PM »

*hihi*

To One-Eyed Man.

Yes, i did tray this strategy and it works fine. Like i explained in guide, yes you have to do it only in Province 8 becouse centralization gives too many NET points, if you keep it low you will be fine.
BIG evil guys, are too high becouse of his huge army he can't reach you.
And no it not takes 360 days of realm... Yes starting morale of attacker is 110 - 115.

To Berserkers .
 evil3

To HerrSchultze.
Attackers dont have enough archers to kill all spearmans in fort becouse of panelty against fort  *hihi*. And if attackers army will have a lot of archers then he will have less of sowrdmans and so on... and they need attacking power against walls!

Lets not forget that attacker will not have a lot of archers! When attackers NET points are x2, he will spend his points on swordman, cavalery and heavy weapon. They allways do  *bravo*... or he will not have enough power to break fort and without cavalery after walls off he will draw faster...

Like i sed the catch is in NET points... if you can't understand it, then your defense will fall down  head_hurts_kr

After fort 6 this guide is not usefull, becouse ppl walking with elite armys or with tons of heavy army with elite heavy weapon.

This guide is for begining of game, not late!

Any more questions?  *pardon*

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 16:15:16 PM by xilix » Logged
tinodunks
FORUM PILLAGER
Captain

Death and hell is coming

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 16:25:23 PM »

Guide for newbies! If you are not in rush, even your defense statistic will be very good *Smiley*

Guide of strong defense. 

Do you want to have a strong defense? Then "patience" is that what u need! And i

mean a lot of it  *crazy*.

I am not saying that this defense is unbreakable, but it's good.

So, at the begining of game you have to grow up your NET points to the 49 with

building of farms, Lumbermill, Iron mine, Stone quarry and first lvl of Fort. At 49

Net points you have to wait for a wile... few, several days... when you will have

enough recourses for fort 2, others recourses you can manage in trade, then fort 3,

few more farms and economy, fort 4 + solders, fort 5 + solders. You need solders

starting from fort 4, becouse your fort walls will fall down too quick. Well lets

not forget fortification and military architecture, you have to improve as much as

you can all the time! I will leave this part up to you, tricky one  *hahaha* The main thing is to play

with NET points in smart way. This is one index of a lot... how you can build

strong defense. (No centralization until you have fort 6)

I think this list is very good in defense, if you have low NET point and high lvl

of fort.

The list of Army in fort until you reach fort 7.

Fort space

55% of archers, for killing spearmans and archers of enemy during fort battle.

25% of cavalery, so you will do enough dmg to put him in bad times *Smiley* and keep
standing for few more rounds. Cavalery bonus x2 against swordman and some extra
huge dmg against enemys cavalery with your 20% of spearmans. For first round.

If enemy is very strong then you last only few rounds, but if like most of intruders then
you will be safe *Smiley*

After walls down attacker will be with red morale *Smiley* so you can start gambling from
his luck. *Smiley* That's the way to victory.

Well i would like to see your comments of this defense.

here is a more fine tuned link...this gives all the details  ....down to the last drop   *freak* *freak*

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=706.0

Behold the Pale Horse cometh, with death riding and hell following. Rev.6;7-8
xilix
Private

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:05:09 AM »

I just love to mess with attackers at low points *Smiley* that guide is good, but too much of reading and i dont like his idea to do 4 centrals. It's good but he takes more risk then i do *Smiley* I like to play more safe way. Well you will not reach top *Smiley* but you will be safe 99.9%. Anyway he did good job of writing that guide *Smiley* I just post short one and not with full details, can't tell all secrets  hard

But do not forget there is no best defense! All defense can be broken if you will prepare for it carefully. But those players growing too fast so they do not mess with low point ppl. *Smiley*
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:34:43 AM »

here is a more fine tuned link...this gives all the details  ....down to the last drop   *freak* *freak*

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=706.0

that is old strategy from merrydown and used in classic realms. In classic realms 1. centralisation has less net points value to box. 2. players do not earn 3 points homour per day and can only attack 3x not 5x. There are alot of factors in v4a that make low points harder to play.
  also this strategy by merrydown was genius in it's time but even in classic realms it's dated. And has been taken to alot further extreme's. I am trying low points strat in realm 56 and have yet to lose in defence. But have 2 provences and have built fort 5 in mountians and kept pop under 20k. all under 2k net points. I have all research for fort 6 now so is just saving enough resources. When have payed for f6 then will box it. and then its army and get fort 7 then fort 8. Hopefully I can have 150k elite army and fort 8 at around 100k net but we will see. *Smiley*

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:32:24 AM »

@xilix, sorry but you are wrong in nearly 90% of your statements. I think you got those ideas by playing in a poor realm (with few players)

As samy said, it's nearly impossible to play low point in v4a. I don't want to repeat him, but of course 2 main factors are: 1. attacks in 5x, 2. +3 honor every day.

This is in theory. In practice you can even try it, because after 6 months, most of realms are dead in range 200k-500k networth, so if you are just 150k, maybe nobody will attack you ever (and you will attack only gold coins). But this is not because you used a good strategy, but only because IO team spoiled the game with v4a and even worse with 1 year eras.  *pardon*
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:08 AM »

1 year is too much for those that doesn't have credits to take a 1 week vacation mode to rest their minds because staying on a PC everyday for 365 days is a pain in the ass, i even get tired of attacking goldmine and only do it just to save my army far away without collecting miserable coins of 20k-80k gold.

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
One-Eyed Man
In the country of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Private

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »

Dear Xilix,
I read my old reply, and I was very too kind.
Your 'Strategy' doens't work, can't work, and even in classic Realm 1 where I always play, I hunt for those 'Strange Strategy' players like you.
With starting morale 105, no more, I can crumble a player with your tactic one thousand times, especially if you put inside the fortress some
juicy spears, like someone else tried to tell you.

I am a citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger.
redborg
Major

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 14:22:19 PM »

don't listen to this!!! head_hurts_kr head_hurts_kr omg guys look at this!!!:  that is the biggest and noobiest mistake you can do, coz the spears in te fort will get shredded by the enemy archers, making the enemy last more rounds, due to less moral loss on fort siege  *freak*

also the atatcker will recover spearmen before he atatcks the garrison.

xilix
Private

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 15:50:41 PM »

True is that this strategy is not working for all realms. Yeah did a mistake in this place.

Please do not distortion some of my words. This strategy like you notice IS for NEWBIES !!! That means it's not purfect, but it's good one and it works. Like i sed in guide: "If you are not in rush" and so on...

TO - Posted by: reni (IO team spoiled a game) - i have no comments at this point, i am talking about newbie defense strategy and we are not diging deep!

TO - Posted by: HRdevil you no need to stay every day next to pc becouse of this strategy *Smiley* And i am not talking about all game period!!! I will have to repeat my self again this strategy is only for begining!!! not for all realm or (late game). By the way you are not attacking gold mines!!! If you will, then you will build some extra more NET points on army and that destoys a idea of my guide ;/

TO - Posted by: One-Eyed Man about spearmans. The only one reason why i posted this was becouse of those 20% spearmans in fort *Smiley* Still thinking about it, is it good idea to keep them or not... 

TO - Posted by: redborg atleast one good tip *Smiley* yes he will, for example - but if you killed his all spearmans he will recover some of them but becouse of ~55% of archers in fort even in field they will balst all spearmans before the close combat begins.

To - Posted by: samyoboy. By the way your point with fort 5 will be less then 2k *Smiley* looks like you spend more points on unnecessary things  evil4

Love to talk with you all, but i am late have to run sr, later dudes...  [:-}
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 15:54:20 PM by xilix » Logged
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 15:55:11 PM »

I honestly think you should make at least 1 province at first till you get fortress Lv.5 there on a mountain most preferably... no need to saty on a plains with -40% fortification with all those resourses there, some military  *freak* can show up and loose 20+ honor and kill you

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 17:25:08 PM »

An expert player (with credits) will not go for more then fort 3, before getting second province.

Anyway... just for curiosity, what's the meaning of "newbie strategy"? Never heard it before... The only valid newbie strategy i know (in every field) is LEARN. There are no other newbie strategies.

While there are a lot of strategies in this game like: first day attacker, pure farmer, high point warrior, low point (when you don't have time), pillager. Most of them work only in classic realms. In v4a the only valid strategy is farmer (with fixed battles in the end  *freak* )
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: