Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 07:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phalanxes and Guardians speed  (Read 14010 times)
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »

youre just jealous i get to f*ck her and all you get to do is your doggie..who wont even agree to do you so you make him high first  *freak*
hey if she was willing to suk off alexanders statue **** shed sure like to get a piece of my fresh Rosto  *freak*

*freak*
Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 17:57:43 PM »

Let's have Imperia athletic competition.

100 meter race

In the first line Guardians
Second line Phalanx
 . . . . . . . .

Are you so sure? how could guardians win race with their heavy, immobile armor? I don't like the idea that phalanxes slow down my whole army  wall

yeah its gonna be hard to run with those long spears...

do you relly think phalanxes would walk so all way long? I doubt it, they doesn's have robotic arms to hold spearms in such shape for long time  *hihi* When on march, hoplites/phalanxes should hold their spears vertically or it would be wise to have spears transported by carts, etc. Historically hoplites beside spears also had short swords, so in ambush they won't be totally defenseless  *hmm*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 18:03:05 PM »

Are you so sure? how could guardians win race with their heavy, immobile armor? I don't like the idea that phalanxes slow down my whole army  wall

do you relly think phalanxes would walk so all way long? I doubt it, they doesn's have robotic arms to hold spearms in such shape for long time  *hihi* When on march, hoplites/phalanxes should hold their spears vertically or it would be wise to have spears transported by carts, etc. Historically hoplites beside spears also had short swords, so in ambush they won't be totally defenseless  *hmm*

man i dont understand you..first you say how phalanxes should be faster than guardians and then you mention how they have to carry a lot of stuff..guardians have only sword..and a shield if you wish armor is about the same weight...phalanxes have swords + long spears  head_hurts_kr

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 20:14:03 PM »

phalanxes roll joints while guardians somke em, thats why their takin so long  *freak*

*freak*
warart
Private

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 20:21:36 PM »

*freak* or let the filthy whore come in and infect villagers with HIV  *freak*

HIV was in contemporan times "implemented" becuase moust of heavy disises and deadly was eradicated  wassup

Zydrius
Translators

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 14:34:54 PM »

man i dont understand you..first you say how phalanxes should be faster than guardians and then you mention how they have to carry a lot of stuff..guardians have only sword..and a shield if you wish armor is about the same weight...phalanxes have swords + long spears  head_hurts_kr

sword of phalanxes must be a way lighter and shorter than guardians heavy sword. Also phalanxes must have lighter protection than guardians, not whole body is protected in phalanxes and guardians must have full body protection and that's what should make then to be slow and immobile. But I see your point, just this thing can be disputed
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 17:10:24 PM »

do you relly think phalanxes would walk so all way long? I doubt it, they doesn's have robotic arms to hold spearms in such shape for long time  *hihi*

*hahaha* *hahaha*

well we are friends so you have never had chance to see my army advancing.  *freak* I got a robotic army, they don´t eat or drink so no upkeep. And they never get tired ...unless there is cloudy... then solar power dosen´t work for long time....  *hahaha*

*freak*

Hail to the Spam King *KING*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 17:43:31 PM »

lol my army doesnt have armor nor fancy swords they got clubs and all they do is pillage and rape  *freak* *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 21:18:11 PM »

lol my army doesnt have armor nor fancy swords they got clubs and all they do is pillage and rape  *freak* *freak*

*hahaha* *hahaha* that´s even better

PsYchOtiChiKen
Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »

There is not much detail about how ancient armies walked.  Paper and ink was expensive.  Walking instructions are not catchy enough to motivate someone to copy them by hand for 2 thousand years.

I think common sense dictates partnering up, wrapping the bedding over the poles to form a stretcher, put most gear and rations on the stretcher and then march.  Maybe add straps so that the poles are supported across shoulders better.  Modern distance hikers do not use stretchers because they do not need heavy poles.  Few gun carrying armies march this way because holding a fire arm level, in a crowd, and bouncing it for hours leads to accidents.  *HUNTER* *FOCUS*

We always assume ancient armies marched like a Napoleonic army because we see movies with ancient armies marching in Napoleonic block.  Movies use Napoleonic block because the extras already know what they are supposed to do.  The extras learned it in marching band or sometimes in the army.  Hollywood does not have a budget to pay a battalion strength force to march around in the mountains and learn how to do it right.  The audience would not appreciate it anyway.  When Hannibal's army marched out of the Alps into Italy it was moving 40+ miles every day.  They picked up troops in Gaul and struggled to make 25 miles/day.  A few seasons later they were back up to 40+.  Part of Hannibal's speed was just getting in shape.  But the Roman armies in Italy could not keep up even when they had been chasing/running for a few years.  Sipio Africans' army came close only after a decade of practice in Spain.  Moving a large army fast is a skill that is not obvious.  It takes a long time, intelligence, and life threatening pressure.  No one posting in this forum really knows what (s)he is talking about. 
Kopator
Captain

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 15:13:38 PM »

There is not much detail about how ancient armies walked.  Paper and ink was expensive.  Walking instructions are not catchy enough to motivate someone to copy them by hand for 2 thousand years.

I think common sense dictates partnering up, wrapping the bedding over the poles to form a stretcher, put most gear and rations on the stretcher and then march.  Maybe add straps so that the poles are supported across shoulders better.  Modern distance hikers do not use stretchers because they do not need heavy poles.  Few gun carrying armies march this way because holding a fire arm level, in a crowd, and bouncing it for hours leads to accidents.  *HUNTER* *FOCUS*

We always assume ancient armies marched like a Napoleonic army because we see movies with ancient armies marching in Napoleonic block.  Movies use Napoleonic block because the extras already know what they are supposed to do.  The extras learned it in marching band or sometimes in the army.  Hollywood does not have a budget to pay a battalion strength force to march around in the mountains and learn how to do it right.  The audience would not appreciate it anyway.  When Hannibal's army marched out of the Alps into Italy it was moving 40+ miles every day.  They picked up troops in Gaul and struggled to make 25 miles/day.  A few seasons later they were back up to 40+.  Part of Hannibal's speed was just getting in shape.  But the Roman armies in Italy could not keep up even when they had been chasing/running for a few years.  Sipio Africans' army came close only after a decade of practice in Spain.  Moving a large army fast is a skill that is not obvious.  It takes a long time, intelligence, and life threatening pressure.  No one posting in this forum really knows what (s)he is talking about. 

*bravo*

hmmm.....  I´m Lieutenant but you only Sergeant....  *hihi*

*freak*

PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 17:20:39 PM »

keep it quite kids  *freak*

*freak*
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 21:40:26 PM »

"No one posting in this forum really knows what (s)he is talking about. "

man you lost me on this one, I dont even know what your talking about??  *crazy*

PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 21:56:05 PM »

"No one posting in this forum really knows what (s)he is talking about. "

man you lost me on this one, I dont even know what your talking about??  *crazy*
shhhhhhhhhhhhh keep it quite,
cant you see were concentrated?

*freak*
The_Templar
Lieutenant

"Tar Anti Oist heb est"

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 21:58:23 PM »

shhhhhhhhhhhhh keep it quite,
cant you see were concentrated?

concentrated would be right, pure undiluted bullsh1t lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print