Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 06:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHANGING YOUR CAPITAL  (Read 12919 times)
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 23:35:17 PM »

There are seriously fckd up shit written in here:

1-
yes - a good tactic if you feel that way inclined. you can of course take the loan, switch your capital to pay it of and when ready to take another loan switch the capital back to where you want the gold placed and when you have it switch the capital back to your negative province, nothing wrong with that, and that is i imagine why they hve the 5 million limit or we all be doing it permanantely lol

Dude, u cannot change capital while on a loan !!!

2-
its a very good strategy at the beginning of the game, but you must be smart which province you want to sacrifice. you take the loans and maintain the negative balance under 5 million, do huge research and colonize at least 6 more provinces so the one that is negative wouldnt hinder your progress. then when your economy is strong and your production high, especially focusing in wood and stone, you pay the negative and develop the sacrificed province. that way you benefit from the loan to make you fly, and you pay when it hurts your economy the least.

What kind off fckd up strategy is that Huh? Why take loans if your gonna pay them anyways !!!! *hahaha* Are you from Africa or something?

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
blackdeath
Captain

All i can do is pity and honor the victims.......

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 23:47:35 PM »

@hrdevil 1. you can change your capital at any time, the only time that you cannot change it is while researching  university, obviously  you cant read. 2. you pay the loan when your ecxonomy is strong enough so that you dont get affected. in the beginning if you try to repay the loan, your game is stuck for 7 days paying it, if you wait 60 days, with 8 preovinces you can pay it with 3 days production, so you obviously wont get as affected as one week. or in that time you can pay it from simple attacks on your neighbors.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 23:56:47 PM by blackdeath » Logged
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 00:58:26 AM »

@hrdevil 1. you can change your capital at any time, the only time that you cannot change it is while researching  university, obviously  you cant read. 2. you pay the loan when your ecxonomy is strong enough so that you dont get affected. in the beginning if you try to repay the loan, your game is stuck for 7 days paying it, if you wait 60 days, with 8 preovinces you can pay it with 3 days production, so you obviously wont get as affected as one week. or in that time you can pay it from simple attacks on your neighbors.
well i tried it and sincerly i regret.... coz i had army and couple of days later i could have got the money needed, so unless ura farmer with 0 soldiers that strategy aint worth scarificing a province, i got an extra province and was able to box but it slowed me down for a good time,and after it i got another province by attacking

*freak*
Tarantio
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »

"cant change your capital while have aloan" - HRDevil

maybe it depends on realm, but you can and i have so poke it  *Tongue* *Tongue*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »

Besides all moderm economic strategies (which i'm aware  *freak* ), You should understand that IO loan works as feudalism loan. It mean that is not 15% year (or week in our case), but is from 50 to 150%. And that is normal, because we are speaking about medieval age, when this was normal.

I have used many times bank loans, but i know this is only because i'm lazy, and not only because is the best strategy... indeed is the worst.

P.S.
You can change capital at any moment...
blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 02:24:16 AM »

its not the best strategy because if you dont know how to do 8 provinces in record time then you are screwed. i use it bcause it works just fine for me.
dupecmar
Lieutenant

Vadi kospe, vadi kospe, vadi kospe

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 06:19:12 AM »

For Ploppy

If you have any chance of NOT taking the loan than don't do it. Interest is a killer and when you count up all interest you paid you will see you lost a lot.

Yes you develop "fast" initially but if you don't know what you are doing (or learning how to play the game) you will learn the hard way that loan cost you dearly.

First your province where you pay the loan is blocked for loooooong time if you take few loans (so not developing at all)

Second if you take 700k for example you will pay around 1.2 millions if you take small loan, for medium loan you will give 1.4 and for large 2.1 million. This gold HAVE to come from somewhere so you wold be selling resources to pay it sooner or later

Third since you will be selling resources anyway it's much better (if you can) to collect enough resources and sell it so you would have needed gold for research without taking loan.

I'm playing in R50 and have 8 provinces (no 9 coming soon). Not once i took a loan to research new province but i took a loan 2 times to boost my economy. Loans are good in some cases but taking them over and over again i think is mistake.

Also i have army and i pay upkeep for it but i use that army wisely. First i use it to defend my resources and second i use it to take gold from noobs.

And finally i read you wrote forts are stupid and don't give much of benefit. You are VERY wrong with that. It's almost like saying bureaucracy is useless.
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »

From the above comments as far as I can see it's a risky but valid strategy.

It seems to turn on whether or not (from blackdeath's comments) you know how to develop 6 or more provinces very quickly.  I imagine this would depend on firstly having a high university level and being able to persuade your leader that you should hold the researcher position for a relatively long time.  I think that would be a tough ask for a leader to grant given that everyone wants the researcher position in the early to mid stages.  I may, however, be missing something and if blackdeath were prepared to say more I'd be very grateful.  Would also welcome any comments on whether or not it would be equally valid to instead invest in military research (mellee, armour, mil acad, tactics etc etc) and then use the army to secure resources through war income to invest in economic research later.

@ dupecmar: About forts: it was me, not Ploppy, who suggested that they were largely worthless except for marginal economic gains (+10% production, storage capacity and a couple of other minor ones).  I prefer to use a warrior rather than farming strategy and my experience in two eras in realm 25 is that forts are largely useless in defence.  Opened a topic on this sometime ago see:

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=14739.0

More than happy to receive more comments on this *Smiley*

Btw Tarantio I know your comment below was probably a joke

What kind off fckd up strategy is that  Why take loans if your gonna pay them anyways !!!!  Are you from Africa or something?

But it is in bad taste. I have lived and worked in Africa for 14 out of the last twenty years and even when back in the UK was travelling to Africa 3 months out of each year.  The reason why African nations faced major debt crises was because of the malevolent idiocy of Reagan and Thatcher in adopting neanderthal policies advocated by that odious dwarf Friedman so that they could drive up interest rates and hence unemployment in western economies so as to weaken organised labour and let their rich friends drive up their profits at the expense of working peoples' wages.  The increased interest rates also hit Africa which had been using exactly the same Keynsian strategies that benefitted developed economies in the post war period.

It was western greed and malevolence that caused the African crisis not mistaken policy decisions in Africa.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 13:52:54 PM by AddisMakem » Logged
blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 13:40:23 PM »

@addis..... i will say more because you are interested, now if you ask dupecmar, he will tell you that for me the strategy works, he is my neighbor and he sees my developement. i am the leader in my alliance addis so researcher position has nothing to do with it. its all about careful planning. now as i mentioned about the wood and stone, its imperative that in the beginning you focus on those resources. centralisation is mainly composed of those two. small iron production is needed. many players disagree, but i do the math, ifyou have 50K population in province 8 right, and you put lets say the majority in iron, you still cant ever produce a huge quantity, now if you put the same amount of workers in stone and wood you will see that they produce double the amout, these resources also have a faster rate of turnover on the market. these benefits help you to centralise and develop faster. hence giving you in 68 days 9 provinces my friend. and a fort 7 by the way. just dont waste time doing troops it practically sucks your resources, its a big help by the way if you can be online all the time so attacks will never slow you down, also 1200 credits is a big boost in those 68 days. ah, big thing is to have your architecture and university at level 16 very fast, with high wood and stone production thats a piece of cake. then little by little you start upgrading them one at a time, they are now cycle researches so they both affect each other`s price and time.
dupecmar
Lieutenant

Vadi kospe, vadi kospe, vadi kospe

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 15:00:17 PM »

@ dupecmar: About forts: it was me, not Ploppy, who suggested that they were largely worthless except for marginal economic gains (+10% production, storage capacity and a couple of other minor ones).  I prefer to use a warrior rather than farming strategy and my experience in two eras in realm 25 is that forts are largely useless in defence.  Opened a topic on this sometime ago see:

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=14739.0

More than happy to receive more comments on this *Smiley*

Well depends how do you look at your forts. If you look at forts as your main "defense" than you are right. They are useless especially later in the game. BUT right now (little bit more than a month into the game) fort is more than enough to defend your resources. I have A LOT of farmers around me and i just can't touch them right now.

High fort levels on boxed provinces mean i have to build A LOT of trebs spending A LOT of resources. I did quick calculation and realized that it's not cost effective now to attack farmers. It's too expensive to build enough trebs and than i have to deal with damn high upkeep. Almost all gold that i could win i would be spending on upkeep.

But since i'm warrior type of player i know that later in the game fort is good ONLY for 10% economy boost and trust me it's not worthless. Just do calculation between for province production with fort lvl 1 and fort lvl 5.

now if you ask dupecmar, he will tell you that for me the strategy works, he is my neighbor and he sees my developement.

He he he, blackdeath and me have different strategies but almost same development. So basically if you know what you are doing any strategy is good *hihi*
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 15:08:13 PM by dupecmar » Logged
Tarantio
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 18:30:48 PM »

this had me going, couldnt recall writing that? *pardon* *pardon*

""Btw Tarantio I know your comment below was probably a joke

What kind off fckd up strategy is that  Why take loans if your gonna pay them anyways !!!!  Are you from Africa or something?""

AddisMakem  *stop* please read the thread again  *ok*

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 18:32:07 PM by Tarantio » Logged
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 19:03:50 PM »

this had me going, couldnt recall writing that? *pardon* *pardon*

""Btw Tarantio I know your comment below was probably a joke

What kind off fckd up strategy is that  Why take loans if your gonna pay them anyways !!!!  Are you from Africa or something?""

AddisMakem  *stop* please read the thread again  *ok*

It is a joke and your taking credit for the good ones  rant

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
Tarantio
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »

not taking credit, pointing out it wasnt me
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 16:05:41 PM »

Tarantio - I'm so sorry, mega apologies  *Embarrassed*

But HrDevil it is a bloody poor joke. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print