Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 14:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond A Joke  (Read 10644 times)
HRdevil
†Just add -k†
Major

Death doesn't end evil, it merely sets it free.

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 23:53:52 PM »

Dang don't you know how to make an image smaller in paint?

HRdevil is no more, released his slaves on realm 38 & 5 and decended to the gates of Hell. evil4
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 01:35:13 AM »

Purchased at 01:32 server time in Realm 9........ may be worth looking into who is selling this and who they have sold to in the past *wink*
zmeio
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 01:36:58 AM »

alliance, the alliance of the main band of seven tricks that you     *hahaha* *hahaha*

Merge your words when you talk about our alliance ...
cinlung888
Private

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 20:50:49 PM »

This cheating is beyond a joke in Realm 9.......

Seriously guys........... Something needs to be done, otherwise it will just derive players away from the game............

Now, If I had have bought some of that Iron and this is investigated would I have been banned for cheating ??

It is called free market invented by American and its heritage Bush family. *Smiley*

What's wrong if I want to sell my Mercedes SLK for $1?

Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 20:55:09 PM »

What's wrong if I want to sell my Mercedes SLK for $1?

nothing wrong ... except when the Mercedes belong to your neighbour ...

and frankly, whose sane capitalist would want to sell a pricey or luxurious item at nothing ? in real-life, there would be a catch ... in IO, it's called multi-accounting and illegal trading, and it has nothing to do with freedom to sell *wink*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 00:55:22 AM »

Hey Up Starbuck...

So, if the honest folk amongst us know it goes on, then why is nothing changing ??

Personally i think it would be easy to adopt a range of +/- 10% of current asking price for any new auction posted.............. This would stop those that benefit from outrageous auction prices (I indeed have manage to sneak in on a couple of these auctions).........

Here's another though (I'm full of them today)............ Why not allow people to buy from any of the Top 5 on the list............ This would require the names of the seller to be published...............

I see the benefit from this 3 fold............ 1 - I could help out friends by purchasing there sales............... 2 - If I saw my target with resources on the list, I could buy them just before my troops arrive and get my gold back *Grin* ............... 3 - Less monitoring for the admins to do *Grin*

Thanks for spending the time to read this nonsense post!!!!!
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »

As with any reform of the trading system, you have to think of how to reconcile player's freedom to influence the realm, and abuses from friendly purchases and fixed battles.

no matter what you propose, you'll have to deal with this sooner or later ... it might be my perverse mind, but I already see tricks to abuse your system (with fixed battles and multi-accounts for example).
and if we restrict player's freedom to set prices/quantities, then it's a complete change of philosophy that the one the game designers wanted to introduce ...

for me, as long as there is a strong incentive to cheat, no system will be close to perfection : and this is exactly what's happening for players who can cheat repeatedly or create multitudes of accounts, eras after eras, realms after realms, without much of a bother.
But that's a different issue than the trading system ... isn't it ? *Smiley*

Deus populusque
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 02:36:51 AM »

this has always been a moral issue  *pardon*
but still, that 0.1 is so abvious, i think all of us would rather a limit to the sell price  *pardon*

Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »

I hear you there Starbuck.......

Whilst I appreciate that one of the game designers wanted it this way, surely we can all make mistakes ??

Personally the only thing I see this otherwise great game left with is a load of multi-accounts to move resources.............. surely this is not what the game designers wanted?Huh??

I feel confident is saying the above as most, if not all, players I have spoken to believe the current system just isn't working and most are happy to leave the game........ myself included.....  And most, if not all are premium members....... I doubt that most of the multi accounters are !!!!!!!

Oh well, I may as well shut up on this issue and look for another game to spend my hard earnt cash on...........
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 09:39:36 AM »

Now if that sale happens to be from an alliance member......... I have no idea who sold it........... I run the danger of getting banned........

Surely this is unfair on myself ??

In essence, what the system is managing to achieve is to frighten honest people away from the market as they could get banned through no fault of their own............. Surely this is not the intention of the game designers Huh?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »

Now if that sale happens to be from an alliance member......... I have no idea who sold it........... I run the danger of getting banned........

Surely this is unfair on myself ??

depending on the price offer at the time, it wouldn't necessarily be unfair ... though, it's a great bargain for iron *Smiley*

In essence, what the system is managing to achieve is to frighten honest people away from the market as they could get banned through no fault of their own............. Surely this is not the intention of the game designers Huh?

frighten sure is a big word.
you have to be on the lookout for clear fraudulent price offers, but bargains still exist :

wood > 0.3-0.4
iron > 1.5-1.8
stones > 0.7-0.8

below those prices, beware ...
it is said that all politics are locals, and so prices are situational too.

Deus populusque
blackdeath
Captain

All i can do is pity and honor the victims.......

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 22:45:24 PM »

my good friend dino, i`m afraid that i might stop play realm 9  because i just realised that blitz is the old game, v4. it doesnt have that trade system and it has the exciting attack warning. i think r50 in v4a is enough of that version for me.
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 17:35:21 PM »

depending on the price offer at the time, it wouldn't necessarily be unfair ... though, it's a great bargain for iron *Smiley*

As it was 50 Iron for 50 gold then the sale price was 1 *Grin*

frighten sure is a big word.

Not as big as pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanocon… (defined as a disease caused by inhaling fine graphite or silicate particles)

you have to be on the lookout for clear fraudulent price offers, but bargains still exist :

wood > 0.3-0.4
iron > 1.5-1.8
stones > 0.7-0.8

below those prices, beware ...
it is said that all politics are locals, and so prices are situational too.

So, if it is too good to be true, it generally is........... Just a few pointers from the way I see things at the moment......

1 - Leaving what I believe to be fraudulent sales allows the cheater to grow at an alarming rate............ 

2 - If the cheater is caught, they are banned for approx 48hrs and in this time the resources are used to create structures/troops (if the latter, the chances are they are too strong for me to attack).......

3 - Bidding on the resources could get me banned.........

To summarise then, under the new market system the only person likely to suffer is the honest player, for trying to bid on a bargain  !!!!!!

This has just been taken from my screen now........... the ratio's are exactly the same as the old system........

All hail the new system............... NOT  head_hurts_kr *bravo* *bravo*

Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 17:37:51 PM »

blackdeath - Sorry to heat that you may be leaving realm 9 (I think I read in another post that you may be leaving 50 as well)..........

If things ease up in RL for me, I will more than likely follow you in abandoning the new realms............
victorklr
Sergeant

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 18:54:29 PM »

can't u realize that this new market is ruining imperia ... eventually all the honest player will quit this game and only the cheater's will continue playing ...(you can see the start of this in the hall of shame) ... to the IO team .... u like this new version because more and more players uses premium and spend their money on useless resources ...  but with that money you will have to pay more admins because to many of the players in this game already cheats and with the current number of admins u wont handle the wave of cheater's to come .... hope someone will read this and understands what im trying to say   

I HATE v4a ....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: