Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 03:49:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honour gain in battles  (Read 2119 times)
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« on: July 19, 2009, 16:00:06 PM »

Sorry if this is SEB but can't find definitive answer: how is honour gain calculated in battles?

Have read in other topics that

• You must lose at least 5% of army (but by number or value?)
  • The amount of honour is based on the volume of troops lost (but again is it by number or value?)

Think I've also seen that you gain an honour point for every 1,000 troops lost (which would suggest number of troops is all and value is irrelevant).  If that is true am I right to think that if I send 320,000 troops, win the battle and lose 32,000 troops (of whatever kind) that I will get 32 honour points?

Thanks for your time *Smiley*
blackdeath
Captain

All i can do is pity and honor the victims.......

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 18:01:52 PM »

i have problems calculating that too. But i have learnt that if you want lots of honor you should send some light spearmen to die. so that tells me that the value isnt important just the quantity. I was told that was considered as honor pushing in earlier realms. Now everyone is doing it................ look at the battles of the day. all high honor winners sent 100k or more spears to die, hence pushing high honor. *Angry*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 18:05:29 PM by blackdeath » Logged
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »

Thanks Blackdeath

I think what you say must be completely right

But it would be good to have a definitive answer (from one of the mods or equivalent) on the calculations though.  I'm at the stage when I'm considering a big army expansion and want to see if I can use a strategy that enables me to go both for an effective alliance war army (gaining high honour is an important consideration for that) and that enables me to maximise my gold running ability - especially against level 6+ fort gold mines (which needs artillery). Gold running seems to be particularly important in this era because the prices of produced goods have remained low and even suffered something of a deflation.

So far I have used very different types of army for both activities - lights headed by heavy swords for gold running against sub level 6 forts and elites headed by artillery for wars - but I think a more imaginative combination is possible if understand the mechanics of gaining honour.

smruti
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »

Actions that can generate positive Honor:

Winning a field battle 1 point (the winning army must lose at least 5% of its units)
Winning a siege battle regardless on which side (defender or attacker) – 2 points. (the winning army must lose at least 5% of its units)

For every 1000 men killed in battle, the winner earns 1 more point of Honor which is added to the ones above. The battle must still meet the requirements for honor. (5% casualty rate)

thats all..i too had doubts but after reading this once its working fine for me....check the red texts....
smruti
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

I send 320,000 troops, win the battle and lose 32,000 troops (of whatever kind) that I will get 32 honour points?

Thanks for your time *Smiley*

i think u will get 2 + 16 = 18 honour pts....if m wrong mods please clear  *sos*
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »

Thanks Smruti - think I'm clear now but to be sure *Smiley*

• Surely I will get 2 for winning fortress siege + 32 for 32,000 dead soldiers divided by 1,000 (requirement to lose 5% of army is satisfied as soon as I lose 16,000 soldiers but that won't otherwise effect the honour calculation)
  • Number of troops lost is all and the value of troops is irrelevant

Would also welcome any corrections from the mods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: