Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 14:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: interesting player names in r2 - a game you can play at home  (Read 11584 times)
Tarantio
« on: July 04, 2009, 19:07:52 PM »

recently wanted to check a player in realm 2 and typed in part of their name, wont mention names here though, however that said its a simple for any who wish to try,

just pick a player who you think has 'made quite remarkable progress within the realm', type the first three letters of their name and this will list all players with those letters,

now the interesting bit, look at some of the players with 'very' similar (if not the same) name and note the points and moral, moral is good to give an indication of how long a player has been active within the game, points are self explanatory - show the growth of a player!, it amazes me in some (more than you'd imagine) cases that there are several 'players' with similar names but that only one with that name is growing, all the others appear to have a points value of '0',

hmmmm did all the 'other' players with that name start to play then decide to quite before they accumulated ANY growth, or .......well, you can decide for that for yourselves,

no acusations here mods, just opening a fact up for converstaion ;-)

.....on a TOTALLY seperate issue, how many players do you know that spend ages ammassing 100'000's of a specific resource just to give them away at 0.1 each, im very confused!!!!

lol, regards T
savannah
Lieutenant

Notice me, Sempai!

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:06:40 AM »

sometimes when you see players with similar names like that, its because they didnt have a good map and they just remade a new version of their nick (if they're fond of it) until they get one. There were times when i made 3 or 4 names because i didnt like the map *pardon*

thats if only one of the account has any growth though...otherwise they are prolly multi-accounting and you should turn them in *freak*

but anyway, even if people create accounts, then dont play them ...the names that arent used arent deleted until the restart of the era ( at least, thats when i assume they do it).

basically...its not very likely that separate people made the same name and just happened to not play  [:-}

i have no idea what you're talking about on the 2nd issue  *black_eye*

ps - welcome to avengers *wink*

"Women are never right" -- Savannah
chegewara
Captain

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »

savannah have right. ppl sometimes create few accounts to find good map to develope and the other accounts have no points cause arent used longer. and how much resourcer you can gather in account with 0 points? none, cause you need to build some buildings like iron mine or lumbermill to hire villagers. only in older versions game where isnt free economics villagers can make money but for what? if in old versions is other market *cool*
Tarantio
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »

okay so to clarify we generally agree that at least some of these players may be the same person. I hadnt thought of restarting to get a better map, an interesting concept, on that note what is the rules on doing so? regarding the multi accounting rule can I generate as many accounts in one realm as I want if I promise to only actually play in one of those accounts, accept that because theres no market system in this realm (thank god!!) that its harder to cheat with moving resources from one to another account, this could only be done through attacks which again cant happen because less thn 50 points.

So the only question remaining is am I within the game rules to generate accounts until I get the start map grid I am happy with, and then abandon the unused accounts?

Can we not incorporate a delete account function so can remain within the rules and self delete our spam accounts if we wish to have a fresh restart? save a lot of confusion in the long run?
Tarantio
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »

incidentally the 100'000's of resources at 0.1 each comment refferred to the market system in non 1-4 realms only and does not apply to this realm, my bad :-(
Horde
Captain

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:45 AM »

sometimes when you see players with similar names like that, its because they didnt have a good map and they just remade a new version of their nick (if they're fond of it) until they get one. There were times when i made 3 or 4 names because i didnt like the map *pardon*

thats if only one of the account has any growth though...otherwise they are prolly multi-accounting and you should turn them in *freak*

but anyway, even if people create accounts, then dont play them ...the names that arent used arent deleted until the restart of the era ( at least, thats when i assume they do it).

basically...its not very likely that separate people made the same name and just happened to not play  [:-}

i have no idea what you're talking about on the 2nd issue  *black_eye*

ps - welcome to avengers *wink*

More Avengers  *bravo*

This signature picture was made by Naylrod -- Rest In Peace my friend!
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 14:53:16 PM »

More Avengers  *bravo*

More targets  *freak* *hahaha*

@Tarantio, Classic Realms operates with different rules than v4a ... accounts with 0 points are not multiaccounting coz they are absolutely useless ... they are just the unused accounts of :

1) players who were looking for a better map or location in the realm
2) players with credits from past eras who haven't signed up again (check "starbuck" for example *wink*

the accounts you have to worry about are those who pillage ... very often, they don't play alone, but in complicity with farmers (which may or may not be multi-accounting, but most certainly 18/7 babysitting *wink*)

Have fun,

Deus populusque
savannah
Lieutenant

Notice me, Sempai!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 00:03:03 AM »

More targets  *freak* *hahaha*

oi, avengers arent your targets! shame on you, Mountain Man! X)

and yes taran - we all agree and know that those people are the same player (: But nobody cares because they are only playing one account. Its an issue when you see similar accounts that are all growing and playing.
As for your new questions:
There arent really any rules on creating multiple accounts for a map. At least, none that i am aware...its probably common courtesy to not do it too many times as the realm might fill up and other people are still trying to register *shrugs* but once again, im not exactly sure how that works. I have always assumed they closed registration when a realm has filled up to a certain capacity *freak* It IS a nice concept though - your map can help you alot...sometimes *wink*

So yes you can generate multiple accounts, for the sake of a better map, or maybe you want to be closer to a friend, or further from an enemy...there are many reasons to do it *pardon* Just as long as you play only ONE account per realm, then you are fine. I've given extra accounts to friends as well, so the 'space' is not wasted *wink*

Im not too fond of your "self-delete" plan...at least not with all the hacks that have been going on lately. It COULD be nice...in theory only though..But eventually people would get hacked and have accounts that are actually in use deleted and itd be a great big mess. Yea...i think it should remain the admins duty to delete the accounts. There isnt really any confusion about this (: Generally when people see similar names, they know what is going on....whether more than one of those names are active, or if they are all at 0 points (:

Tarantio
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 20:47:00 PM »

cheers savanna, used to playing in non realms 1-4 where the new market operates and these non used accounts are just a syphon for moving extra resources to a main account. much prefer these old rules and happy that the '0' point thing and looking for a good start in mapping cleared up :-)

Yeah, the self delete would be nice in an ideal world but fair point about the hacking, read the posts and how pi**ed would you be to find someone had deleted you while you were off line lol 

regards T
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 21:25:28 PM »

in old realms, resources you sell vanish, don`t got to any player, just the price changes

btw, who are avengers? *Grin*

Tarantio
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:14 AM »

if you need to ask that question again at the end of the round then we've done something wrong lol ;-)
savannah
Lieutenant

Notice me, Sempai!

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 17:44:13 PM »

polish, silly man *Tongue* what do you do, pop in once a year? *wink*

and taran has a made a slight point - although we're not going for alliance ranking this era...maybe next era. Its still nice to make an impression  *kissgirl*

k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 20:25:24 PM »

more or less. i hang around in IH for now, where we rule the rankings in a piggish way (2nd ranked guild has less than half of our points)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: