Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 19:23:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army capacity based on starting army  (Read 1726 times)
what
Private

« on: July 05, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »

My suggestion is that in v4 realms, when someone is attacking someone, the gold capacity should be of the starting army when the attack is declared and not the one after it has won the battle. The reason i think this is because at early 1-2 months, atleast in my realm, almost no one is  bothered to attack people with semi good army for their points because they won't win as much as the defender holds due to losing most of their soldiers in the proccess of killing the defender's army and fortress, yes there will be more wars and battles at near end of the era but this is a war game and i don't think that you should farm till the end few months of the era.

now you might say, Farming> killing but i find the game much more enjoyable if i KILL, i've probbably got highest amount of soldier kills in my realm and the top networth pointer has killed like 5k soldiers, i've killed about 80k and rising
"Have fun looking after chickens Mr."

my biggest problem is that in my realm, there is almost no goldmines near me, and besides i would still prefer to kill someone's army and get their gold but,My army is good enough to  win almost any battle with less loses than the deffender, but i still lose enough soldiers to make the battle not worth it.

E.G,  someone has 1million worth of gold and a army,I attack him and have a capacity of 500k, i destroy his fortress and lose about 60% of my soldiers, so i only get about 220k, for all the trouble i've had, i take 220k, while "someone" else sees his army destroyed, attacks him and takes 500k +

It might be clever thinking but to me thats not fair, because it should be the person who has bothered to take down his full army to take the gold.

i understand that the capacity has been made to make the game more realistic, but what i'm asking is still pretty much real, as it's not full capacity, it's the capacity of your army before it lost some of it's brave soldiers.

you might say: just attack him again afterwards, 2 problems - someone could attack him before me, he could login and use up/move/sell his resources.

you might say, make a bigger army - this is for the early game, in the late game everyone would prolly have enough army to take the biggest of cash available or so i think, and making a bigger army might take you out of the attacking range or cause lots of other problems.

You might say, Well farm like everybody else till late game, and then own them with big armies, than you won't have problems - yeah i could, but this is ment to be a war game, and i don't think my suggestion would ruin farming anyway, it would just make it so losing army be a bit more worth it.

I hope i'm not repeating other peoples suggestions or make some stupid mistakes but basicly, it's not a big suggestion in my opinion, just make it so starting capacity cannot change even if soldiers are lost, when the attack has been declared.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:12:58 AM by what » Logged

I likes colours!
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 14:44:22 PM »

dead soldiers and deserters don't carry the plundered ressources .... therefore, only the surviving soldiers are taken into account.
makes perfect sense *Smiley*

have fun,

Deus populusque
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: