Imperia Online International
April 23, 2024, 13:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clever or Cheat?  (Read 4424 times)
Corvus
Sergeant

« on: June 02, 2009, 18:00:53 PM »

During war, players are send attacks and then go into vacation mode until the army returns.

They again send the army, and return to vacation mode.

One attack/day sounds minimal, however, one attack per day without any chance for the enemy to score means the Vacationer Alliance will win on points.

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 18:07:45 PM »

During war, players are send attacks and then go into vacation mode until the army returns.

They again send the army, and return to vacation mode.

One attack/day sounds minimal, however, one attack per day without any chance for the enemy to score means the Vacationer Alliance will win on points.

yeah but you know that all players from that alliance cant go on vacation so they can easily get beaten up-->screw up the guys who aren't not in vacation and rest wont be able to hit back since they are on vacation

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Corvus
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 18:14:25 PM »

In order not to screw each other the Vacation Alliance does attacks/vacation at different times of the day, so that one member is always out of vacation, but for no more than a few hours. In other words, the risk of being attacked while out of vacation is spread between all members over 24 hours such that no member is exposed for more than an hour or two, a time too short to realistically be brought to battle while out of vacation mode.

My original question remains unanswered.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 18:16:41 PM by Corvus » Logged
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 18:16:34 PM »

In order not to screw each other the Vacation Alliance does attacks/vacation at different times of the day, so that one member is always out of vacation.

My original question remains unanswered.

not possible since when you go on vacation you need to wait minimum 48 hours to exit from it  *pardon* thats enough to screw them up because *pardon*
+ your plan has few flows:
1.if they plan to do it they can easily get ambushed because after sending attack to someone he can easily defend it..or if you already sent attack and go on vac...its enough for player on longer distance ,than the guy whos being attacked ,to send attack which will arrive after enemies army returns and he will still hit the enemy though its in vacation
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 18:22:17 PM by KoSaC » Logged

Corvus
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 18:19:55 PM »

With a large alliance 48 hours does not make it impossible, it is being done as we speak in several realms.

One attack every 48 hours with NO chance of being attacked means that in WAR, the Vacation Alliance will win. To avoid screwing the active members, they simply share the risk by making attacks a few hours after each other, then returning to vacation mode.

My original question remains unanswered..."not possible" is a denial, not an answer.
MeltDown
Private

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 18:26:57 PM »

Just my opinion.......

I think that has no honor and cowardly. Vacation should not be allowed during war.

For me...I'm in war now and getting my arse kicked....I'm taking it like a man and so should others.
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 18:27:21 PM »

With a large alliance 48 hours does not make it impossible, it is being done as we speak in several realms.

One attack every 48 hours with NO chance of being attacked means that in WAR, the Vacation Alliance will win. To avoid screwing the active members, they simply share the risk by making attacks a few hours after each other, then returning to vacation mode.

My original question remains unanswered..."not possible" is a denial, not an answer.
wrong again..there is chance to attack them *Smiley* and besides they wont be able to have only 1 player without vac unless its the guy with most netpoints..who can get easily killed then
so id say..that strategy is rather stupid *Smiley* well organized alliance will crush vacation alliance like flies..you see when you see you are being attacked you say to your friend who is farther than you are from the enemy and he sends his army..and enemy cant avoid being hit because he will go on vac shortly after hit..and if you send attack before he goes to vac..attack still arrives..
other option is he goes on vac instantly after sending attack which is dumb because he can easily get ambushed -.-

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 18:31:50 PM »

if you ask me just a waste of credits *Grin*

Corvus
Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 18:41:40 PM »

Wow, such a squareheaded answer "wrong again..there is chance to attack them *Smiley* and besides they wont be able to have only 1 player without vac unless its the guy with most netpoints..who can get easily killed then"

The "chance" can be made extremely minimal, the Vacation Alliance easily keeps more than one out of vacation due to the number of players, thereby spreading the risk between many.

That "chance" is a huge advantage relative to the alliances that don't do this.

Again, my question remains unanswered...please, have someone that thinks more deeply and seriously than KockSack answer.
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 18:58:51 PM »

Wow, such a squareheaded answer "wrong again..there is chance to attack them *Smiley* and besides they wont be able to have only 1 player without vac unless its the guy with most netpoints..who can get easily killed then"

The "chance" can be made extremely minimal, the Vacation Alliance easily keeps more than one out of vacation due to the number of players, thereby spreading the risk between many.

Again, my question remains unanswered...please, have someone that thinks more deeply and seriously than KockSack answer.

Sorry corvus, but kosac gave you good answers.
I would like to fight such alliance to score big war income on them. First, i would almost newer attack anyone who can defend and go to vacation. People gets ambushed even if they monitor their attack, and when on vacation they cant recall and get ambushed easily.
Second, as kosac said, you can monitor them and when they come from vacation, launch waves on them so when they leave to vacation again, you will hit them without danger.
If far enough, you can even kill their army if you are strong enough.
In 7 days war its enough that 1 of their army get cought and they will lose war. So they are certanly not attacking alliance they are in war with, but goldcoins so their army dont get caught.
Vacation was introduced to help people when they go vacation in real life, but like all stuff in game, some people are using it to make play easier, to cheat or not the way its intended to.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 19:06:02 PM »

actually youre wrong again..and rude..at least show some respect since youre already asking for advices and opinions  *pardon*...... maybe if you read what i write instead of pushing your story all the way...
sending attacks and then going in vacation is DUMB  *xxx* so alliance with those players would lose more than they would get because 1 attack on fort means nothing while they risk their army being caught

MeltDown
Private

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 19:22:34 PM »

sending attacks and then going in vacation is DUMB  *xxx* so alliance with those players would lose more than they would get because 1 attack on fort means nothing while they risk their army being caught

I'm still new to this game.....how do you "catch" an army?  Can you attack an army that is on the move??
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 19:26:47 PM »

nope

there are mostly 2 ways to "catch" an army :
1) ambushing it when you are under attack by "hiding" your army away from your opponent's spying and having it arrive in the targeted province no latter than 10-15s before impact
2) calculating as precisely as possible the travel time of your opponent's returning army, and having your own army arriving after 10-15s of his

have fun,
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 19:27:24 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 19:40:35 PM »

nope

there are mostly 2 ways to "catch" an army :
1) ambushing it when you are under attack by "hiding" your army away from your opponent's spying and having it arrive in the targeted province no latter than 10-15s before impact
2) calculating as precisely as possible the travel time of your opponent's returning army, and having your own army arriving after 10-15s of his

have fun,
yep and by corvus's strategy you wouldnt need to arrive 10-15 secs after it..only condition would be to arrive after it and to send it while he is not on vacation *Smiley*) and its possible by telling to your teammember who is farther from that guy than you are *Smiley*)

Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 20:31:44 PM »

yep and by corvus's strategy you wouldnt need to arrive 10-15 secs after it..only condition would be to arrive after it and to send it while he is not on vacation *Smiley*) and its possible by telling to your teammember who is farther from that guy than you are *Smiley*)
ahem..... and this person must be online (nearly all the time like a taxi dispatcher).  *freak* Do you people have lives off of I.O.?  scratch

Vote for MORE, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE character space in MESSAGES >> Personal Notes >> Limitation?! Poll
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: