Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 17:25:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to win against Cavalry  (Read 2870 times)
Jantje
Private

« on: May 30, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »

Hi all,

I am new to this game and I have a question regarding cavalry. I have a neighbour whose army i would like to make a bit smaller, but I am strugling how to do it.

To makes things clear, I am talking about a field battle and his army looks something like this:

Spearman: 0
Archers: 400
swordman: 1100
Cavalry: 500

Mine is something like this:

Spearman: 500
Archers: 200 (which I can increase if i take them from my fortress)
Swordman: 1800
Cavalry: 300

I have been playing with the calcultor, but it seems his cavalry is killing my swordman really fast. Now I hear that spearman are good against cavalry, but my spearman are killed in the first 3 rounds when the archers can shoot.

So what is the best way to handle enemy cavalry? Even more spearman, or something else?

thanks in advance!

Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »

just read the units description in the game manual or by clicking on the unit's picture in-game, and you'll see that each troops has bonuses and maluses against at least another one type of troops.
cavalry are particularly effective against archers and swordsmen, even more so in plains where cavlary on both sides gets a +20% to attack.

defend in mountain and you need to have around 2x to "x more spears against the cavalry for it to be effective.
in practice, better for you not to defend agaisnt field battle or pop pilalge attack and instead let your attacker come in a fort siege mode.
with an army 2000 spears + 1000 swords + 800 cavalry (and 200 archers in the fort) ... he won't stand against your defenses

having lots of swordsmen is nice when attacking against empty fort, but it's a liability when your opponent has lots of cavalry *Smiley*

have fun,

Deus populusque
smruti
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 14:01:35 PM »

increase number of cavalry which will wipe his archers then increase no of spears which will take his cavs  *Smiley*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 17:15:15 PM »

It's easy to understand you need just a little bit more cavalry, maybe 50 or 100, because his army formation is missing spears... *wink*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: