Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 21:04:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to catch a player whose army is always on the move?  (Read 11114 times)
zmx
Private

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »

dears... my opponents were the "best of"... they were online more then "19" hours per day...

sometimes 48 hours - 72 hours nonstop !

if you look for the the spies EVERY SECOND FOR 3 HOURS you dont need cartography...  
this is the exertion !!  not going to gold mines 50 times per day !!!!!!!!!!!!
can you do this?? i dont know...
can   i   do ?? yes i can... i did...

my army had never crushed...  i had %86 military medicine and kamikazes were "unmeaningful"... they were being "honor" to me... i had more than 8k honor for last 2 months
and... i wasnt going anywhere with "trebuchets phalanx or guardians..."
all was > spearmen, swordsmen and paladins with archers...  what is the army speed ? "0,8"  ( no treubuchets )
can anyone catch this army ?  if i go over 5000 distance... and they will be in 2500 distance...
is there any army in my 2500 distance... no...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:07:18 AM by zmx » Logged
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 14:42:24 PM »

Those numbers can't be reached in classical realms... And army save is indeed a concept born from classical realms where 6 hours offline rule is the real "problem".

Using army save in a 12 months realm is not so easy (if it's worth at all). You can concentrate your forces in 2-3 months, but not in 12.

And i thought you were speaking for classical realms, not new ones.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »

wrong, even in v4 realms is necessary. look at the big wars they had in R25, and how easy big armies vanished, when someone left them home.
and zmx, spying non stop won`t help, if you don`t know where the army is sent (as well as that playing 18 hours doesn`t make one a good player). and if no one killed your armies if it was home, and you off, then there was no serious competition.

smruti
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 07:06:48 AM »

i know the offline hours of all my neighbours from the starting and sometimes i write em into note *Grin*
in r2 everytime i loggedin or slept a bit more either my army was destroyed or i got defensive victories.....
lord kruw
A wise man in times of peace prepares for war
Private

We make war so that we may live in peace.

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »

in r2 everytime i loggedin or slept a bit more either my army was destroyed or i got defensive victories.....

most of the time our luck save us..   *ok*

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep
zmx
Private

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 13:06:28 PM »

wrong, even in v4 realms is necessary. look at the big wars they had in R25, and how easy big armies vanished, when someone left them home.
and zmx, spying non stop won`t help, if you don`t know where the army is sent (as well as that playing 18 hours doesn`t make one a good player). and if no one killed your armies if it was home, and you off, then there was no serious competition.

i have changing offline hours... so it was impossible to catch... and... they even couldnt see when i had 800k paladins *Grin*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2009, 14:02:26 PM »

@zmx  so, army saves protected your army, not the fact that it was unbeatable:D

@smruti  so, your enemies were very weak, if u killed them only by noticing offline hours

smruti
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 14:14:59 PM »

@smruti  so, your enemies were very weak, if u killed them only by noticing offline hours
exactly my armies are generally very weak , but once they see some noobs like u ..they get charged and kill em untill they all goes to hell  *hahaha*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 14:19:44 PM »

Well... with military medicine at the level zmx is speaking, kamikaze attacks are not worth at all (He is recovering 86%). So for what you need army save, if your army is bigger than the opponents? If they will need 8-9 kamikaze attacks to destroy me, they will give me a lot of military points and i don't know if that will be worth at all for my enemies.

I still believe that army save (for big armies) is not so necessary in v4a. Of course if your army is weaker you will absolutely need army save. But the point is properly this: In v1-v2 realms everybody needs army save (except low point players). In V4a if you have a huge army and very high military medicine, maybe you don't need it at all, which is not the case in classic realms.

Anyway, maybe i'm wrong, because i never played in v4a realms. I was just trying to understand it from outside...  *pardon*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 14:40:29 PM »

if you have a war or want to take out an enemy, ofc is worth it. if the other side has also a similar mil med, advantage is nullified. actually, kamikadze should be less costly than in v4 and would bring also lots of mil points.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 14:41:34 PM by k_mihai » Logged

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 15:00:57 PM »

if you have a war or want to take out an enemy, ofc is worth it. if the other side has also a similar mil med, advantage is nullified. actually, kamikadze should be less costly than in v4 and would bring also lots of mil points.

wait a moment... of course the other side has the same military medicine, but is not there the point. If i recover 90% of lost army after kamikaze attacks, it means they will need a lot of them to make my army vulnerable. And looking that they lost all their battles before, they lost around 27% of their armies (if they have the same mm). So i really have strong doubts if it is worth, because even in the moment that i'll loose, i'll loose 27%. If everything works like this, they will need 8-9 kamikazes, plus at least 3-4 winning waves... It will require a lot of players involved and i still believe that military points lost and won will be nearly the same.

Anyway... maybe you have tested it and you can be right. This is just hypothesis...
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 15:10:48 PM »

not the same. around 8 kamikadzers, they will lose 30% each, you will lose all your army, and considering the time needed to rebuild it, you`ll be out of competition for long (mil or net, or in war), while the opponents have 70% of their armies to continue the war or whatever. nvm the mil points per se (which net gain even in v4 are not that great), a huge army will be destroyed. actually, there isn`t another way to get to a big army and trash it.

told ya, check r25 topics, about armies left home and their fate.

zmx
Private

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 23:24:55 PM »

@zmx  so, army saves protected your army, not the fact that it was unbeatable:D

no i didnt send my army to long distances when i was offline...
i was always onlne while their army was coming to me... i didnt make army saves... ( this was before  building my real army... )

and when i built my real army... i kicked them all so my army became unbeatable... cuz there werent anymore armies in the realm : )))))))))))
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 23:58:36 PM »

no i didnt send my army to long distances when i was offline...
i was always onlne while their army was coming to me... i didnt make army saves... ( this was before  building my real army... )

and when i built my real army... i kicked them all so my army became unbeatable... cuz there werent anymore armies in the realm : )))))))))))

This can happen only in very weak realms. You couldn't even think something like this 1-2 years before in classic realms...
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »

i agree here, he probably had no serious opponents

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: