Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 06:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to catch a player whose army is always on the move?  (Read 11117 times)
zmx
Private

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 13:17:21 PM »

is impossible to calculate with precision, but that doesn`t mean that you won`t reach it in those secs, if lag favours you. but then, again, you may have problems, and your attack army may arrive like 1 sec before the enemy. that`s on thing. the other is that when the opponent uses some complicated ways of army saving, you won`t know his launching time, or carto.

you are badly wrong, because it doesn`t depends on your connection only, but on the operation of server. ask an admin, or programmer where this type of lag comes from. then, if you include luck, you contradict yourself, since that means you can calculate it with precision, which was my point. 

if my opponent uses "complicated" methods...
then i use complicated methods too *Grin*

and i can lock  an army that is going a gold mine  in other 9 armies...  pull back send again etc...
i just mean there are things you also can do...,

and meanwhile serwer lag... > you send an army before the real attack time and calculate the serwerlag "aproximately" and you send a few seconds early... or later...

there is no uncatchable army...
but there may be unbeatable army : )))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 13:18:21 PM by zmx » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 14:00:26 PM »

yeah, that`s were the luck comes, since the server lag is unpredictable, thus, unable to be calculated.
but by the book army save is almost impossible to catch, cause you won`t knew when one simulates or not, what`s the real value of the inputs in ur maths (like choosing different targets for each group, changed daily), or even, from which province is the army sent (when army is split in groups and all all rounded though provinces).

smruti
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 14:09:20 PM »

IO aint that unpredictable anyway..... catching armies at home without online status is piece of cake..... just make he aint watching ur moves all the time..... ur friends can help also by distracting him with message....thrs no luck unless power cut or system reboot or u slept  *hihi*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 15:12:40 PM »

then, you probably haven`t faced players who know how to do army saves. for example, Radooo was uncatchable in an era, cause he hid well his carto
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 15:13:16 PM by k_mihai » Logged

k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 16:12:43 PM »

yes *Grin* and poor us tried to figured it out without much of success in that war

smruti
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 16:49:43 PM »

then, you probably haven`t faced players who know how to do army saves. for example, Radooo was uncatchable in an era, cause he hid well his carto
yes i have played and catched some of em , and some of em also caught me really well within 1 mins of my army was home.....
zmx
Private

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 17:04:37 PM »

an attacking player can not hide his cartography... othervise he will level up his cartography from attack to attack... but the limit is 14... he can go up to somewhere... there is a limit...

and... i dont need cartography level to lock an army...
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 22:38:03 PM »

yes i have played and catched some of em , and some of em also caught me really well within 1 mins of my army was home.....

honestly, i doubt that you really faced one.

an attacking player can not hide his cartography... othervise he will level up his cartography from attack to attack... but the limit is 14... he can go up to somewhere... there is a limit...

and... i dont need cartography level to lock an army...

yes, an attacker can`t hide his carto (if watched non stop). i once had a 160 k+elites, in a big war, managed to catch part of an opponent`s army, and on the way back. then one of them, with a really huge army, come to trash me, calculating the time would have i needed to return. too bad he arrived with 1 second earlier.

and lol at you, ofc you need to know carto to catch an army, if the player does saves.

KwalB
mistakes are unavoidable, but also unacceptable
Trusted Member

I am who I am!

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 22:47:08 PM »

but there may be unbeatable army : )))
that is sooo wrong *hihi*

zmx
Private

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 23:53:24 PM »

that is sooo wrong *hihi*
if you beat all of your the enemies and if you have huge amount fortress value... like > 800k paladins in fortresses...
you can easily beat any "getting stronger army"  so your army becomes unbeatable... ( for the realm not for the entire game... )
[i was attacking to a 5x player with 300 morale.]

yes, an attacker can`t hide his carto (if watched non stop). i once had a 160 k+elites, in a big war, managed to catch part of an opponent`s army, and on the way back. then one of them, with a really huge army, come to trash me, calculating the time would have i needed to return. too bad he arrived with 1 second earlier.

and lol at you, ofc you need to know carto to catch an army, if the player does saves.

i "really" dont need to know cartography...

if the army is coming to me > just the sending time is enough...

if not > i also need the battle time too...

i wonder why my words creates disblievings... : (    (http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=16097.msg140443#msg140443)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 23:56:06 PM by zmx » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 02:01:33 AM »

i wasn`t talking about battle against noobs (or arrogant people like me who liked to do saves on enemy`s armies left home *Grin* ) who come to attack when the opponent is on, but against good players. sending time/battle time are means to try to guess arrival time, which means carto - speed means distance/time. and you still can miss it, if server lags messes the maths. but if you don`t know that, like when the players does saves, you have to guess it. that`s the main situation when intercepting an army poses a problem, the one you talked about is easy for everyone.

and i`m sorry to crush the dreams of unbeatable army, but all can be smashed in a kamikadze, as noob farmers with big armies always find out for their great surprise.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:10:33 AM by k_mihai » Logged

reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 02:55:52 AM »

Against a very "normal" army save you can't do nothing, not to speak about perfect ones. One year ago, playing in r2 against many players (big and strong) my army was constantly in movement. During offline hours i hit the same goldcoin for a long time and i didn't care if they tried to calculate anything. It was a 7.5 hour army save... Practically i always logged on 10-15 minutes before. After some unsuccessful attempts, they (my enemies) got bored and stopped all the attacks.

I also think you should be lucky to catch an army save. Generally i don't make any calculation. I see the offline hours of my enemy and i try to hit him 30-40 minutes after his normal logon time. If he is unlucky, for example broken internet connection or no possibility to connect at right time, you can catch his army. But still this is luck (or unluck looking from defeated point of view).
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 04:09:57 AM »

it really depends on how much the other wants to get the army. also, if the carto is 10 or more, army doesn`t have much chances. plus come tactics, like asking a friend to clear the provinces and lot of luck *Grin*.

smruti
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 06:10:01 AM »

you really think u are the only one that faced good players  Huh? Huh?..... u mean since i played no good players played in my realm  Huh? Huh?  what is that  *Embarrassed* *Embarrassed*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »

no, because of the things you posted. catching an army of a good player isn`t a piece of cake

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: