Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 10:13:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: multi account  (Read 2769 times)
ST0RML0RD
Storm Ninja
Private

Dedicated to how i'm killing you.

« on: December 12, 2008, 01:36:26 AM »

*sos*  *sos*  *sos*
Not that i have anything to do with it but as i was looking up a player (i am/WAS atacking him/her ...say its a he) i noticed that there were two names basically identical (a bit silly) (suspicious)
REALM 56
lsilverl
llsilverll

The accounts were made on the same day... i might be wrong...but i dont think so.  *hmm*

P.s. dont mean to be a grass or anything but... i am.   *pardon*
 *sos* *sos* *sos*
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:37:30 AM by ST0RML0RD » Logged

Does the walker choose the path or the path the walker?
soy_julian
Private

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 04:42:36 AM »

you must send this in personal message to a mod.....

sweet dream
ST0RML0RD
Storm Ninja
Private

Dedicated to how i'm killing you.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 16:45:32 PM »

Ok thanks did it *Tongue*

Does the walker choose the path or the path the walker?
rollingthunder
Private

Semper Fi

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »

I believe that there are many multi-accounts however my son and I joined together the same time and we were placed 10000 miles away from one another.  I am happy about this because I am a beginner at the game and he has played before.  He wont even give me advice so I am forced to read all the comments posted just to get some help.  I know there are many Phillipinos that join together and for some reason are placed closer to each other.
Must be a glich in the system!!! evil3
rain1314
Private

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »

I have a question to ask about multi account. For example , me and my brother share the same computer. And we both play in the same realm. Is that call multi accounting?And if i ask him or use his account to attack people that attack me. What kind of punished will be charge on those 2 account?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »

if there is any interactions between your 2 accounts, it can be viewed as multi-accounting, even though htere are 2 different persons playing it ...
the usual punishment is 48hrs.

have fun,

Deus populusque
foolinaround
Private

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 17:16:59 PM »

Continuing on this topic...

Background:
I tend to let my daughter try out such online games I find worth while, as we share the nag and interest for strategy gaming, be it wargames or not

And so... she will try out this game too, along with myself, as I am already on my way
Therefore I would like to clarify on the reference to "any interactions" between different players showing up from behind the same firewall and thus identical outside shown IP address

It's a general question:
Do you not in this game allow two persons to be in the same alliance, when they play from the same IP address  *hmm*

I imagine there would a lot of legal interactions between players in the same alliance (to make it worth while)
I just hope the multi hunters take good considerations for these scenarios, just as the brothers asking above
Disallowing family members to be in the same alliance can hardly be the preferred solution to this possible problem?  head_hurts_kr

That's just one possible scenario where strategies and rules for deeming someone as multis should best be expressed in very explicit terms - and "any interaction" to me sounds a bit vague  *pardon*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 17:30:30 PM »

If in doubt, read this :

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=13155.0

If you are punished, it is because some of the following crimes:

- multiaccounting
 - account pushing
 - fixed battles
 - illegal trade
 - offensive messages
 - offensive profile
 - extreme Forum rules violation

The punishments vary from locking the player's account for 48 hours (the account CAN be attacked by others), locking the account for 1 year (the account CAN be attacked by others), and blocking the account (as if it doesn't exist anymore).

Offensive messages and profiles punishments are, as follow:
- First strike: 24 silence (the player cannot send ANY messages for 24 hours)
 - Second strike: 168 silence (the player cannot send ANY messages for 168 hours)
 - Third strike: 1 year silence (the player cannot send ANY messages for 1 year)

The system is absolutely impartial, punishments are given based on hard evidence and facts.
We do not care about somebody's brother, uncle, aunt, mother, children, etc.
Given enough evidence there will be punishment.

Explanation for somebody's punishment is given to the perpetrator himself, not to third parties. Specifically, do not expect it to be publicly posted on the Forum.
When you signal for a check, mind that your account can be checked also.
IO Team can check players even without a signal to be given for them.
IO Team reserves its right not to give explanations for punishing certain players.

Deus populusque
foolinaround
Private

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 17:50:08 PM »

If you are punished, it is because some of the following crimes:

- multiaccounting

I'm sorry, but this does not give me any clearer information
From the FAQ:
1: multi-accounting
Easy to explain; when you have 2 or more accounts in the same realm you’re multi-accounting… when you get caught; the account with the lowest points will be deleted and the account with the highest points will get a 48-hr-ban.
There is also some official quote that "any interactions" between two accounts, and hence my question:
can family members sharing the same IP both playing separate accounts join the same alliance?
The same goes btw for work associates, playing from work and thus facing the world from the same IP (usually)

There are of course advantages achieved by communicating outside the game, which can be met for anybody playing a game with IRL friends, family or whatever.
And that would surely make it viable to show "interactions", as long as the term is not clearer specified - the example from above is one that becomes fuzzy; hitting back at a suppressor of a friend, family or not
A more innocent interaction is the one I have been doing so far; messaging with my daughter from within the game, and vice versa. Is thes deamed as cheating, violating the rule of "any interactions?"

I for one have used this advantage in many MMOG games, played not only with my daughter...  *kissgirl*
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 17:51:47 PM by foolinaround » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 17:56:44 PM »

yes, several players can use the same ip to play different accounts while being in the same Alliance ...

BUT :

- they can't attack the same targets (possible abusive babysitting)
- they can trade ressources between them (possible market fixing)
- they can't attack each others if not in the same Alliance (possible battle fixing and account pushing)

in short, except for communication purposes, they must run TOTALLY separate accounts with no interactions.

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: