Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 16:34:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need someone's opinion.  (Read 1465 times)
tarnakod
Private

Let my name be known.

« on: February 13, 2009, 21:31:51 PM »

Can someone help me with figure out whether to build a lvl 5 fortress in my capital (which will increase production) or upgrade centralization to rack in more resources? I'm torn by these two decisions so it will really if any of you can help me out with this decision?

I am myself an image of significance, Tarnakod.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 21:34:24 PM »

it all depends on the aggressivity of your neighbourhood and how easy it is for you to collect ressources.
the short answer is : colonize ... because using your province 8 (plains) as your main fort is usually the worst place to defend (I'm guessing you kept your capital unchanged instead of moving it to a mountain province *Smiley*) ....

Have fun,

Deus populusque
iIiacrush
Private

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 00:28:39 AM »

How many cent levels do you have so far? If zero then cent 1 has to be right before F5.
tarnakod
Private

Let my name be known.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 00:36:37 AM »

My centralization level is 2 one has mountains with forests the other has hills with forests. And all my provinces are level 4 fortresses.

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 00:58:09 AM »

without a map of your provinces, it doesn't help much ... at least give us the province numbers.
if you have to build a fort 5, do in the mountain and colonize in a way to box that mountain province, move all your troops there, make it your capitale if you want and in the end, your development will be so much easier after that *Smiley*

Deus populusque
tarnakod
Private

Let my name be known.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »

I colonized provinces 3 and 7. 3 is the mountains and forests and the other is 7. Well it sounds like to me that it's best to build higher levels of fortress in the mountains and forests. Is it possible to box province 3 because it is at the border line of colonization?

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »

I colonized provinces 3 and 7. 3 is the mountains and forests and the other is 7. Well it sounds like to me that it's best to build higher levels of fortress in the mountains and forests. Is it possible to box province 3 because it is at the border line of colonization?

nope, you can't box prov 3 ... you absolutely need 5 provinces in a "+" shape, and the center being the boxed province.
which means you were planning to box your plain province (8) .... classic ...

I don't know your map, but you should take a second look before colonizing again .... in the meantime, your province in mountain is by far your best location for defense.

Deus populusque
Vas Deferens
Private

I deliver The Milk

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »

forget the lvl 5 fortress ---- build a hydrodam, they really increase productivity and don't produce any harmful by-products.

EDIT: Its Questions section, please dont spam it, you are misleading new players  *stop*
Next time I will have to delete the post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:24:59 AM by makatas » Logged

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz --available now in 'louder' version--ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: