Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 13:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: buying on the market (version 4)  (Read 2729 times)
Tarantio
« on: February 15, 2009, 22:50:09 PM »

Hey mods, whats the chances that when you go to market to buy whatever item you want you either pay the advertised rate or the deal falls through. ie wood advertised at 1.5, go to buy 10000, should pay 15000. however owing to lag, someone gets in before you and the next cheapest wood on the market is selling at 4.5, so you pay 45000 instead. Grrrrrrr really really annoying. Any chance this can be ammended, deal or no deal style ;-)... if you want the wood at 4.5 ea you can re bid for it!
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 00:35:34 AM »

the cheaper the price, the higher the risks that someone else will be there before you ... *pardon*

Deus populusque
Tarantio
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:55:09 AM »

appreciate that SB, but missing the point. Not reffering to the price itself but that when you go to buy you actually pay the price advertised (in your window) for the items. If theyve gone before you click buy then you dont buy anything instead of automatically buying the next cheapest lot on offer. If you want the next cheapest you re do the process not automatically buying at whatever on offer.

Does that make sence lol?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:26:38 AM »

what makes sense, is that you put an offer for a quantity to purchase, not for a price to purchase ... that's where players get confused.
you don't purchase within price limits, but within quantity limits ... therefore, if the stock you were aiming for has been purchased by someone else, your traders still follow your orders to buy the next quantity ... even if that quantity were to be twice or more the price you initially put a "buy" order on.

Deus populusque
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 13:58:24 PM »

Mmmm... interesting stuff Starbuck and I understand these are the game rules to which we have to adapt

But - if (as is often stated) IO want to make the game more realistic - though God knows why, it's a game after all -then this rule is daft.
If I were a mediaeval emperor and one of my merchants behaved in this imprudent manner: I'd chop his goolies off   head_hurts_kr
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 14:00:50 PM »

If I were a mediaeval emperor and one of my merchants behaved in this imprudent manner: I'd chop his goolies off   head_hurts_kr

Can't argue with that  *rose*

Deus populusque
KwalB
mistakes are unavoidable, but also unacceptable
Trusted Member

I am who I am!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »

you don't purchase within price limits, but within quantity limits

i beg to differ Starbuck. if u want a certain quantity of resource u want it for the best price. if that "best price" isnt there to be bought anymore, then u should buy nothing and wait for a better price to come along. if u are any good economist u know that the lowest price is the best price so if that price isnt there, then u should not buy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: