Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 17:11:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heavy spearmen  (Read 7580 times)
Vanc
Private

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2010, 14:20:49 PM »

I think all this talk about improvements benefiting lights more is wrong. In fact in think it is just the opposite.
Run a simple test 5000 heavy cav versus 100K at 0 attack armor and the 5000 heavy cav versus 1 million at say 18 attack and armor you'll know the difference.
In fact after a certain level of attack you wont be able to kill these 5000 heavy cavs no matter how many light spears you use. Evem with 10 million you'll lose.
The results will be more drastic if you use paladins.

Light units are crap and dont stand a chance against elites or heavy. Only light spears are awesome units because they are incredibly cheap they will swell your infantry flank your cavalry and give extra honor. And they can carry more load. Thats all!
What do you mean 10 million light spears can't beat 5,000 heavy cav??? Just 10,000 light spears are enough to thrash 5,000 heavy cav. And that's on the plains where cav get an advantage. Try it out in mountains and you'll find that with 10,000 light spears against 5,000 HC you'll win with almost 8,000 spears remaining. The question posed earlier in this thread is whether 6,000 heavy spears would be better than 10,000 light spears in the same scenario. I just tried them out against the same number of cav in the calculator and they were roughly the same, but the lights fared slightly better with zero bonuses. Adding +15 melee attack and armour to both sides, the lights still came out better, though not by a bigger margin. Interestingly the number of HC remaining was the same in all four scenarios. I'm not going to run hundreds of tests in the calculator to work out the exact difference, and obviously there are lots of different battle situations, but in this simple spears vs. cav example, light spears worked out slightly stronger than heavy spears compared with their cost to build.
Moonshadow
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2010, 16:50:47 PM »

Ahh you're right I must be making some mistakes zzz I can see it now. So upgrades are actually benefiting lights more.
Vanc
Private

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2010, 13:02:01 PM »

Perhaps. It certainly seems that way although perhaps the bonuses are adjusted for heavy and elite units. They certainly should be.
NeverGiveUp
Erin go Braugh!!
Lieutenant

Will only play for u now :(

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 13:17:52 PM »

A flank paladin in version 4a costs 160 iron, has 1600 hit points, and requires 5 villagers.  Damaged flank paladins can be "healed" in 6 hours and do not need to be home to start healing.  *Smiley*
something new...paladins cost 5 villagers *sos* *sos* u really serious  *black_eye*
Moonshadow
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 17:24:16 PM »

Thats a lie evil3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: