Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 14:19:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechanics of the battle  (Read 64764 times)
sirmarchel
Private

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2009, 00:44:07 AM »

hi,

im a beginner so maybe it will be a stupid question. is it normal that i loose against an empty lvl3 destroyed castle? there were no enemy units neither in battle nor in siege... and the castle has been not repaired yet. my army has been defeated by ghosts or they has become so disappointed cos there were no enemies that they fought the battle without enemy, killing each other?

help please. i need someone to explain cos im not brave enough to send my army to death without enemies...

thx,
sir
chegewara
Captain

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 00:49:29 AM »

the fortress is not destroyed but damaged and battle always start with full power of fortress. try to use battle calc to see so you win or not, but remember if morale drop belowe 50 you can always lose cause yours troops can flee from battle field
sirmarchel
Private

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2009, 13:15:57 PM »

the fortress is not destroyed but damaged and battle always start with full power of fortress. try to use battle calc to see so you win or not, but remember if morale drop belowe 50 you can always lose cause yours troops can flee from battle field

i see, but there were no enemy soldiers... how is it possible that an empty castle defeat my thousand soldiers? with over 500 swordmen and 300 horsemen? battle calc said i will win easily and that was a lie 8))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 15:01:37 PM by sirmarchel » Logged
chegewara
Captain

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 15:28:33 PM »

easily? check again morale yours troops. if you cant crash fortress walls and enter to town before yours troops start flee (morale below 50) you should make 5-10 battle simulations
blackdeath
Captain

All i can do is pity and honor the victims.......

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2009, 16:16:46 PM »

i see, but there were no enemy soldiers... how is it possible that an empty castle defeat my thousand soldiers? with over 500 swordmen and 300 horsemen? battle calc said i will win easily and that was a lie 8))
please remember my friend that cavalry are useless against a fortress, they are only effective in the field. another thing is that you probably haven`t considered the possibilty that the enemy has a high level of fortification, that definately has an effect. why not try with 1000 spears and 1000 swords? thats a good mix *ok*
sirmarchel
Private

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2009, 23:23:37 PM »

please remember my friend that cavalry are useless against a fortress, they are only effective in the field. another thing is that you probably haven`t considered the possibilty that the enemy has a high level of fortification, that definately has an effect. why not try with 1000 spears and 1000 swords? thats a good mix *ok*

i had ram as well. why would i think that an empty castle will defeat an army with siege weapon and over 500 swordmen (which is good for siege if im right)...
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2009, 23:33:24 PM »

500 swordsman is very small amount .
For fort 1 good amount is 400 swordsman
for fort 2 800 swordsman
for fort 3 1600 swordsman

for f4 u may need 3200 heavy swordsman

etc...

u really need to use siege calculator ,some rules are not just should i say natural from every point of view

blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:58 AM »

good points, he also has to play very close attention to the end moral, lots of people calculate and see the flames and think yeeeaaaaa i will win, but their end moral in below 50, in red. that leaves everything to chance, not a sure win. there are days when i guess the program doesnt work and people win with even 36 moral, but you ahve to be very lucky or feeding your troops brave juice for them not to run........ *hihi* *hihi*
dasher
Sergeant

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »

I thought it all depended on the:
i) melee as morale is only checked on those rounds
ii) morale diff - if they lose more x morale than you, then you won't flee even if you would otherwise

A handy tip somebody passed on to me regarding sieges - for forts upto and including 5 - you need 10 light siege per fort lvl.

At forts lvl 6+ - the above guide fails due to the fortification lvl and it's affect on the HP.

As a guide to fortification lvls they have - it's handy to send a siege to their smallest province that has a fort and then you can do the math (or use one of the great xls/websites) to work out the lvl they have.
blackdeath
Captain

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »

I thought it all depended on the:
i) melee as morale is only checked on those rounds
ii) morale diff - if they lose more x morale than you, then you won't flee even if you would otherwise

A handy tip somebody passed on to me regarding sieges - for forts upto and including 5 - you need 10 light siege per fort lvl.

At forts lvl 6+ - the above guide fails due to the fortification lvl and it's affect on the HP.

As a guide to fortification lvls they have - it's handy to send a siege to their smallest province that has a fort and then you can do the math (or use one of the great xls/websites) to work out the lvl they have.
man you need to be careful with that, *hmm* *hmm* *hmm* nelee basically doesnt have much to do with it if he is hitting and empty fort, if there were archers inside, range would have a lot to do it it. the archers drop moral, hence the walls and its fortifications drop moral too, thats why to research trebuckets you need level 14 range atttack. good luck with your 10 siege weapons. try hitting a fortress 4 with 10 rams......... empty or not you will be defeated *stop* *Angry*
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2009, 21:14:38 PM »

You had 8 rounds at the fortress siege which cost reduced your morale from 92 to 50............. at the 1st round of the Battle against the garrison, you were reduced to 46 morale and your army fled.............

In the 8 rounds that you were fighting the garrison wall, his archers were picking off your troops with no great losses to himself............ Your archers did kill a few of his Phlanx but not enough for it to make a difference..........

As you are probably aware, the greater the difference in losses per round, the faster the morale falls and the further it falls below 50, the greater the chance of the army fleeing........

So, from what I see there is nothing wrong with that report........... Apart from attacker error !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dino740
Lieutenant

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2009, 21:15:51 PM »

I want explain of this battle...http://www34.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/_addons/dokladi/?path=bitki/2/2009_9_17/889078_905523_12192 ...I don't believe...I have 10 mil.medicine pls send me explain.Realm 2

You may also wish to read all the report................ Especially the bit at the bottom that says "It is forbidden to post reports of battles that have been fought less then 7 days ago." ...............
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2009, 21:16:43 PM »

attacking boxed fort 6 with fortification 8 with only 160 treb. u need much more . mili medicine cannot help u much
U can rarely change losing 7 moral per round in siege ,u can focus on decreasing number of rounds  *pardon*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 21:18:38 PM by fragmaster » Logged

engkerpo
Private

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2009, 03:54:41 AM »

why is it that my free economics or my golds are in negative..whats wrong with it???
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2009, 16:28:37 PM »

Bonuses:
Fights with an enormous bonus against Cavalry. When fighting a Cavalry it is x4 more cost effective. Against higher class cavalry is not as effective.

does anyone know anything about this? i figured out that bonus dmg is 7.5x - 8 x ,dmg resistance 50%   but i cannot find difference between classes .

And description what cost effective means is not quite accurate ,simple because 50k planaxes cannot defeat 50k paladins on neutral terrain at all.50k spearman cannot defeat 50k light cavalry

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: