Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 12:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechanics of the battle  (Read 64762 times)
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 03:42:30 AM »

It's xpertiza fault  *hihi*

It was my idea first  *Angry* And then Radooo copied me and X copied me, even KOPSi copied me, thank god we didnt have to reach Avengers 1001  *xxx*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 09:43:18 AM »

It was my idea first  *Angry* And then Radooo copied me and X copied me, even KOPSi copied me, thank god we didnt have to reach Avengers 1001  *xxx*

yet *Tongue* but nice sign btw

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

It was my idea first  *Angry* And then Radooo copied me

I upgraded your idea *hihi*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 15:00:00 PM »

lol, he does has a thing for alliance names, doesn`t he?

smruti
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 15:29:09 PM »

yet *Tongue* but nice sign btw

signs are on order , we shall see in 1-2 days  *sos*
terry
Private

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 02:03:40 AM »

Thanks for the info
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 02:38:28 AM »

And I have to wait until my army returns all the way home before I can send it out to the next province of the SAME opponent.  Thus, an opponent with two provinces requires my entire army to travel FOUR TIMES the distance (there and back X2) for me to attack my opponent's two provinces with my entire force.  Huh?

That is stupid.  Has anyone heard of Sherman's March? 
This is a "mechanics of battle" information not covered in the maths.  Beware the long marches. They're linear equations.

Vote for MORE, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE character space in MESSAGES >> Personal Notes >> Limitation?! Poll
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 03:02:09 AM »

what are you talking about ? ... if you got, say military academy 4, you can send up to 4 simultaneous attack on the same player, same province or different provinces.
in you example, this mean that you can use any kind of combo with up to 4 attacks :

3 attacks on the same province + 1 on the second province (to score max mp points and burn all forts, thus obstructing any new research/building start)
2 attacks on each province, then 2 again when the first 2 have been resolved (so as to keep the pressure on your opponent)
4 attacks on 1 province, simultaneously or in escalation
2 attacks on each provinces + 2 attacks on a different target

whatever, the combinations are for you to make ....

ps : IO is a MEDIEVAL game, not a 19th century simulation. It's more appropriate to talk about razzia tactics (ie: Moor and Arab style) or Agincourt than Yorktown siege (alright, late 18th) or Sadowa or Shiloh ....

Deus populusque
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »

Common sense tells me that if me and my troops/posse/entourage/hangers on/disciples walk past a chocolate shop on the way to work, we can pick up a chocolate on the way to/from work/ultimate destination. And we can get the job done at work too.

We cannot carry more than our supply train can handle but we can beat hell out of the opposition along the way. No?  Huh?

Vote for MORE, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE character space in MESSAGES >> Personal Notes >> Limitation?! Poll
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »

Common sense tells me that if me and my troops/posse/entourage/hangers on/disciples walk past a chocolate shop on the way to work, we can pick up a chocolate on the way to/from work/ultimate destination. And we can get the job done at work too.

We cannot carry more than our supply train can handle but we can beat hell out of the opposition along the way. No?  Huh?

I don't know what your are talking about.
but first learn how to play using the rules, before wondering why you can't do as you dream on ....  *ok*

Deus populusque
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »

I don't know what your are talking about.

The rules in application work like this:

Go forward and arrive at one target/target destination.
Go directly home after arriving at destination.

You can do this multiple times by splitting troop force and by building-up Military Academy.  BUT IF YOUR ENTIRE ARMY TRAVELS AS A GROUP, YOU CAN ONLY:
Go forward and arrive at one target/target destination.
Go directly home after arriving at destination.

So if you have a target destination of "E" and you start at "A," by travelling with your entire force you will by-pass "B," "C," and "D" targets and arrive only at "E".

... first learn how to play using the rules, before wondering why you can't do as you dream on ....  *ok*
So the rules are counter-intuitive to real world logic.   scratch  hmmm.. who is using dream logic?  *hmm*  It's like I cannot stop for a coffee on my way to work.  I have to go get my coffee, return home and then go to work, returning directly home after work.

It's a constructive criticism of the game's fixed mathematical algorythim. Frankly, I am shocked *Shocked* that I cannot program a long journey with multiple stops along the route to/from the furthest destination.

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

It's a constructive criticism of the game's fixed mathematical algorythim. Frankly, I am shocked *Shocked* that I cannot program a long journey with multiple stops along the route to/from the furthest destination.

Like I was saying : read the rules first, before daydreaming of what you would like IO to be ...  *tired*

Deus populusque
Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »

Like I was saying : read the rules first, before daydreaming of what you would like IO to be ...  *tired*

Would you be so kind to explain the rationale to me WHY I cannot make stops along the road? 

[edit] my point, not to be too obtuse about pointing it out, is that the rules in this case are counter intuitive. Unlike anyone's experience of real life - even yours, Starbuck, I think.  *hihi*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:11:58 AM by Console_Cowboy » Logged

alhatal
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »

I can Explain. I have big army, we have war with your alliance. So i chose far far away target. My army is going there on my way is first oponent. I Pilage theur all provinces, destroy all fortress ang then my army is going to my destination. There it pilage all provinces and all fortress. I've spend 5 hours and i'va crusched 24 fortress and killed 24*200k peoplebecause i have big army.

People with big armies in a fewa days can completly crush big number of enemys. No one can survive. Your plans are ridiculous Eaven in you Medieval Total war you can not do such desctructin!

Dont wan't like it so don't play It. I WON'T be changed. For sure. Your complains are pointless.

Console_Cowboy
e-Condottiero For Hire
Captain

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »

Okay.  wall

I give up.  head_hurts_kr  +1 to me for capitulation.  *pardon*

BTW, I think there are problems with large armies already discussed here.  And since large armies have a tendancy to shrink with active use, your explanation does not really hold water.  And even large armies can only carry a finite amount of spoils - a carry capacity which shrinks along with the size of the shrinking army.

I thought this was a game that rewarded a strategy of warfare .....  hmmm

For the record, I find the game interesting, and I am still just learning it.  I do notice inconsistencies to real life expectations, which can be adjusted.  But I am not asking for these adjustments to happen by pointing out (informing other noobs like me) that there is a counter-intuitive interface between the IO game and reality.  Understanding this incongruency will priviledge many strategic thinkers, and enable even noobs to better challenge the tired *tired* experts who have otherwise seen it all, done it all and got the IO T-shirt.  *hihi*

But let's not argue POVs.....  *rose*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: