Imperia Online International
April 24, 2024, 17:44:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (V4a) Cost of light units  (Read 2831 times)
jams
Sergeant

« on: January 29, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »

Light units have 10% discount on their price which is evident when you compare them to the higher tier units.  The points added when building light units reflect this discount.

In battle reports however, the point loss is reported at their full (undiscounted) price.  Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the actual points subtracted when losing light units, so can someone who is about to lose some lights check if it's the number of points from the battle report or their real number of points?

If it's a bug, and the number of points subtracted are the ones from the battle report...I'm sure you understand how dire the consequences are!

P.S. if the discounted price in V4a is the intended point price for light units, wouldn't that make them the best tier?!?

jams
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 16:58:06 PM »

Is it me or it's just a tough question??

BTW - Exploiting is not in the list of bannable offenses, so can I go down a couple of thousands of points?  *pardon*
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 17:10:01 PM »

it was discovered last era in nomads and answered last year in Nomads Invasion, but those posts were deleted. And i forgot actual numbers it goeslike this: the problem is that networth for 1 spear  (15 wood + 6 iron *3) =67,5. but when calculating prize for spear that 22,5 worth is rounded on higher. i dont remember exact number. and multiplying you get higher value then 67,5. I remember that TearDrop answered with correct numbers. And answer is somewhere on bulgarian forum.
If i find time, i will try to get exact values. But last era in nomads, that was fixed. and battle reports gave good value.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 17:34:52 PM »

The difference is much higher than rounding difference (I'm only playing V4a).  So far I have checked for disbanding, and the correct points are reduced.  I'm trying to check for battles, but kinda don't feel like wasting 1.000 spears for a test.  I will report as soon as I do a battle to confirm.

Anyway - What I'm 100% positive on is that the points for light units are not correctly reported in the Battle Reports for V4a.  I have no experience for heavy units or for elites.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 17:37:20 PM by jams » Logged
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 17:54:49 PM »

Difference is higher then rounding.
When disbanding its all ok. but errors were in battle reports. and i thought it was fixed in all realms when it was fixed in nomads.  And i noticed that because war income was higher then it should be.
1k spears is rounded to 75 points. because they are taking 25(*3) instead of 22,5.  For archers the same. swords are double spears. 150 instead of 135.  I think that goes in your 10 % higher.  11,1% if you try to look as 25/22,5.
i think that heavies and elites works fine.  I hope i helped.

tiger
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 18:25:44 PM »

*hahaha* you just repeated what I said.  *pardon*

25 wood * 0,9 = 22,5 wood (10% discount)
or if you will 22,5/0,9 = 25 wood - normal price for spear without discount

It all comes from the 10% discount of light units.  Just look at Heavy unit stats...everything is 50% higher than Light.  But price is not 50% higher because light units have 10% discount.  Add the discount back to the light units and price is also 50% higher for heavy.

Example spear, 25 wood * 1,5 = 37,5 wood

It seems this discount was not accounted for in battle reports and war income (I will have the first war income on friday night so will check that one too...hope it's not fixed  *ok*).

The BIG QUESTION however is whether this discount is taken into account when reducing points for lost units in battles.  If it's not - time machine *xxx*

tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 18:37:44 PM »

i gave you numbers with which is networth calculated for light units. i thought you were interested in that. i checked last era battle and networth loss in battles was calculated with that 10 % bonus. and war income was given with 10% bonus.
you just get 10 % more networth with lights. and better war income. and you pay them as said in their prize. 22,5, not 25 gold. i guess heavies and elites work under different module, which works fine. thats all i can do. i will try to make some admins check topic.
As i said i thought that was fixed, like in nomads.
Modify. i hope i will get answer tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 18:44:31 PM by tiger » Logged

tiger
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 20:38:48 PM »

No worries I checked and got my answer, cost me 750 spears too.  Maybe I was unclear in my original posting, but I was trying not to make this completely obvious .  Never mind...so bonus on battle report and war income for light units you say - ok I can accept that.  Maybe I'm just a noob and don't get these things, so don't blame me for what happens *Grin*

Cheers

P.S. BTW the result of the test is that the number of points from battle reports is subtracted from networth.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:47:52 AM by jams » Logged
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 23:04:49 PM »

No worries I checked and got my answer, cost me 750 spears too.  Maybe I was unclear in my original posting, but I was trying not to make this completely obvious .  Never mind...so bonus on battle report and war income for light units you say - ok I can accept that.  Maybe I'm just a noob and don't get these things, so don't blame me for what happens *Grin*

Cheers

P.S. BTW the result of the test is that the number of points from battle reports is subtracted from networth.
So we have black hole 2 decrease our net?
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 19:49:00 PM »

Well I'm reluctant to answer.... but, yes. *Grin*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 20:19:32 PM by jams » Logged
AlexWolf
Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 22:48:57 PM »

Well I'm reluctant to answer.... but, yes. *Grin*
Beautiful news!!!
I fight alot every day (3-6 battles). So if I already lost 4-5K l.soldiers (it mostly swords) - i become ligther on 400-500 swords???!!! - It is near 75-100 net if i'm not mistaken. Awesome advantage in the 3 week old era.
Or how it have 2 calcs?
And 1 more question: is it work only in battle or when we dissmiss troops it affected 2?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 22:50:01 PM by AlexWolf » Logged
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 00:42:14 AM »

Only in battle.  And your math is about right, 10% of points lost in battle (only for light units) are a permanent reduction of points.  Funny thing is, by the comments it seems it has been that way for quite some time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: