Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 10:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: it was be a trick center?  (Read 4647 times)
___justus_
Lieutenant

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 02:23:15 AM »

allright i wondering this test will go on how many times ?  zzz

i seeing still than 0.1 cost many times and anyone player was not ban in 36 days *crazy*

i might be a victim for you? and other players like me.. 

if you were be right then maybe i can be a victim for you but i dont want be a victim for this works  *cool*

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:02:25 AM by ___justus_ » Logged

Slave for justice and vengeance
MotaRo
Forum Staff

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

I didn't say exactly its testing.Like testing ...
So,u are not right coz everyday Trade cheaters get banning by admins.

___justus_
Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 20:17:10 PM »

so ? really ?

http://www17.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/hall_of_shame.php?lang=en&ref=local&realm=63&sort=1

anyone player was not ban in 37 day...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:13:25 AM by ___justus_ » Logged

Slave for justice and vengeance
memo4mvp
Private

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 23:25:05 PM »

I think this is a serious issue, and it really takes away the fun of game for me. I think there are 2 solid options to correct this problem:

-Try to detect from IPs that a player has access to multiple accounts. Just like Ogame, the bigger account should be banned.

-The most effective strategy is, any account that dumps resources at less than a certain price level should be banned indefinitely automatically. I am glad that the moderators agree that selling resources at 0.1 gold is done by multi accounts and counts as bonafide cheating.

But banning 0.1 isn't enough, then people will sell for 0.2 or so on. The minimum acceptable sales price should be something as a percentage of the weighted average price in the market for the last, let's say, 1 hour. If iron is trading, on weighted average, 10 gold in the last 1 hour, anybody selling cheaper than half of that level is basically cheating.

Why? Because if you need gold, AND IMMEDIATELY need it, selling it at half the price is more than enough. In the past few days, average price of wood, iron and stone is just around 3, 10 and 4 gold, respectively. If these resources appear in the market at the price of 1.5, 5 and 2, they disappear immediately. They don't last 30 seconds. I mean there must be some purpose of cheating if you sell something less than half the average market value, because every player MUST, by letter of game rules, be aiming to get maximum gold from trade and sell your product quickly. Selling at half the price (possibly significantly higher than that level) achieves that goal.

Trading system must be altered in a smart way or cheaters, at least some of them, will have unfair edge.
Prieure
Private

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »

This thread is very informative.  I also have a pet peeve.  When I see someone selling resources at a low (but still fair) price I would like to put in an offer AT THAT PRICE. . . I just want to buy if it is still available at that price. . . to stock up in advance . . if I am to slow then fine . . I should not be forced to buy whatever is selling at the higher price just because my IP lags more than the next guy.

Hope this is clear.  I am still new so maybe I am not explaining it well.  Great ideas in this thread.  I agree it is cheating to dump items at .01
viking
Private

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 13:09:43 PM »

This is a great topic, I have to admit that I have bought stone for .01, when you say that I am helping the cheaters if I buy it for .01 I think that is wrong. I helping my self. If the cheaters have bought then the cheaters will gain what they have sold. Some time I would go on for hours to refresh and catch a very good deal. But I would agree with you setting a stander price, some of this prices are out ragges. Just the other day I saw 1 Iron selling for 92 gold now that is out rages also. I think we should take a poll and band on how much we should sell our items.
zorgus
Captain

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 18:42:21 PM »

Let's see:

1. I don't think that (just) buying resources at the dump prices is a felony. I would consider it if the seller/buyer are like in the same alliance...
2. I have never bought the resources at such (0.1) price, but would very much like to...  *ok* *ok* *ok*
3. I think SOME of the players just want to waste the resources so the enemy just doesn't get it and they would give them even for free if they could (maybe they can...?)
4. When I'm doing it I set the price 0.05 gold less then the lowest offer (when I will be considered a cheater - selling at 0.6, 2.5, 10.00 lower?)
5. LAST but not LEAST - I'm noobie again ( *crazy*) - I've just realised that in our realm we can also BUY - even under attack - so that's another good way against cheating - you don't need to sell, you can buy what you need and spend all together...

Resume: I think it's not cheating if there's not a connection within the alliance (friends, same accounts...)
Prieure
Private

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »

'Resume: I think it's not cheating if there's not a connection within the alliance (friends, same accounts...)'

Now I will explain why I believe it can be cheating.  One day I saw the price of Metal at approximately 15 and thought it would be a great time to sell a bunch of it.  So I listed it.  Then I saw that metal was not selling and I would probably get my metal back in 48 hours . . wouldn't it have been cheating if I offered a few extra metal at .01 so all the bargain hunters would click at the same time?  The way the current market is set up I would sell the few at .01 and all the 'unlucky' clickers would buy my metal at 15.
HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »

guys, pls first than all buying the dump is very nice for you, you screw the cheat, but you get an advantage that no one else had, so that's kinda unfair for everone else

2- if you sell your res coz you are getting attacked (and you have to do it almost right after the guy entered your sight) you'd sell it for the regular price or more(since you value more the res than the gold when you seld high you are makin sure no one else will buy it  *freak*)also you don't ever sell it in that situation cheap coz when you post the offer, the res is no longer aviable for anyone, till it is bought or the offer expires, did i made myself clear?

3- you need the gold badly? well actually you don't even have to sell it at 50 %, 1 or 2 gold less will do, everyone is waiting for the bargain, so when you post your offer, anyone would see how cheaper it is, and probably buy it.

4- http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=12340.0 in here are many useless suggestions already made, so pls leave the IPs be, that idea has been said already and it is no good, since there are ways to hide from the check, as well, there are pple that share IPs

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: