Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 17:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Era re-starts: new rules follow up  (Read 2963 times)
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« on: January 11, 2009, 16:15:15 PM »

Hi - really appreciated the responses to my earlier post on this.

To keep myself occupied until R25 re-starts have been pootling around in R63 this afternoon to get a feel for what the new era will look like.  Have a whole series of questions:

Guilds:  What are these (description in game notes is not clear) and is there some sort of time limit? Do they require the use of credits? Last two questions come from reading the posts in the earlier topic on 6 hour resource bonus

Imperial reserves: available only in province 8 or all provinces?

Trade:  seems to be biggest change of all (though looking forward to checking out new alliance system)
a)  Once I offer goods for sale the resources in the province adjust immediately: if I am successfully attacked will those goods be taken or are they safe?b)  Assume I cannot offer goods for sale if I'm under attack?
c)  Where can I see the full list of offers as opposed to the top 5?  Ask because there is a big divergence between the average price of all offers and the 5 offers visible.  Also would be useful to see the time the offer was posted both to decide when to buy (and sell!) and also to deduce economic trends.
d)  Can I buy only at the lowest price or can I specify the offer I want to accept?  Might sound dumb: why would I want to buy at higher price? But I can envisage situations in which I might want to: especially when under attack.
e)  Are the commissions deductible only on sales?  Are the buy prices already inclusive of the commissions? If so, might be useful in tracking opponents' economic strength, especially when coupled with spy reports.
f)   Can I re-call an offer? If so, how?

Statistics: where can I see the alliance rankings and the player rankings?

Maps: What is the mini-map?        
         Can't see flags anymore - how, then, can I deduce a player's nationality?  That's really important when planning attacks.  Know I could look at a player's profile but they could either choose not to complete this or to lie.

Thanks for your patience and look forward to the replies - will no doubt have other questions as I push through the "tutorial"  By the way would prefer just to start buildings etc without having to go thro the tutorial but guess I would then lose the bonuses?

cheers, Addis
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 16:17:49 PM by AddisMakem » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 16:52:10 PM »

once you archived a message, you just have to look at it in the "archive section" of your messages (there is button *wink*)

Guilds:  What are these (description in game notes is not clear) and is there some sort of time limit? Do they require the use of credits? Last two questions come from reading the posts in the earlier topic on 6 hour resource bonus

they are bonuses to your kingdom or armed forces. Each level gives a 1% bonus and there is a max level of 10 to research as technology.
a guild can be active up to 168hrs, before it needs to be reactivated. you can't stop a guild in its first 48hrs and there is an auto-reactivation option.
activating one guild is free, but each additional guild you want to activate simultaneously sill cost you 10 more credits

Imperial reserves: available only in province 8 or all provinces?

only in province 8

Trade:  seems to be biggest change of all (though looking forward to checking out new alliance system)
a)  Once I offer goods for sale the resources in the province adjust immediately: if I am successfully attacked will those goods be taken or are they safe?b)  Assume I cannot offer goods for sale if I'm under attack?
c)  Where can I see the full list of offers as opposed to the top 5?  Ask because there is a big divergence between the average price of all offers and the 5 offers visible.  Also would be useful to see the time the offer was posted both to decide when to buy (and sell!) and also to deduce economic trends.
d)  Can I buy only at the lowest price or can I specify the offer I want to accept?  Might sound dumb: why would I want to buy at higher price? But I can envisage situations in which I might want to: especially when under attack.
e)  Are the commissions deductible only on sales?  Are the buy prices already inclusive of the commissions? If so, might be useful in tracking opponents' economic strength, especially when coupled with spy reports.
f)   Can I re-call an offer? If so, how?

a) ressources put on the market can't be attacked and stay on offer for up to 48hrs before being sent back to the seller if not purchased.
commission fees are not returned, though *wink*
b) no b)
c) you can only see the top 5, premium member or not
d) you buy from the lowest price, and up until the quantity of ressources you specified has been bought entirely. This means you can buy ressources at a much higher price if other players pruchase at the same time as you.
e) the commission fees are a tax on the seller and apply only to ressources being sold. the ressources on the market are VAT free (tax on the consummer).
f) once validated, an offer (sale or purchase) is processed to the bitter end *wink*

Statistics: where can I see the alliance rankings and the player rankings?

go at the bottom of your screen and you'll have menus for rankings (players and alliances), as well as statistics

Maps: What is the mini-map?         
         Can't see flags anymore - how, then, can I deduce a player's nationality?  That's really important when planning attacks.  Know I could look at a player's profile but they could either choose not to complete this or to lie.

you can't see flags anymore and for the mini-map, well, I prefer to let you discover it ... *hahaha*

have fun,

Deus populusque
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 16:53:03 PM »

Forgot a couple of questions about attacks:

Cartography:  read somewhere that attacks speeded up if in a war.  The 40 minute preparation is reduced to 10, supposedly, but that never seemed to apply in the old R25.  Is that now in place?

Honour / morale:  also read somewhere that the punitive losses for attacking outside x2 were not in place during an alliance war.  Again wasn't in place in old R25 - is it now?
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 16:59:52 PM »

Thanks for an excellent and very prompt response, Starbuck.  Karma to you.

Had forgotten my questions on attacks which I just posted and would appreciate your thoughts on that too.

About trade (b) it is there but there was some fuck up on line spacing when I posted - though I'd corrected but missed that - my bad  head_hurts_kr  Question was can I post offers for sale when under attack?  If so, would be brilliant way of protecting resources but I assume that "loophole" has been or will be plugged.

Thanks again, Addis
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 17:00:59 PM »

Cartography:  read somewhere that attacks speeded up if in a war.  The 40 minute preparation is reduced to 10, supposedly, but that never seemed to apply in the old R25.  Is that now in place?

yep, it works

Honour / morale:  also read somewhere that the punitive losses for attacking outside x2 were not in place during an alliance war.  Again wasn't in place in old R25 - is it now?

when in Alliance wars, you don't lose Honor for attacking an ennemy outside your 2x ... but you still lose Morale.

can I post offers for sale when under attack?  If so, would be brilliant way of protecting resources but I assume that "loophole" has been or will be plugged.

yes, we can !!  wassup
and it's not a loophole, but a possible tactic left to players to sell their ressources at inflated prices when attacked in order to "save" them ... however, you still ahve to pay for the commission fees and there is no guarantee that someone won't buy it (usually by accident in case you sell your iron at 50+ gold *wink*)

have fun,
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 17:04:04 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 19:52:47 PM »

Hi - I have to admit to a minor irritation.

The "tutor" is really getting on my nerves.  At what stage will he disappear?  *sos*

Would like just to get on with things in my own way but buggered if I'm going to lose the bonuses.  hard

Can I not just do all I want and then call down the accumulated bonuses?

Otherwise you are not so much protecting newbies as forcing them into a straightjacket of un-reflecting "development".  And then, worse, unscrupulous bastards like myself will hover, waiting for them to hit 50 points, and pounce.  Because: we will know when to. This is a game about intelligent, thoughful, stategic development, right?  So, why does it appear that you are pushing new players into automative actions? I am absolutely sure that is not what you want.

I appreciate that you want to attract and encourage new players.  That is a totally laudable motive.  But I think you might like to re-consider how you are doing it.

All best - Addis
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 20:06:52 PM by AddisMakem » Logged
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 20:40:08 PM »

Tutor forces new players to do some smart stuff which i see most of players dont do. For example to put atleast 100 archers in fort and he is learning new players some basics of game. i must admit game isnt so complicated and every one could learn it easy without tutor, but more i am on forum, more i see thats not the truth and people find even simplest task dificult. Mostly because they dont wish to read manual. Which is biggest mistake they can do. I am not saying manual is perfect, but gives basic guidlines. So now tutor gives basic guidlines.
I understand that players who know how to play are not hapy with tutor, but you can just read task, not description. i think you could so what you wish and pick up most bonuses after that. but tutor is finished in 1-2 days without problem and after that it wont bug you anymore. And he asks of you wish that he helps you, so maybe it is possible to say no. i didnt try that so i dont know for sure.
Hold 2 days per era with him.  *hihi*

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 21:11:49 PM »

Thanks Tiger.  If the tutor only lasts for two days; I'm not so bothered.

On question of new players: this should be a difficult, challenging game.  If it's not, why bother?  This is not a home for the mentally challenged.  When I was a new player I loved finding things out - it was most of the fun.

As you said, there are a lot of pompous, unintelligent, humourless half-wits who post. 

Fuck 'em: who cares?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 22:30:37 PM by AddisMakem » Logged
rimini
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 13:41:20 PM »

So, we CAN'T see flags of players, YES or NO???
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 13:50:05 PM »

So, we CAN'T see flags of players, YES or NO???

you can't see country flags of players

Deus populusque
v.valentine
Private

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 14:03:35 PM »

when I looked around, I know all.... *Shocked* *Shocked* *freak*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: