Imperia Online International
May 02, 2024, 03:42:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For better or for worse  (Read 3141 times)
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« on: November 21, 2008, 15:56:07 PM »

Okay now here's the question so i want to build my boxed province as fast as i can well of course all of us starts at province 8 which is a plains now at the bottom of 8 is the province 13 which is a MOUNTAINS (that's gonna be my capital) on the left side of 13 is 12 (a plains) then on the right of 13 is 14 (a plains w/ forests) and at the bottom of 13 is 18 ( another plains w/ forests)..
Question is:
1) Is that a good idea to capture an mountains surrounded by plains and w/ forests?? (Too weak defenses for me)

But i have a plan B which is:
The province 19 is a mountains w/ forests which is suitable to be a capital on the top of 19 is 14(plains w/ forests) on the left of 19 is 18 (another plains w/ forests) on the right of 19 is 20 (a mountains w/ forests) and finally at the bottom of 19 is 24 (mountains w/ forests).. Question again is:
2) Which do you think is better to capture the mountains or the mountains w/ forests?? Mountains could be good but his satellite provinces have weak defenses.. So which do you think of two is the best??..

---------

I want some comments from you all guys..  *hihi* *sos*
I will be very much impressed if players w/ strategic minds will answer this..  *rose*

Advanced Thanks,
Blanche   *kissgirl*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 16:06:31 PM »

secondary provinces are not meant for defense, but for production and troop recruitment.
and here, you can box a mountain province with huge production capacity potential : colonize the plains first, then the mountain last. it's a no-brainer for me *wink*
mountains and mountains w/forest are both good defensive terrain (the best actually), but ultimately it's your army that'll defend your Kingdom  *ok*

Deus populusque
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 16:18:29 PM »

yeah but if you don't defend well and leave the secondary provinces like a dry land you cannot train troops and get production if it is always being attacked it is better if you think also what's gonna be the fate of your secondary provinces.. Also why colonize plains first rather than mountains?? Well i just think about that bureaucracy LOL.. I see people debate about that mountains and mountains w/ forests because of its benefits some says its good and some says its bad.. But mountains is okay right?   *xxx*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 16:31:28 PM »

until you got a very good army, you can leave your secondary provinces with a fort 3 and 50 archers (fort 4 if you want, but that's expensive in the beginning) .... anyway, raiders will come at you, no matter what ... but a lot less will come if you have an active army designed for defensive battles (offensive armies are usually 60% swords/40% cavalry).
look, in R2, I've been attacked only 7 times since the beginning of the era, 3 of which have been pop pillages that were not worth ambushing, and 3 were repulsed. All in all, only 1 succeeded for a meagre 11K gold of ressources ... that's nothing for a 1 month period, don't you think ?
and in v4 realm, you are even less likely to be attacked because of the no-offline rule and abundance of goldmines ....

I prefer plains as secondary provinces instead of mountains, because they can produce villagers much more faster, and that's essential in case of Alliance wars to sustain the war efforts while being repeatedly pop pillaged. Good luck trying to grow your pop n a mountain w/forest while being pop pillaged at 20% every 168hrs  *hahaha*
as for the differences between mountains and mountains w/forest, it's not so much that one is better than the others IMO, but rather that they provide different unit bonuses which you can use to shape a powerful defensive army. But overall, they are both great ...

Have fun,

Deus populusque
hammurabi
Private

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 16:49:28 PM »

i think plan A is better
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 17:39:25 PM »

until you got a very good army, you can leave your secondary provinces with a fort 3 and 50 archers (fort 4 if you want, but that's expensive in the beginning) .... anyway, raiders will come at you, no matter what ... but a lot less will come if you have an active army designed for defensive battles (offensive armies are usually 60% swords/40% cavalry).
look, in R2, I've been attacked only 7 times since the beginning of the era, 3 of which have been pop pillages that were not worth ambushing, and 3 were repulsed. All in all, only 1 succeeded for a meagre 11K gold of ressources ... that's nothing for a 1 month period, don't you think ?
and in v4 realm, you are even less likely to be attacked because of the no-offline rule and abundance of goldmines ....

I prefer plains as secondary provinces instead of mountains, because they can produce villagers much more faster, and that's essential in case of Alliance wars to sustain the war efforts while being repeatedly pop pillaged. Good luck trying to grow your pop n a mountain w/forest while being pop pillaged at 20% every 168hrs  *hahaha*
as for the differences between mountains and mountains w/forest, it's not so much that one is better than the others IMO, but rather that they provide different unit bonuses which you can use to shape a powerful defensive army. But overall, they are both great ...

Have fun,

thanks starbuck so are you up to my favor?..  *hihi*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 17:43:28 PM »

thanks starbuck so are you up to my favor?..  *hihi*

you haven't said yet what favor you want me to do ? how can I accept something I know nothing about ...  *hmm*  *stop*

Deus populusque
zorgus
Captain

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 04:38:33 AM »

2 rules:

* grow as fast as you can ( plains, what else)
* there's always a bigger army (which will defeat you )...

So: good economy, strong army...

And yet - there is BORG - 'The resistance is futile!'...  hard

kkx123
+Noob+
Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »

well... i dunnoe.... i only have province 8 as my capital and i colonize province 13 and use it as a farm to produce additional resources for my capital..... my province 13 can be attacked rather easily but i will use my soldiers that have been stationed at the capital to take revenge !!!!!!!!!! muahahaha *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha*
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 16:33:02 PM »

whatever..  *hihi*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: