Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 22:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Resource Base outside our empire  (Read 3274 times)
blackhood
Private

« on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:11 AM »

I notice since most of the changes was adopted in Global Wars why not add also the construction of new resource bases. In that case we can attack enemies that are so far away from our main base. I think many will agree with this suggestion specially the active players  *gamer*

With this new addition you can set up camps near your targets and the battle will be more fun since you don't have to wait for long hours just to see that your enemy just move out and the agony of returning again in your main province with no haul at all.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:23:21 AM by blackhood » Logged
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »

I notice since most of the changes was adopted in Global Wars why not add also the construction of new resource bases. In that case we can attack enemies that are so far away from our main base. I think many will agree with this suggestion specially the active players  *gamer*

With this new addition you can set up camps near your targets and the battle will be more fun since you don't have to wait for long hours just to see that your enemy just move out and the agony of returning again in your main province with no haul at all.

Hm, cameras in IO? IO 14century, 1350 years? And cameras?! Or i didn't understand u...

EDIT: SORRY! It's Galactic Imperia yeah? I didn't know what are u talking about, sorry!  *pardon*
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:10:29 PM by maeof » Logged

by Koramae.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »

Hm, cameras in IO? IO 14century, 1350 years? And cameras?! Or i didn't understand u...

EDIT: SORRY! It's Galactic Imperia yeah? I didn't know what are u talking about, sorry!  *pardon*

It's neither .... Blackhood doesn't make any mention of cameras (did you misread "camps" instead ?) and this is a suggestion for IO, from player's experience in Global Wars, not GIO *wink*

Deus populusque
maeof
Back in Business.
Translators

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »

It's neither .... Blackhood doesn't make any mention of cameras (did you misread "camps" instead ?) and this is a suggestion for IO, from player's experience in Global Wars, not GIO *wink*

Oh, okay... I didn't played that, so didn't know.. SORRY!  *rose*

by Koramae.
blackhood
Private

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 13:24:18 PM »

In reality even in the past and up to now in every battle many army are settling camps near the enemy line. But looking at the new maps feature in imperia it's the same with global wars and the only missing is the area to set a temporary base meaning you can set up fortress and can send army and resources in that base so that if you set up a new base near your enemy the travel time will be computed from the new base to the targeted player. and you can destroy it if you don't need it anymore so that you can set up again in another site. In GW you can set up to five resource base.  It's so hard to explain all the details but since this is a suggestion to the developer of this game they already know what i'm trying to say for they develop also the Global Wars.
stratmen
Private

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 13:36:32 PM »

Agree! It is frustrating being stacked within one place, when the playground is so big.
blackhood
Private

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 16:10:46 PM »

Agree! It is frustrating being stacked within one place, when the playground is so big.

It is really frustrating especially when you attack a player more than 5 hrs just to reach his base and some players doing the marching my army till i went online strategy during war time. I really like what they have done in GW wherein they have a main province and their are regions to colonize in that main province to have some bonuses in extracting resources etc. and you have the option to set up new sub bases anywhere in the global maps but of course it depends on how high your cartography like 100 distance for every 1 level etc . . . . . .
That Guy
... is one tough Hombre
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 20:48:19 PM »

I love the idea of being able to have a base of some sort outside of your main provinces.  My map location is horrible for attacking a lot of players.  I need a crystal ball to guess when players who are good about their army saves are going to be home when it takes 7-10 hours to get there.  A base could consist of one province or a full 25 and transporting resources between your base and main provinces could either be done at the speed of the spies or at a coefficient of 1 or something.  Defensively, it could put some distance between you and an aggressor who is too close for comfort. 
lambach
Private

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 13:55:44 PM »

Sounds good to me mate. It would be an interesting tactical add, concerning the offense ... but also the defense ! *xxx*
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 18:45:35 PM »

sounds good .I would like map can be controled ,and allies can make some tactical positioning .For example if u have 10 enemy players in war ,and 3 are grouped on one side of map ,we all come ,make camp around them and burn them to the ground  *freak* .Its very good idea imo.Everything that makes thinking more important then stupid goldmines.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 18:46:44 PM by fragmaster » Logged

Iktof
Private

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 16:53:07 PM »

Also i could be used to make cooperative sieges with your alliance.
A player settles a camp with an army, his friend sends his army to the camp and then attack the province together.
no?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: