Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 19:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Total Destruction  (Read 8922 times)
Silverdot
Private

« on: November 30, 2008, 06:20:22 AM »

What's the best way to just ruin someone's empire. Here's my thoughts I'd like to get some brainstorming going on.

I'm trying to just destroy this one player,  his empire is about 200K and he has about 50K elites in each category. and he has about 200K pop in each province.  Here's what I have so far.

1. Pillage each province
2. Fortress siege each province
3. Wait till he rebuilds then repeat.

Now I assume I can only do this until he capitulates from me. But what else can I do to just ruin his day?

Thanks!

.:: Do or do not. There is no try. ::.
smruti
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

once he capitulates u really cant do much unless , declare war against his alliance.. [:-}
btw there is alwayz a way , ask ur friends also to attack him , if u want  *hihi* *hihi*
lame0
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »

just say that the person is above your x5 range, so you can't attack him normally. but if in a war, you can even attack someone who is x10 points less then you right?
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »

I understand the whole capitulate thing. I just want to make sure there's not a more effective way to destroy his world.  rant Plus he keeps on sending attacks my way so he couldn't capitulate from me within 48 hrs anyways.

Цезар
Major

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »

Destroy his army first!
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 20:51:34 PM »

upgrade your military medicine, keep train army as much as you can then continuously destroy his army, when he did army save, burn all his provinces and pillage all his provinces   evil4
and if you want to totally destroy him, no need to wait till he rebuild his army.. just keep attacking..  *hihi*
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 20:58:00 PM by cLee » Logged
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 21:58:36 PM »

upgrade your military medicine, keep train army as much as you can then continuously destroy his army, when he did army save, burn all his provinces and pillage all his provinces   evil4
and if you want to totally destroy him, no need to wait till he rebuild his army.. just keep attacking..  *hihi*

Isn't burning his provinces and pillaging the same thing?  *sos*

On a side note, You guys are rough thanks for the strategy though.  I'll be sure not to fortress siege any of you any time soon.

*gamer*

Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 22:11:45 PM »

burning is for forts.
pillaging is for the population.

Basically, and it's especially true in v4 Realms against farmers, targetting the pop will destroy your economy by lowering your production capacity (in 168hrs, your pop will only slightly increase when necessary troop recruitments are factored in) and burning your forts, will not only take away ressources from you, but will freeze your economic and scienific developments, unless you pay a premium (rebuilding at least 1 fort)
As long as you got 1 fort, you can still do researches in that province, but you can't build anything else in the other provinces. If your development until now was unbalanced or not ready to wage all-out war against determined aggressors, then you are badly disadvantaged : what's the point of being able to produce lots of stones when you need to recruit troops ?

All in all, those continuous raids destroy your economy while your opponents only gets stronger, thus making the fight both depressing and more uneven ....

Deus populusque
Цезар
Major

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 23:00:57 PM »

burning is for forts.
pillaging is for the population.

Basically, and it's especially true in v4 Realms against farmers, targetting the pop will destroy your economy by lowering your production capacity (in 168hrs, your pop will only slightly increase when necessary troop recruitments are factored in) and burning your forts, will not only take away ressources from you, but will freeze your economic and scienific developments, unless you pay a premium (rebuilding at least 1 fort)
As long as you got 1 fort, you can still do researches in that province, but you can't build anything else in the other provinces. If your development until now was unbalanced or not ready to wage all-out war against determined aggressors, then you are badly disadvantaged : what's the point of being able to produce lots of stones when you need to recruit troops ?

All in all, those continuous raids destroy your economy while your opponents only gets stronger, thus making the fight both depressing and more uneven ....

... but interesting  *rose*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 23:03:49 PM »

I meant depressing and uneven ... for the victim, that is .... *evil*

Deus populusque
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 05:04:11 AM »

"burning is for forts."

How do you burn someone's fort? Under Command Center > attack > i only see "pillage", "fortress siege" and "field battle"?

And correct me if I'm wrong but you have to attack with 11% of that province's population for the pillage to be successful?

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 05:15:34 AM »

When you attack a fort (siege attack) and that you are successful, then the fort will be in flames in the player's kingdom map. that's what I mean by fort burning.
When you do a pop pillage (killing between 11% and 20% of the population in the targeted province), you'll see tombstones in that same map.
And when you burn all forts and pop pillage all provinces at the same time, you do the super combo : "lighting the xmas tree"  *hihi* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Playing IO in its true form (the warrior's way) is not for the faint-hearted, it's a sadistic self-indulgence .... but man, that feels so good sometimes !!  *Tongue*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 16:25:06 PM »

When you do a pop pillage (killing between 11% and 20% of the population in the targeted province), you'll see tombstones in that same map.

What's the best way to ensure that this happens? I guess you just have to pillage the province with alot of troops? Any special formula or percentage I should know to have an effective pillage?

Also can you pillage then have your troops return home and pillage again? Or does it matter since the effect last 168 hours anyways?

Basically what's stopping me from doing a fortress siege then continiously pillaging a province, like my tropps come back home and i send them right back out to the same province I just pillaged.

Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 16:36:22 PM »

Only one pop pillage at a time can affect one province ... this means that unlike siege attacks, you can't send multiple attacks on the same province. But it also means, that the first player to launch a pop pillage attack on a province, forbids ALL other players to launch such an attack on that same province until the mission has been completed (but they can attack the other provinces).
The number of killed villagers is equal to the amount of soldiers sent .... therefore if you send an army whose total troops represent 15% of the targeted population WHEN the battle occurs, then you'll kill 15% of that population (siege weapons are not included, though *wink*). If you send 30%, only 20% will be killed ...
Once a province has been pop pillaged, no matter by what percentage, NO ONE can pop pillage it again for the next 168hrs ... one exception : in v4, if you pop pillage a player whose Alliance you are officially at war with, the "protection" lasts only 84hrs.

Deus populusque
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 18:25:13 PM »

if the enemy is at least a medium player, is almost impossible to destroy. at vest, you can slow him.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: