Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 04:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 hours offline safe time.  (Read 2708 times)
Judith
Judiiii
Private

Lalalalalala

« on: November 10, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

Hello all of you!

One of the reasons I like Imperial Online is that the Admins care about the health of the players, in some Version's there's the 6 hours offline rule. But I think this rule could be improved.
The rule right now says you need to be offline 6 consecutive hours. In Version 1 you are able to see when someone was online the last time. There's the flag so it is very easy to see when a person is sleeping and you know in those 6 hours you can attack this person safely. For most people this means a big disadvantage cause their flag shows what timezone there are in, (just google it) but for example Asia, Russia and USA have several timezones so have fun figuring out what the right one is. Now I have 2 suggestions to improve this:

1. Don't show flag, and don't show the online hours.
(very simple to do but I do realise that this status is not in every version/realm and because of that I prefer the second option)

2. When you make a new account in a realm there's an option to chose 6 hours that you'll be offline. They need to be consecutive. In those 6 hours everything will be like you are in holiday; you cannot be attacked, you don't gain resources etc. If you want to change the hours you can change it by using credits and only once in a month. (that way you keep it more exclusive) So basically in those 6 hours you are safe.

Now there's always the question why make 6 hours safe? This game is about exitement bla bla bla..
Well true it is but a day have 24 hours and 6 hours is not much. Every person needs sleep and rest every now and then. I guess there are quite some people that agree  with me when I say that they worry or even know for sure they'll be attacked cause they are going to sleep. In all realms (except International) people have same timezone, same sleeping times so people there take the advantage to attack you in the night cause they know you're sleeping. You're in a war and you have to wake up in the middle of the night cause you know PersonA or PersonB will pay you a visit. The next morning you are tired and exhausted cause of that. It is not healthy!
Will the exitement go away? Noooo! Some people go sleep at 22, some at 00.00 and some at 02.00 so there are still differences. I think we could give it a shot, less people will wake up in the morning and be upset cause all their army or all resources that they saved for are gone. I think its more exitement to attack during daytime when people have chances to defend themselves and where the spies actually are usefull, it needs more skills in tactics!
Besides that you don't have to put your offline hours during the night, there are people who CANNOT play from their offices cause their bosses don't allow them, they could put those hours when they work for example.
Additionally we could only implent this in a few realms so that people can have the choice to live only for this game....  *hahaha*
Let me know what you think about and please don't start to be agressive but come up with arguments why you think its not good or why you think its good idea.. or maybe you have something to add!

Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 12:51:05 PM by Judith » Logged

Judith
Romanian Realm 2
Realm 4 (International)
higrm
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 13:10:22 PM »

Well, I won't be one of the ones choosing to play in your realm.  I prefer version 1 to version 4 specifically because of those things you want to do away with, namely flags, last activity time, and 6 hour offline rule.  I will sometimes take my 6 hours during the day so that I can be online at night and catch my evil neighbor sleeping.  As for worring about my stuff during my absence: I send my army on a long walk and either spend or hide my resources.  Yes, I could lose 6 hours of production if the evil neighbor attacks me 5 minutes before I come back online, but it is just a game and I will just have to rebuild. Eventually, the evil neighbor will be offline for a day and I will recover my losses.  Have you considered playing a pure economic simulation game?  I can recommend kapi regnum.  Your resources are always safe, and you can sleep as long as you want without fear.

Sleep well,
higrm
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 17:56:03 PM »

I like being able to attack in 6 hours offline!! To have a safe time would only give those who don't work or play from work an advantage!! As alot of people need sleep and also work!! Plus like you say you switch your hours on and offline!! So you are hard to catch!! And if army is safe resources can be replaced!! And I think the fact this game is realtime and you can be attacked at any point on or offline is what makes it so fun!!! *hihi*

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 19:42:53 PM »

even it didn't show the flag's icon like v4 for example, i still know the player's country and i can track their offline time/sleeping time..  *hihi* *hihi*

FengXian
Private

^V^

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 06:28:21 AM »

Even you can track people offline time by knowing their hidden country flags, Advance player can change their hidden flags.  *hahaha*  *hahaha*  *hahaha*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: