Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 18:58:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madie McCann  (Read 6511 times)
Rake
Private

« on: October 13, 2007, 22:35:45 PM »

Well, I am portuguese, this case shows up dailly on news, and theres a great fight between portuguese and british media!

what  want with this thread is to know what ppl arround the world think about this case!? your opinion, anything you want to say about it!

On the winners side!
licancina
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 00:06:23 AM »

i have no idea what you are talking about... sorry *pardon*

" Ako vam je težak stijeg čestitosti, utaknite ga u zemlju i naše kosti će ga nositi..." Vaši branitelji
Rake
Private

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 00:12:38 AM »

I see, it was a  british girl that was kiddnapped in Portugal, at least is what what her parents says.

Who doesnt knows a thing about this, I would apreciatte to say so. cause most of british news makes us think that the whole world knows this!

On the winners side!
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 00:14:40 AM »

I don't know anything about this too *bear*
But Portugal can take another revenge at football *Grin*

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 00:28:26 AM »

me neither  *bear*
Rake
Private

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 00:34:00 AM »

yes we can radoo... =D

its funny, noone seems to know anything about it!

On the winners side!
UberNoob
Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »

i heard about it.....but only because i go on www.timesonline.co.uk every now and then. but i don't have an opinion on the argument until i know the exact arguments of the 2 opposing sides. *bear*
Rake
Private

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »

i heard about it.....but only because i go on www.timesonline.co.uk every now and then. but i don't have an opinion on the argument until i know the exact arguments of the 2 opposing sides. *bear*
yes, the main strage thing on this case, and the one that took portuguese police to acuse them, was that it was found DNA of the little Maddie in a car that was rented by her parents 25 days after she deasapeareed. Also it was found a blood poolthat later british tests confirmed it was maddies blood.

We do.
Though i consider strange the fact that so many people care for this issue, dont get me wrong but what is so special in this particular - so many kids are murdered, kidnapped, lost but no-one cares  *sad*
I have heard about last news that the parents are forced into serious interrogation considering some proof of blood against them.
You are completly right, I dont understand it either! but you know how british are...  *freak* *freak* *freak*

when all this started, portuguese media said in UK are kiddnaped more then 100 children every year, for sexual abusements and they dont seem to care for those! Actually, they are spiting on the plate they have eaten! Our police is doing there best to find the child of 4YO that they say it deasapeared, when they left home alone with 2 other twin brothers even younger, by saying that they are uselles and made mny mistakes... the funny thing is that the portuguese police (Policia Judiciária) has a better rate then the UK police on this cases. And the samples recovered at the crime scene, were sent to UK (this was done, so later, her parents couldnt be able to say yhat we altered the results of the tests), took more than a whole moth to be analysed!  *xxx*
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:59:24 AM by Rake » Logged

On the winners side!
isolde
Addict for life
Forum Staff

Η ευτυχία ανήκει στους αυτάρκης

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »

I actually know about the case and that might be because I tend to watch CNN (mostly cause its the only english-speaking program in german TV  *xxx*) and I must say that the media attention this case received is ASTOUNDING  *Shocked* *Shocked* *Shocked*
Even months after the kidnapping there were all the airings of day 27 since Maddie is missing and day 54 and 89 and it was on the news constantly even if no new development in the case occured. I dont want to sound cruel, I cant even imagine how awful it is to lose a child like this, but I think this kidnapping was made from a personal tragedy even into a little bit of a political or nationalistic case - like Rake mentioned with the English and Portugiese having some accusations regarding each other's "efficiency". That, I think, is a shame *sad*
Rake
Private

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »

she wasnt kiddnaped! thats what there parents say!

On the winners side!
Lembitu
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »

she wasnt kiddnaped! thats what there parents say!
exactly... thats what the parents say..
Goodlord
Private

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 23:09:23 PM »

I looked this one up.  His Holiness the Pope met the parents to give support! I found the Portugese legal system strange - the police make NO COMMENTS at all about the case to the press. The police named the parents as official suspects and the next week let them return to their home in England? I think almost all the 'information' on the case is simply invented by the press. Maybe if there was some official comment we would know what was going on?  I don't think this would be allowed in America. Or even other european countries.
Rake
Private

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 02:18:06 AM »

loool, the portuguese legal system says no comments from any case can be given by the police and I quite agree with that. I too find quite strange a police that gives info to press... the parents were allowed to go back to england cause they were considerated suspected but they werent arrested. their sentence was to tell portuguese police their adress and identity and they were sent free. as their adress is in england they could go back. yes, something might have been made up by press... you know how brithish press is!

On the winners side!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: