Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 13:32:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's your Army at?  (Read 2753 times)
Silverdot
Private

« on: November 03, 2008, 05:22:56 AM »

To start off I guess I'm pretty much a farmer. I have a pretty good economy going. *gamer* 150+ networth. But I have no army.  Like zero soldiers, I'm kind of stupid to that part of the game. *sos* I'm in the process of building one, but don't know where to keep them?

1) Do you keep your army in one province or let them stay spread out. If in one province how do you defend the others when they get attacked?

2) I know your army should be strategically matched against your opponents, but what is the mix that you recommend?

I was thinking about getting a mountain with forest province and keeping my Army there, but does the -30% pop affect my army. It's getting really old having to spend all of my resources before i log off. I've never attacked anyone, but my economy is getting so big that people are starting to attack me.  rant

3) What's your strategy for building an army and how do you manage them?

Thanks!

.:: Do or do not. There is no try. ::.
That Guy
... is one tough Hombre
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »

Build a balanced army and adjust it later as needed.  Keep it in enemy provinces or any area goldmines taking their gold as often as possible.  It costs less to rebuild a fortress than to rebuild an army. 
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 14:23:48 PM »

and also keep all your army in one place. The point is that when you are offline, your army can't defend something, so it's better not to be home

I am the one and only!
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 23:02:53 PM »

woowww... Silverdot, you have reached 150+ NW and without army in it??  *xxx* *xxx*
i think you have a good strategy in farmer technique..  *pardon*, that's good to applied that strategy in NI..  *hihi* with huge eco you can easily training soldiers to defend your empire..  *pardon*
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »

thanks for the input, I think I do have a pretty good farmer strategy, but my military one is lacking. So just to summarize...

Keep your army all together as much as possible, and don't keep them at home? So attack a goldmine when I go offline basically. Isn't this also called an army save? same principle I guess. This strategy raises a couple questions for me.

1) is the cost of the army being abroad cheaper then the cost of them staying at home?

2)How do you centralize all of your army to a province when your population is pretty much already maxed out? Does the army count toward population?

3)if your army is always on the move, how do you add to it? I guess when they come up you just mobilize the soldiers in training?

Sorry I have a million questions, but I think a lot of other people are learning from this as well.

.:: Do or do not. There is no try. ::.
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:31:46 AM »

thanks for the input, I think I do have a pretty good farmer strategy, but my military one is lacking. So just to summarize...

Keep your army all together as much as possible, and don't keep them at home? So attack a goldmine when I go offline basically. Isn't this also called an army save? same principle I guess. This strategy raises a couple questions for me.

1) is the cost of the army being abroad cheaper then the cost of them staying at home?

2)How do you centralize all of your army to a province when your population is pretty much already maxed out? Does the army count toward population?

3)if your army is always on the move, how do you add to it? I guess when they come up you just mobilize the soldiers in training?

Sorry I have a million questions, but I think a lot of other people are learning from this as well.

1) x2 cost
2) army dont count as population
3) keep it on training and activate if your army is back home

cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »

1) x3 for version1 and x1.5 for the other version  *pardon*
2) as xMoDx said
3) just mobilize them and then regroup with your present army..

you can try to hiring army Silverdot, maybe you can discover more about Army..  *pardon*
trust me, it will be more interesting playing with military.. you don't know if you don't try it..  *rose*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: