Imperia Online International
April 16, 2024, 21:26:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premium membership / Christmas (other) gifts  (Read 3870 times)
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« on: October 18, 2008, 19:22:43 PM »

Had experience recently where some players have had to drop out of the game because either they couldn't afford premium membership or because of where they live they can't get credit cards - basic problem is that they can't go on vacation mode.

I'm a lucky man.  I live in one of the best countries in the world, Ethiopia, but am from Britain so even though it was a pain in the arse to renew my premium membership because of where I live I was eventually able to because of where I'm from.  So, I have two suggestions:

1.  IO enable people to give credits as a gift to other players

2. IO sets itself up as a credit card merchant so it can receive payments directly

This seems to me a win win position

Players can gift other, less well off, players credits directly and that improves the international feel to the game which is one of its best characteristics and good players aren't forced to drop out for economic reasons.

IO makes more money because more credits are bought.  If IO was really clever it ought to be able to generate tax credits by charitable donations to players from less developed countries - that anyway fits with the good governance rules that all companies should adhere to.

Be fascinated to hear other peoples's opinions
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 19:24:10 PM by AddisMakem » Logged
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 19:30:49 PM »

any player can buy credits for anyone *pardon*

I am the one and only!
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 19:36:37 PM »

How?
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 20:15:54 PM »

when you buy credits, you have to use a code. And if you buy credits using my code, you buy credits for me (at least by phone)

I am the one and only!
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 20:41:49 PM »

Different when you by buy credit card.

So, thanks for your input but not useful for most of us - karma for trying *Smiley*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 21:44:05 PM »

If you were thinking of giving away credits from your account to another account in the same realm or another realm, then it's not possible currently unless by asking directly the IO admins : they can credit/debit from a player's account as much as they want to ...
But, there is way for you to credit someone else's account by yourself : just ask him/her access to the account, get there, credit the account, then leave it. The player you just credited will then have to change the password to avoid further intrusions .. et voilà !!  hard

So, thanks for your input but not useful for most of us - karma for trying *Smiley*

Whao !! that's harsh ... hope Radooo won't be too affected by you - karma now ?  *cry*

Deus populusque
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 21:47:55 PM »

Whao !! that's harsh ... hope Radooo won't be too affected by you - karma now ?  *cry*

I guess he said he will give me karma, not necessary - karma. That - was just a break in his sentence *pardon*

I am the one and only!
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 23:27:29 PM »

Hey - just wanted to say thank you and did give Karma   *pardon*

Appreciated Radooos response

Really just want to see a way through this.  Seems to me my suggestion should benefit players and IO  *hmm*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »

I guess he said he will give me karma, not necessary - karma. That - was just a break in his sentence *pardon*

whatever ... I was just teasing *hihi*

Deus populusque
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 06:06:20 AM »

what would be cooler is if IO actually gave free credits for christmas(unlikely but would be awesome) *hihi* KRUM can be santa *hihi*

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: