Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 02:10:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: game realism  (Read 9680 times)
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 18:56:06 PM »

yeah... well....still i don't understand what bothers you about my nickname and i sincerly don't give a .....

but i think you're just plain stupid and didn't understand what the topic is all about.... i don't want those things i asked about to be changed.... i just want to make the peeople in IO management that we arn't idiots and they shouldn't feed us crap like "we-re removeing some featurese because we're trying to make the game more realistic"
 the game will never be realistic because is jsut a game....
and you'll never make something realistic by making it featureless
and please..... don't be a dumb redneck and judge or say anithing about someone elses name or nickname coz francly.... reni sounds g_y... i'd beat my parrents if they'd named me that

dude... you have difficulties getting irony...  *hahaha*

Looking that you still didn't understood why i mentioned your nickname, i'm explaining it to you in a fair way. Your nickname is your choice. You name yourself with that, and you does not need to have an explanation at all. The others call you with your nickname and they never ask you why you choose that or to give explanation about. What i did to you, is the same with what you did with game owners (creators). You asked for reasons that don't exist (or at least explanation don't exist) or for future improvements that can't be completed without creating mess somewhere else.
I understand pretty well what you want to say. And i'm saying that there is no logic behind that. A game can't be real life, because we'll not call it a game any more. Number of features has nothing to do with entertainment. If you have doubts, look at chess for example.

Look at your improvements:
why after a siege a fortress and the building within it are not destroyed?
Firstly why they should? Secondly, this will make army save not possible anymore.

and if it's not repaired and it's attacked again it doesn't suffer any more damage
Of course is better like it is. If the fortress effect will be removed after it is destroyed, then it will be possible prosecute someone to death.

why is it a rule that a horseman doesnt survive after a battle?
Why not? The rule is like this. If you want a stupid explanation i can give you one: The horseman can't walk without his horse and he want to come back, but he dies during the trip.  *pardon*

why after a pillage the villagers don't go back to work?
because they are lazy...  *hahaha*
Do you want for explanation? Ok, because they are afraid from the attacker. Only when you go there, and tell them to come back and work again, they believe you as a governor.

if i attack with and army of 10 000 guardians and 100 trebuchetes.....( you need 10000 men to handle 100 trebuchetes) the guardians handle the siege weapons or fight the defending army?... and if the fight the defending army who handles the siege weapons?.... and don;t give me that ..... that the siege weapons are handled by the 75 villagers used to uild it coz then you wouldn't have to bring 100 guardians for each trebuchete
This rule is good, because you should not have the possibility to send 1000 soldiers and 25k sieges minimizing your looses. The opposite is also bad, because will ask you to have a huge army just to take a mere fortress.

Explanation?
The soldiers are needed to help during the transport. To fight they don't need them, because those 75 peasants are already trained for that function. But those 75 peasants can't transport a trebuche alone...  *pardon*

why do i need wood to hire swordsmen and horsemen? (well... the horsemen need spears but i don't think the need that much wood)
How do you know how much wood is needed? Are you just looking in other games... and you think they are realistic? *hahaha*

why if i attack a boxed in province i lose only morale and not army to?... do the villagers in the province i just pass throu make fun of my army and so i lose morale? *Smiley*)
Was properly this question who gave me the idea to ask you about your nickname. The question is totally senseless. The game owners choose this way to give you the possibility to defend. You are asking, why is like this... what to say... Do you want me to ask you again you you choose your nickname again?  *freak*

why if i siege a defensles province..... there's only one man putting up a fight?... in 200 000 villagers....if you can call them villagers when they are 200k.... there's only one man?.... the rest are wemen?... and so do you really think that the men ...wich are all soldiers... would have sex with a woman that worked all her life in a stone quary?... or a iron mine? *Smiley*).... or the medicine is just a cover for human cloning *Smiley*)... or in-vitro insemination...
This is another senseless question. Game designers decided this and the right answer to your question is again like the previous one.
Anyway, if you want an explanation, let's say that population does not have weapons and they are not even inside fortress where only the army and treasury can stay...  *pardon*

P.S.
You should try not to offend when you don't understand something, because is not fair...  *freak*
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 18:58:27 PM by reni » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 18:58:15 PM »

*Grin*

cicson
Private

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 19:32:39 PM »

dude... you have difficulties getting irony...  *hahaha*

Looking that you still didn't understood why i mentioned your nickname, i'm explaining it to you in a fair way. Your nickname is your choice. You name yourself with that, and you does not need to have an explanation at all. The others call you with your nickname and they never ask you why you choose that or to give explanation about. What i did to you, is the same with what you did with game owners (creators). You asked for reasons that don't exist (or at least explanation don't exist) or for future improvements that can't be completed without creating mess somewhere else.
I understand pretty well what you want to say. And i'm saying that there is no logic behind that. A game can't be real life, because we'll not call it a game any more. Number of features has nothing to do with entertainment. If you have doubts, look at chess for example.

Look at your improvements:Firstly why they should? Secondly, this will make army save not possible anymore.
Of course is better like it is. If the fortress effect will be removed after it is destroyed, then it will be possible prosecute someone to death.
Why not? The rule is like this. If you want a stupid explanation i can give you one: The horseman can't walk without his horse and he want to come back, but he dies during the trip.  *pardon*
because they are lazy...  *hahaha*
Do you want for explanation? Ok, because they are afraid from the attacker. Only when you go there, and tell them to come back and work again, they believe you as a governor.
This rule is good, because you should not have the possibility to send 1000 soldiers and 25k sieges minimizing your looses. The opposite is also bad, because will ask you to have a huge army just to take a mere fortress.

Explanation?
The soldiers are needed to help during the transport. To fight they don't need them, because those 75 peasants are already trained for that function. But those 75 peasants can't transport a trebuche alone...  *pardon*
How do you know how much wood is needed? Are you just looking in other games... and you think they are realistic? *hahaha*
Was properly this question who gave me the idea to ask you about your nickname. The question is totally senseless. The game owners choose this way to give you the possibility to defend. You are asking, why is like this... what to say... Do you want me to ask you again you you choose your nickname again?  *freak*
This is another senseless question. Game designers decided this and the right answer to your question is again like the previous one.
Anyway, if you want an explanation, let's say that population does not have weapons and they are not even inside fortress where only the army and treasury can stay...  *pardon*

P.S.
You should try not to offend when you don't understand something, because is not fair...  *freak*

i think you tryed to offend me first.but anyway..... you still didin't understand what i was trying to say..... ireally didn't want answers those questions

i wanted to POINT OUT some of the games basic features that are not realistic at all and the admins changed things that shouldn't have changed

you say i don;t understand irony.... but you-re the first you didn't understand my cinism and sarcasm.... and about my nickname.... i didn't call myself cicson.... others did..... *Smiley*)... that's your big problem..... i just got used to the ideea of beeing called cicson and i use it on the net... can u comprehend that?*Smiley*
really... can you?*Smiley*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 19:45:16 PM »

lines like "you don`t understand irony" or "sarcasm" are so silly, cause usually, they don`t mean anything. that one with misunderstood cynicism was even funnier

bilko1
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 21:10:20 PM »

I'd only like to comment something I predicted in another topic, about market prices...they did drop even further than they were...only iron is keeping just above basic price... *gamer* (in r38 that is)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 21:11:12 PM by bilko1 » Logged
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 22:53:01 PM »

all the IO admins talk about making the game more realistic.

don't take this as an offense...i'm just pointing out that you have other things to resolve than soldiers carrying capacity and .. so don;t tell us you;r trying to make the game more realistic.....

I think this IO "realistic" doesn't mean realistic in real life cause this is a game, but realistic in logical instead. If you bother about this realistic and make a lot of questions about REAL realistic in this game, then how many programmers would be needed to make this game as realistic as real life cause human mind is so complex.

About Carrying Capacity, i think that would be make the game fair enough to play.
i.e
If you have about 10 million amount of gold in your province, then someone in your 5x range bigger than you was attacking you and rob all your gold, what's your opinion about this? fair? on unfair?
If the attacker just in your 2x range and has an equal point with you, it's a fair battle but still annoying cause you lost all your gold and some armies.
bilko1
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 23:05:44 PM »

If you have about 10 million amount of gold in your province, then someone in your 5x range bigger than you was attacking you and rob all your gold, what's your opinion about this? fair? on unfair?
If the attacker just in your 2x range and has an equal point with you, it's a fair battle but still annoying cause you lost all your gold and some armies.

Come on, are you serious?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 23:12:23 PM by bilko1 » Logged
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 23:34:15 PM »

i think you tryed to offend me first.but anyway..... you still didin't understand what i was trying to say..... ireally didn't want answers those questions

i wanted to POINT OUT some of the games basic features that are not realistic at all and the admins changed things that shouldn't have changed

you say i don;t understand irony.... but you-re the first you didn't understand my cinism and sarcasm.... and about my nickname.... i didn't call myself cicson.... others did..... *Smiley*)... that's your big problem..... i just got used to the ideea of beeing called cicson and i use it on the net... can u comprehend that?*Smiley*
really... can you?*Smiley*

Sorry to bother... i see i lost my time... regards!
maxim
Private

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 23:41:27 PM »

I think the carrying capacity rule is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game. Instead of gaining resources from battles it will force people to rely more on their internal ecomomy - basically turning everyone into farmers.

Aside from the reality issues (has anyone heard of a cart?), the capacity rule forces us to create units far in excess of those required to win a battle just to ensure that a worthwile amount of resources are taken.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »

lines like "you don`t understand irony" or "sarcasm" are so silly, cause usually, they don`t mean anything. that one with misunderstood cynicism was even funnier

No Mihai... they have full meaning. Asking on purpose a silly question simply to create a parallel with one (or many) previous silly question(s) is irony. Wooden horse was another good irony to respond to his questions. If somebody is unable to understand it then we must help him.  *pardon*

While was difficult to find where was sarcasm or brrrr... cynicism  *xxx* in his post. Ok, there were some jokes, and thats all, but the questions (or proposals) in itself were silly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:06:01 AM by reni » Logged
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 05:46:01 AM »

No Mihai... they have full meaning. Asking on purpose a silly question simply to create a parallel with one (or many) previous silly question(s) is irony. Wooden horse was another good irony to respond to his questions. If somebody is unable to understand it then we must help him.  *pardon*

While was difficult to find where was sarcasm or brrrr... cynicism  *xxx* in his post. Ok, there were some jokes, and thats all, but the questions (or proposals) in itself were silly.

nope, is like a childish dispute i.e, "i am smart".. "no, i am smarter"

Decimus
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 06:26:36 AM »

nope, is like a childish dispute i.e, "i am smart".. "no, i am smarter"
*freak* *hihi* *hihi* *hihi* *hihi* i am smarter. *freak* *freak*
smruti
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »

Morons hmmm .......... *suicide*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »