Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 08:19:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IO changes  (Read 17650 times)
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 21:45:31 PM »

Making it realistic? WOW!

Did you notice I'm not against the changes but the timming in which they occour?

Making this kind of change in a realm that's so close to ending doesn't make the least bit of sense! Yes, most of us will suck it up and keep playing and you probably know that even better than I do, but in the end, this change will bring nothing to Realm 25 or any other that's almost over!

Want to make it realistic? I have 200000 people in a province and all they can build is one building at a time? Damn! Must have very few carpenters and masons! Make so we can build whatever we want if we have the resources to do so! Bigger players will grow faster and the game will be unfair... but hey, fuck it... it's real! Because real life is unfair! If I wanted real, I'd grab a sword and go out the door swingin!

Being up for discussion doesn't change anything. I'm for change.... all of it, but do it with decent timmings or you'll end up being on the spot for looking oportunistic and greedy!

My 2 cents! Thanks

you are wrong, the timing is not early, but very late, should have been there for months. is part of original v4 setting, not a change at the end of an era.

Decimus
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 21:49:42 PM »

I was very against V4... cause was a discussed and important game change, IO decided that players will choose..so at that time, i was makin propaganda against v4...and since  large majority choosed v4(99,9% of them without even makeing a single click to find out what that supose to be) i stop playeng in there, even with a 3weeks IO pause.
why are u still playing if u dislike v4?after so much time since the anounced occured?
AddisMakem
Pointillism is pointless
Lieutenant

Nil carborundum batardi

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 21:58:48 PM »

Decimus - the word is spelled  s  y  c o p h a n t i c - it means one who panders to another - generally one they perceive to be more powerful than they are - in the hope of currying favour.  Just thought you should know.  *crazy*

The point here is that changes should be announced in reasonable time and THEN inplemented with reasonable warning. Leaving aside whether this was a reasonable change (debatable) there was not a reasonable notice of the implementation. I posted a week ago seeking clarification and no answer was given.

This is (supposed to be) a game where strategic nous is rewarded.  Instead it is being changed into a game where reaction to uncertainty is rewarded - not necessarily a bad thing but you should be clearer
Decimus
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 22:02:06 PM »

Decimus - the word is spelled  s  y  c o p h a n t i c - it means one who panders to another - generally one they perceive to be more powerful than they are - in the hope of currying favour.  Just thought you should know.  *crazy*

The point here is that changes should be announced in reasonable time and THEN inplemented with reasonable warning. Leaving aside whether this was a reasonable change (debatable) there was not a reasonable notice of the implementation. I posted a week ago seeking clarification and no answer was given.

This is (supposed to be) a game where strategic nous is rewarded.  Instead it is being changed into a game where reaction to uncertainty is rewarded - not necessarily a bad thing but you should be clearer
excuse me...what favours from whom?are u that kind of person that insult free of any reason?or believe that behind every opinion must be a trade or smth....a kinda judas paradigma?
grow up...stop insulting ppl...
edit:as i remember...i was discusing about v4 with romanians players in january . GET INFORMED.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 22:08:56 PM by Decimus » Logged
Oton
Community Manager

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 22:13:53 PM »

And, also, I would like to point out that the war income and the old alliance system were also abolished... by the same people who now want it back...
It was ugly and unfair.

We have our delays and drawbacks, of course.
We want everything to work flawlessly too.
But it takes time.
And that's why there are different versions and realms.
So people can chose.
Version 4, in its complete shape, is a dream come true.
Bunch of new stuff will be implemented also in it, which we still have not announced yet.
Pretty soon you will all see that... you won't need the 4 hours income anymore.

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 22:20:10 PM »

And, also, I would like to point out that the war income and the old alliance system were also abolished... by the same people who now want it back...
It was ugly and unfair.

We have our delays and drawbacks, of course.
We want everything to work flawlessly too.
But it takes time.
And that's why there are different versions and realms.
So people can chose.
Version 4, in its complete shape, is a dream come true.
Bunch of new stuff will be implemented also in it, which we still have not announced yet.
Pretty soon you will all see that... you won't need the 4 hours income anymore.

rant you made me curious now...just will it be implemented in this era of v4 realms or will we have to wait? *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Oton
Community Manager

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 22:26:47 PM »

I'll say my favourite line here:

We are still working on it.
IO is the best game in business and it will get better.

sanquixote
Private

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 22:28:24 PM »

The carrying capacity thing isn't a big deal - finding a goldmine in R6 with more than 200k is so rare it doesn't matter. And if you're after a big prize you usually have to send in a big army anyway... but:

Where carrying capacity could be unfair is in a situation where you send in a huge army to knock out another huge army and barely win. If there's 30m+ in that fortress and you lose a lot of troops to get to it you deserve it all -- but would your half-decimated army be able to carry it? I suppose it would be able to most of the time but this could be a problem.

The thing that bothers me is the change regarding the bonus resources and the 6 hour production. If that was up for discussion, I missed it. And there was no warning for the elimination of the bonus resources - at least not on the game screens.

If I want to get my 10-hour bonus every day I suddenly have to spend 5 times the REAL money to get it. Inflation's bad these days but it isn't 500%.

The biggest issue, I think, is the timing of the implementation of the changes, be they of rules, bonus production, how much it will cost you to play the game or whether you have to wear armor in the real world while online.

Implement the new rules at the beginning of an era. That would probably have eliminated a lot of "whining."

And speaking of non-implemented features, what of banking? Why doesn't it generate some interest on the gold piles to offset army upkeep? Or reduce interest on loans as its level is increased? (Again, forgive me if it was up for discussion and missed it. I searched for 'banking' the other day and no results suggested the research was worth a hoot.) Heck, why can't I give loans to other players and charge them principal and interest at a fixed pace? Now that would be interesting.

But would reduce demand for buying credits. And we wouldn't want that. (Cheaters would have a heyday with that last suggestion, too.)

Finally, this talk about making the game more "real" or "deeper" is sensible, at times. Just don't tell me next I'll need to have a horse in the back yard if I want to send a paladin on an attack.

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 22:32:08 PM »

I'll say my favourite line here:

We are still working on it.
IO is the best game in business and it will get better.
well i have to agree with that...i mean i play IO which is browser game over RPGs like archlord (and yes mihai im gonna lvl up   evil3 )  hmmm its really addictive you know  *tired* i even wake up 10 minutes earlier to send armysaves before school  *freak*..so thing is whatever you do you wont mess up the game  *freak* its basic point stays the same and thats joy playing with friends..chatting with them..alliance wars (and no i dont care about income,ill do them anyway  *freak* ) and best thing competition  against dozens of great guys  [:-} so as i look any change is positive *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Decimus
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 22:34:04 PM »

sanquixote , lets make a simple calcuulation about bonuses resources.
there are 2 guys, one with x NW, second with 2x NW.
one with 5k resources /hour , second with 10k resources /hour
first with univ 4 , second with univ 10.
please say to me , in case they did not spend 4h resources on armies, whats the real bonus they get, and how that  influence the range beetwen?
ofc, the discussion can go in the manner of 4+6 ... wich is even with bigger efect...
sanquixote
Private

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 22:58:59 PM »

Decimus, I don't follow... the issue is for those of us who are in the 21-50 rank, you're paying a bunch more to get your 10-hr bonus every day (6 hours for 2 credits, +4 bonus) ... and for everyone else 51 or below, you had the option of four hours production once a day for free, ten hours for 2 credits or 14 hours for 10 credits ... now you're required to pay a lot more if you want any extra production.

Whether the bonus matters depends on how you spend your loot.

I agree the premise of the game remains the same and I trust developers will make it better... let's just see what happens next...
Decimus
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 23:11:40 PM »

sorry.there is no issue.sorry again, ofc I am an undorcover Io agent that want to persuade users, as that guy sayed, but frankly, credits are an option, not a must, and Io team acted respectufully and normal in changing their prduct policy, cause id their product and their policy about, even if we like or dislike.
I think the subject should stop here...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 23:16:52 PM by Decimus » Logged
armand
Sergeant

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 00:01:38 AM »

sorry.there is no issue.sorry again, ofc I am an undorcover Io agent that want to persuade users, as that guy sayed, but frankly, credits are an option, not a must, and Io team acted respectufully and normal in changing their prduct policy, cause id their product and their policy about, even if we like or dislike.
I think the subject should stop here...

the thing is i didn't pay for this.
it's like you hire a house and then the owner decides to remove some stuff from your(his) house but the price is still the same. of course you don't have to stay but you already paid for that month.

cicson
Private

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 02:29:59 AM »

deleting the bonus resources is some of the clever change that IO teammade.but some of u are too stupid to understand that.
explain that..... how is it a good thing?....
rolfur
Sergeant

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 02:30:28 AM »

The carrying capacity rule that has just been implemented is a major change to the strategy involved in this game and SHOULD NOT have been implemented in the middle of an ERA. When I started playing R25 this rule was not even mentioned and now with 4 months left it's suddenly implemented which is just stupid. I've heard some people say in this topic that "Hey you can play in another realm with V3 rules" well yea i could I guess but that would only mean i've spent the last 8 months for nothing since the realm i'm playing in isen't finished yet.

Now about the strategic importance of the change. This new rule will mostly affect weak players or players who've just lost most of their armies since it will be much harder to recover cause of lack of troups to do decent gold runs. It will also affect the wars. If you have to use a big part of your army to gather gold there will be much less attacks and eventually much less wars. I know this change won't bother you Kosac, with a great economy and 1,3 million soldiers (or is it more?) u will have no problems with getting gold and resources, but then u were never a warrior were u. Aggresive players are those who will loose the most because of this change. They will be much more carefull not wanting to loose their armies some will not even think it will be worth attacking anymore.

So what's left of the game then? Well defensive players who focus on economy will be what's left. And how fun is that? Not very...

I might also add that I have enough soldiers to cope with this change of rules, but i'm thinking about players and the game in general not myself.

Someone also mentioned that there was a vote and people agreed on changing the rules in the middle of a realm. Well 99% of the people voting didn't know what they were voting for. At that time the planned game changes had only been presented in the forum and not as a part of the vote ingame as it should have been. Either you make decent presentation of the difference between the rules together with a vote or you don't have a vote at all.

Now about realism. Some have said that it's not realistic for 1000 spearmen to carry with them 20 million gold. Why the hell not? Every heard of supply trains. An army would never lay a fortress siege without bringing enough carts and wagons to supply their army with food and extra armor, also carpenters and smiths and spare horses follow the army in a campaign. It's just a matter of filling the half empty carts, extra horses and wagons with the gold and if that isen't enough  u can take carts and wagons from the fortress u've just destroyed or surrounding farmland. Only in pillage it isen't realistic for armies to bring back too much gold, but there is already a cap of 5000gold/1000 slain/captured citizens so there is no need to change that.

I'm really disappointed on IO's way of handling this implementation of V4 rules from the stupid voting and up and till now. Shame on you for ruining the fun for so many rant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: