Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 15:38:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the best province  (Read 5131 times)
aarzan
Private

« on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:52 AM »

which is the best province to box in MOUNTAINS or MOUNTAINS WITH FOREST *xxx*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:32:47 AM »

and the bug is? *Grin*

xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:28:04 AM »

Mountains                    Mountains with forests

Cavalry attack                                     -20% < 0%

Archers attack                            +20% > 0%

Defense                                                 +20% < +25%

Fortress                                        +20% = +20%

Population growth                            -20% > -30%

Wood production                            0% < +25%

Iron Production                            +20% = +20%

Stone production                            +20%  = +20%

both are good but for me Mountains are better since your garrisoned Archers will have +20% although you have +5% more on defense of you have Mountains with Forest, but its just 5% it would be best to + damage your archers so more casualties on the attacking force, but this would still be easy to destroy fortress with sufficient ammount of Trebuchet

EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 15:34:53 PM »

for me its mountains w/ forests... if you have no other choice then go for mountains but if someone pillage your mountains w/ forests your a dead meat.. but it has a large of privilege.. but the difference is the population growth..  [:-}
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 18:32:08 PM »

Mountains                    Mountains with forests

Cavalry attack                                     -20% < 0%

it's you opinion ... the malus to cavalry applies to both attacker AND defender. And as the attacker has usually more cavalry than the defender and can less afford a long battle (because of the siege next phase), I would say it's much more annoying to him than to the defenders ... add it the defense bonus for the troops (think spears) and I hope you get my point (britney ? *hahaha*)

Deus populusque
bilko1
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 19:45:53 PM »

If you are a farmer mountains are better...  *freak* But if you really play this game (beeing a warior) mountains with forest are better... *ok*
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 20:28:22 PM »

If you are a farmer mountains are better...  *freak* But if you really play this game (beeing a warior) mountains with forest are better... *ok*
boxing 2 province is good too.. one is mountains and the other one is w/ forests.. balanced 4 short..  *hihi*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 20:32:07 PM »

boxing 2 province is good too.. one is mountains and the other one is w/ forests.. balanced 4 short..  *hihi*

and where you keep the army? You split it? It's the same as having only one province boxed *freak*

I am the one and only!
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 20:33:48 PM »

and where you keep the army? You split it? It's the same as having only one province boxed *freak*
rant farmers  *sos* *sos*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 21:00:25 PM »

Boxing 2 provinces, besides your feelings if you enjoy it, has no function at all.

Personally i like more Mountains because it has less penalty for population and +20% for archers, which is important when you defend only with archers in fortress. I don't care about defenders bonus, because it has never helped me to defend myself. There is only a short interval (less then 3-4 weeks) when you need to defend your fort, and in that time you can do that, because other players don't have enough sieges (and properly for that moment +20% archers is important).
For the rest, if you believe your fort will protect you and you don't make army saves, then you are simply dead  *pardon*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 21:32:15 PM »

reni, the province isn't helpful only if you don't do army saves. If you do army saves, you can use only plains (farmers' way *freak*). But it may happen that someone is attacking you and your army is home or will come before him or you mobilize some army and can ambush him. In these cases the type of province is important. At least for me who likes ambushing so much *hihi* (had 15-16 defensive wins in 4 months realm with online status ). The difference between mountains and mountains with forest is small and is very rarely decisive *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 21:35:44 PM »

reni, the province isn't helpful only if you don't do army saves.

I guess you meant that hte province isn't helpful only if you do army saves

At least for me who likes ambushing so much *hihi* (had 15-16 defensive wins in 4 months realm with online status ). The difference between mountains and mountains with forest is small and is very rarely decisive *pardon*

yep agree too  *evil*

Deus populusque
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 21:39:37 PM »

I guess you meant that hte province isn't helpful only if you do army saves

I meant that the province isn't helpful if you do army saves, contrary it is helpful *hihi*

I am the one and only!
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 22:55:50 PM »

reni, the province isn't helpful only if you don't do army saves. If you do army saves, you can use only plains (farmers' way *freak*). But it may happen that someone is attacking you and your army is home or will come before him or you mobilize some army and can ambush him. In these cases the type of province is important. At least for me who likes ambushing so much *hihi* (had 15-16 defensive wins in 4 months realm with online status ). The difference between mountains and mountains with forest is small and is very rarely decisive *pardon*

No, i think you didn't understood me. I said properly that, but i also said that is a moment in the game when you need to defend your fort. This is when you pass 15k points and generally other players don't have enough sieges. This last no more than 3 weeks at all. After that, if you are a warrior you will do constant army saves, so province terrain is not so important.
smruti
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »

mountain with forest is better i think as u can have 20% on wood prod  *gamer* .. btw boxing two prov is a total waste but if i have resource than i would like to box my all the provs *hihi* *hihi* at least i will get + morale than the attacker  [:-} [:-}
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: