Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 01:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: babysitting .... again  (Read 2643 times)
alrak
Sergeant

« on: September 13, 2008, 20:49:48 PM »

Hi,

I just checked search option but couldnt find anything. 

I am looking for an statement from admins or in the rules where is explained what babysitting exactly is. Can someone (admin?) tell me what it is exactly, where it starts and what is not allowed. If possible with some examples ...

For example: is it allowed when someone asks me to send his army away in 1 hour because he has to go to work? Also during war ...
                  Is that already bannable? Just making new farms for someone else ...

I hope to get some serious answers and no stupid and useless comments

thanks
Oton
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 22:32:37 PM »

Babysitting can eventually lead to account deletion.
Be carefull what you are doing.

Feera
Private

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 22:41:06 PM »

Babysitting can eventually lead to account deletion.
Be carefull what you are doing.
Dear Oton, according to the official rules babysitting is prohibited. But how to differentiate between two situations when, first, a player have to play from different IP's, say, two different Internet Cafes, and, second, when he is really babysitted by other player? How does this mechanism of control by IO moderators work? Real life is a bit complicated. For instance, I have to play from 4-5 different IP's sometimes and from 2 different IP's every day (work and home).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 22:42:51 PM by Feera » Logged
Oton
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 23:02:09 PM »

Dear Oton, according to the official rules babysitting is prohibited. But how to differentiate between two situations when, first, a player have to play from different IP's, say, two different Internet Cafes, and, second, when he is really babysitted by other player? How does this mechanism of control by IO moderators work? Real life is a bit complicated. For instance, I have to play from 4-5 different IP's sometimes and from 2 different IP's every day (work and home).
Our system is sophisticated enough to differentiate crimes from fair play.
Besides - we are skilled enough to analyze what do players do when we see their actions in the program.
And if I tell you how the system works, you will find ways to bypass it.
So... be carefull what you do.
Soon or a later you get punished.

There is one fact that stands for what I'm talking about - no player has been punished without a reason so far.

cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 23:18:41 PM »

Oton, is the changing of flag indicated to babysitting too?
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 00:49:35 AM »

There is one fact that stands for what I'm talking about - no player has been punished without a reason so far.

i bet no one was punished ever for babysitting  *hahaha* *hahaha*

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
Decimus
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 01:04:20 AM »

i bet no one was punished ever for babysitting  *hahaha* *hahaha*
there is a guy near me in r4 wich travel pretty fast beetwen France and Germany. maybe is from alsacia, and can not deceide his nationality... *pardon*
alrak
Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 01:32:22 AM »

I mean what is babysitting? is there somewhere an exact explaination about it? I read many different things about, but nothing about it the rules so far.

Is a good idea I think when in the rules it is explained ... just an idea ... so far different people write here different things about it. I am a little bit confused about what is allowed and what not ....

I dont have to do that so I am member of a strong alliance ...   hard hard 
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »

I mean what is babysitting? is there somewhere an exact explaination about it? I read many different things about, but nothing about it the rules so far.

Is a good idea I think when in the rules it is explained ... just an idea ... so far different people write here different things about it. I am a little bit confused about what is allowed and what not ....

I dont have to do that so I am member of a strong alliance ...   hard hard 

Babysitting means to manage someone else account. Is that so complicated? And even logging on and off to someone else account, just to check something (for example to exploit one farm) is babysitting.

At this point nothing is allowed. You can't log on at your friends or allies account. Of course till you will not get caught... *freak*

P.S.
I remember some champions of babysitting who never got a ban, maybe because is not simple to verify a babysitting action. They were banned anyway, but for different reasons.  *hihi*
alrak
Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 02:46:18 AM »

thanks for the answer reni  !

Sorry, but I was not sure about it - because I read different statements about it. And when an admin could confirm that I would be very thanfull !  *bravo*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »

use search button or read FAQ *Grin*

http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=4555.0

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »

Babysitting means to manage someone else account. Is that so complicated? And even logging on and off to someone else account, just to check something (for example to exploit one farm) is babysitting.

What about entering your friend's account to see something? (he is online in that period so you don't help him *freak*) For example when I had negative points and someone wouldn't believe me *hihi*. Or when xamlo did that "miraculous" thing *freak*

I am the one and only!
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »

What about entering your friend's account to see something? (he is online in that period so you don't help him *freak*) For example when I had negative points and someone wouldn't believe me *hihi*. Or when xamlo did that "miraculous" thing *freak*

That's a babysitting spy...  *freak*
alrak
Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 17:04:41 PM »

thanks to all !!  *ok*    Now I am much smarter then before ....  so I lock this topic !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: