Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 06:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is this the way a moderator should behave?
yes - 1 (4.8%)
no - 18 (85.7%)
i don`t care - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad mod behaviour?  (Read 12056 times)
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 19:50:16 PM »

geez your on fire today arent you....
all those points are very good and relevant.
it seems one post about removal of bonuses would have prevented the 10 posts asking why.

yes, and this is one of the reasons i`m pushing on it. maybe, next time, the communication will improve.

Vaccinium
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 20:00:22 PM »

Removing voting bonus is no big deal, it doesn't affect the game itself. The lack of information is a big deal but far from something new.

If IO doesn't consider us customers, it is the choice of everyone to take their business elsewhere. IO has enough players, it will get bigger and bigger and bigger.... until the "flow" is gone  evil4

There are a lot of us whiner veterans on the forum, maybe we don't contribute to the game as much as we think. It is certain IO doesn't consider that we contribute much, an opinion they are entitled too, as much as the global mods are entitled to be as dictatorial as they please. Personally, I don't think their behaviour will help getting customers.

k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 20:03:38 PM »

Removing voting bonus is no big deal, it doesn't affect the game itself. The lack of information is a big deal but far from something new.

If IO doesn't consider us customers, it is the choice of everyone to take their business elsewhere. IO has enough players, it will get bigger and bigger and bigger.... until the "flow" is gone  evil4

There are a lot of us whiner veterans on the forum, maybe we don't contribute to the game as much as we think. It is certain IO doesn't consider that we contribute much, an opinion they are entitled too, as much as the global mods are entitled to be as dictatorial as they please. Personally, I don't think their behaviour will help getting customers.

i didn`t understood smth. how is it that we are not customers, when a lot of of us are paying to get credits? when one buys smth from a private company, is a customer.

if they dislike this word, we can call that, dunno, IO donater. as IO donater i have the right to protest, cause without people like me, who payed, Io would have been bankrupted. 

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 20:05:07 PM »

i didn`t understood smth. how is it that we are not customers, when a lot of of us are paying to get credits? when one buys smth from a private company, is a customer.

if they dislike this word, we can call that, dunno, IO donater. as IO donater i have the right to protest, cause without people like me, who payed, Io would have been bankrupted. 
let them have it..IO is digging itself a grave..and they dont really care because that company has 2 more games on whom they count *Smiley*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

"Veni, vidi, vici" I came, I saw, I conquered!

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 20:06:28 PM »

also without the so called non-customers (non credit buyers) we make the game intersting for those who do buy credits and we therefore keep them satisfied and playing longer.

seriously if you deleted every player who does not purchase credits then you would find that the number of people buying credits would drop dramatically.  because without competition there is no point in playing,
Vaccinium
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 20:08:33 PM »

Of course we are customers, per se. Of course we are. It's just they have a lot of costumers, so far...  *pardon* THEY DON'T NEED US!  *freak*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 20:10:18 PM »

let them have it..IO is digging itself a grave..and they dont really care because that company has 2 more games on whom they count *Smiley*

yes, but i like playing IO, i don`t want to see it in a grave.

Of course we are customers, per se. Of course we are. It's just they have a lot of costumers, so far...  *pardon* THEY DON'T NEED US!  *freak*

yes, but on a long term, since the market is saturated with online games, and more to come, they will lose in face of more user friendly attitudes.

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 20:16:54 PM »

yes, but i like playing IO, i don`t want to see it in a grave.
me too but thing is "Big guys" dont listen to us..they are stubborn and do only " profitable things"..though i think they have to change guy who's suggesting "profitable changes" because leaving only 10 hour bonus they will actually get less money then before   *xxx* *xxx*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Repr
Trusted Member

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 21:11:10 PM »

the resources for voting worked 2 ways. the team gave away the resources as means to get you guys to vote, in return the game got a higher ranking in some sites where they kept ranks for online games.

As you all know, IO has grown, a lot. Therefor its no longer needed to give away bonus resources, who can be bought by using credits, and is one of the incomes for the people who made this game. Though i understand that this is a big change, and Oton's reply was a bit short, you got to realise that he didnt close one or two topics regarding this subject, but dozens, and not only in english. Remember we are just human, and someone spread a rumour even the globals and admins are nothing more then mere humans, though at the moment there is no way to confirm it.

I wont close this topic, though i will keep an eye on it. A serieus discussion is always good. i would like to remind you that although the rules of the forum only say you cant flame players, this actually counts for the admins, mods and globals as well. So, please keep it civilized
Vaccinium
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 21:46:16 PM »

yes, but on a long term, since the market is saturated with online games, and more to come, they will lose in face of more user friendly attitudes.

Could be but it is their way of making biz.... at the same time in NI they are so different. *sos*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 21:50:30 PM »

Could be but it is their way of making biz.... at the same time in NI they are so different. *sos*

and in Global Wars they act different, bugs corrected asap etc.

Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 00:13:28 AM »

they hired a new mod in romanian forum, who also handles translation, but she doesn`t know romanian well, and the rom version of the games is becoming messed up

Probably they didn't find any romanian player...but that moderator uses a translator and the words aren't all translated correct head_hurts_kr

I am the one and only!
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 00:26:30 AM »

Probably they didn't find any romanian player...but that moderator uses a translator and the words aren't all translated correct head_hurts_kr

hmm, there are hundreds or even thousands of romanian players, for sure one could have been found. btw, i hope she doesn`t use a translator, though, u are right, words and sentences sound bad in romanian. and the previous translation was fine for me.

iferna1
Sergeant

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 07:48:56 AM »

ah but if this current trend of secrecy and attitude is displayed in all 3 games , how much will they be able to count on then ?
the 4 hour bonus was great , especially for me because i rarely use the 6 or 10 hour bonus's . but to be honest , i dont miss it all that much . would have been nice to know ahead of time though ....
Oton
Community Manager

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

I want to apologize to everyone for my offensive and aggressive tone.
I was tired, I was working on the IO Help and other stuff all day, I read people calling me a liar, so I retaliated.
But that fact does not excuse my unacceptable behavior in the IO Forum, being appointed at the important position to link players, socialize, help and answer questions.
I will work for bettering my social skills and I will correct my tone in the future.
My inappropriate behavior will not happen again.
I am sorry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: