Imperia Online International
April 27, 2024, 16:49:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is this the way a moderator should behave?
yes - 1 (4.8%)
no - 18 (85.7%)
i don`t care - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad mod behaviour?  (Read 12055 times)
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« on: September 02, 2008, 18:13:01 PM »

sorry oton, but you called for it.

after not anouncing and not explaining why the voting resources were removed, Oton closed all topics and gave this silly reply

The purpose of the Mods is to keep the Forum in track and preserve the piece. By any means necessary.

We are executing our bosses' will, it is their decision to remove the voting bonuses option.

I am not obliged to explain myself about my actions to neither of you.

You are not our customers.
The game is free by choice.
We do not have to explain ourselves to anybody.
The market will decide whether we were right or wrong.

End of discussion.

Oton, you are wrong, and i hope market will punish you not for the change, but for the dictatorial attitude that you have on forum. Mods should communicate, not censor, so, IMO, you are not doing ur job very well. you fail to understand that we are not ur subordinates, and when something is wrong, people will speak, not salute at order, and i`m not referring only to this issue here, but to you attitude in general.

btw, now u can ban me, i`ll have the moral victory over people like you.

Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

"Veni, vidi, vici" I came, I saw, I conquered!

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 18:23:09 PM »

ever think that you are both over reacting?

yes Oton took it too far and is not handling the pressure very well....

BUT... you need to learn to let go as well.

both of you seem to have a personal war going on that should probably just be forgotten about.  neither of you are going to back down.

Oton was not "legally" wrong in what he did.... only morally wrong.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 18:27:30 PM »

ever think that you are both over reacting?

yes Oton took it too far and is not handling the pressure very well....

BUT... you need to learn to let go as well.

both of you seem to have a personal war going on that should probably just be forgotten about.  neither of you are going to back down.

Oton was not "legally" wrong in what he did.... only morally wrong.

the moral attitude was my point. and nope, it isn`t personal, i`m discontent about this type of behaviour in general.   

Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 18:31:42 PM »

well this is one of those situations were Oton probably knows he handled things bad but doesnt want to admit it.

its way beyond that now... we have all been in situations that afterwards we thought we probably should have handled things differently.

its hard to admit you are wrong especially when you fought so hard to prove you were right.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 18:36:11 PM »

well this is one of those situations were Oton probably knows he handled things bad but doesnt want to admit it.

its way beyond that now... we have all been in situations that afterwards we thought we probably should have handled things differently.

its hard to admit you are wrong especially when you fought so hard to prove you were right.

or maybe is not, there is no way of telling it. maybe his bosses told him to act like that, anyway, it doesn`t matter. it isn`t a personal thing here, is about how IO handles communication with players. what i mean, is only the latest of miscommunications which happened here with bad effects on game (for example, making in game polls about v4, but not telling that it means no war income), but at least, the previous mod team tried to explain more.

Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 18:36:47 PM »

If IO admins want to change the game for better or worse, they are totally entitled to ... but that's not the point.
Like mentionned before and repeatedly, it's the lack of genuine forward information when any meaningful changes to the rules or the gameplay is made, that's highly irritating, when not downward condescending ...
Sure moderators are there to "regulate" the forum, and players will always be whiner, but the methods used lately, are not regulation, but close to censorship. And when added to the previous complaint, it's completely insulting.

As for whether the market proves them right or wrong, I would say that the game designers are cynically hoping that they can cream new players off their credits before they realize they have been ripped off. Veteran players at IO won't fall for that trick.

I don't know of any RL company that can use this business model for long without going down or changing back their ways for the better.

In any case, if the game owners want to sink IO, that's too bad for us players, but that's their moral (and legal) right ... if not, then they are not really market-wise ...

Deus populusque
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 18:40:23 PM »

If IO admins want to change the game for better or worse, they are totally entitled to ... but that's not the point.
Like mentionned before and repeatedly, it's the lack of genuine forward information when any meaningful changes to the rules or the gameplay is made, that's highly irritating, when not downward condescending ...
Sure moderators are there to "regulate" the forum, and players will always be whiner, but the methods used lately, are not regulation, but close to censorship. And when added to the previous complaint, it's completely insulting.

As for whether the market proves them right or wrong, I would say that the game designers are cynically hoping that they can cream new players off their credits before they realize they have been ripped off. Veteran players at IO won't fall for that trick.

I don't know of any RL company that can use this business model for long without going down or changing back their ways for the better.

In any case, if the game owners want to sink IO, that's too bad for us players, but that's their moral (and legal) right ... if not, then they are not really market-wise ...

i agree, is only the last drop in a big lake. another example, they hired a new mod in romanian forum, who also handles translation, but she doesn`t know romanian well, and the rom version of the games is becoming messed up

Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 18:45:53 PM »

maybe the IO team wants to hire the 4 of us as moderators?  *Tongue*

but yes i agree that since just before v4 was brought in communication has gone downhill... 

at this rate the greats of IO will be gone in no time.... which is a shame because its the true good players of IO that make it fun..

i dont wanna be stuck here with a bunch of noobs and cheaters.  especially the cheaters.
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 18:47:42 PM »

maybe the IO team wants to hire the 4 of us as moderators?  *Tongue*

but yes i agree that since just before v4 was brought in communication has gone downhill... 

at this rate the greats of IO will be gone in no time.... which is a shame because its the true good players of IO that make it fun..

i dont wanna be stuck here with a bunch of noobs and cheaters.  especially the cheaters.

don`t joke with that *Grin*

the greats of IO are gone for a long time. they don`t try to have loyal old customers, but as Starbuck said, reply on input from a mass of new players

Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 18:52:06 PM »

i think they need to realise that YES revenue will go up while they milk the new players but t wont last!

eventually the new players will realize that they are wasting money and all income will cease.  then IO will try to think of new ways to rip off ppl.

in the long run it is better to keep people coming back and paying.

i would rather have a smaller but STEADY income than one large swell followed by nothing....

once again its managements decision and i hope it works out for them but they arent getting my money thats for sure.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 19:26:07 PM »

I see many names missing in our discussion... list is long and i can't mention them all. This speaks in itself  *sos*
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 19:31:31 PM »

i allready wrote long post but deleted it.
Both sides have points. Mods should comunicate much better.
But after 10 topic about that i understand some part of otons behaviour. If he get ordered from bosses what to do and     he must do it, there is no kind way after allready removing voting bonuses without explaining.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 19:39:47 PM »

But after 10 topic about that i understand some part of otons behaviour. If he get ordered from bosses what to do and     he must do it, there is no kind way after allready removing voting bonuses without explaining.

a point i have made several times... oton was simply under pressure form higher up in this circumstance but its just unfortunate for him that he was part of the incident that broke the camels back.

it is a trend that all mods in general have been getting worse and worse in communicating about everything.
the 4hr bonus is just the most recent example and not what the complaint is about
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 19:45:56 PM »

i allready wrote long post but deleted it.
Both sides have points. Mods should comunicate much better.
But after 10 topic about that i understand some part of otons behaviour. If he get ordered from bosses what to do and     he must do it, there is no kind way after allready removing voting bonuses without explaining.

well, he was executing a policy, but i doubt he was a robot, and he deserve the blame, along with this bosses. either way, as an official mod, he he represents IO, and if IO does smth wrong, and gets blame for it, he must live with that or quit. But he did other mistakes on different occasions, acting bossy towards people he had no right to give orders. 

IO is to be faulted for being 10 topics about the res voting, because they didn`t either anounced it or explained it.

also, is more than this single issue, is a general trend in IO of secrecy when changes are concerned.

Arutha
Without Equal
Lieutenant

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 19:48:59 PM »

well, he was executing a policy, but i doubt he was a robot, and he deserve the blame, along with this bosses. either way, as an official mod, he he represents IO, and if IO does smth wrong, and gets blame for it, he must live with that or quit. But he did other mistakes on different occasions, acting bossy towards people he had no right to give orders. 

IO is to be faulted for being 10 topics about the res voting, because they didn`t either anounced it or explained it.

also, is more than this single issue, is a general trend in IO of secrecy when changes are concerned.

geez your on fire today arent you....
all those points are very good and relevant.
it seems one post about removal of bonuses would have prevented the 10 posts asking why.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: