Imperia Online International
April 18, 2024, 21:10:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong battle calculation make me lose 30% more  (Read 2025 times)
syafi
Sergeant

« on: August 24, 2008, 16:10:16 PM »

http://statika.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/_addons/dokladi/?path=bitki/10/2008_8_24/9084303_9082615_254972

based on this report it says i 50% army fled.

what i know is, only if we lose field battle 50 % fled,
but losing in fortress siege & garrison only 20% army fled..
why 50% of my army fled ? not good for me *Smiley*
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 16:42:30 PM »

Classic newbie case of the "Last invincible cavalry squadron" :

1) you attack without maximizing the flanking bonus for your cavalry, thus losing in attack strength potentia, lengthening the fight and losing more morale than you should in the field battle (you had only 60% of your cavalry in flanck, it should be at least 90%)
2) you attack in plains, thus giving 20% bonus to ALL cavalry ... and your sopponent has quite some : even with less overall cavalry, he manages to have almost as much as you in the flanks
3) you have relatively few phalanxes .... phalanxes are both the bane of enemy cavalry and the killing booster of your own : they are cheaper and quicker to recruit, yet are on par against cavalry when opposed to each others (3 spears against 1 cavalry, the spears win : 1 is dead, 1 is cured, 1 survived ... much cheaper than to lose the cavalier) ... and due to their numbers, they help put more of your cavalry in the flanks.

... which results in having your opponent's cavalry surviving in the flanks while decimating your footmen and innflicting more losses on your side than on his, thus making you lose more morale ... just look at the details of round by round details of the field battle : after the first destructive rounds, you just can't get to kill his cavalry for 11 f***k rounds !!  evil3 *xxx*

now re-simulate the same battle with 30k more phalanxes and 10k more guardians (for the anti-spears/anti-archers punch) ... and tell us what the battle simulator says on average *wink*

Deus populusque
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 16:53:13 PM »

if you lose the field battle or the battle against garrison, you lose 50% army...only at fortress siege you lose 20% *pardon*

I am the one and only!
syafi
Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 17:28:03 PM »

yea the calculator was correct, the only bad thing i did, was chatting on skype while army on the route, while the enemy has been waiting patiently for 5 hour refreshing screen every 3 minute (  *hahaha* ) he message me saying so .. and taking some new recruit out which i never see because chatting....  *hahaha* ......

ok so the calculation was correct, only siege fort lose 20% , field & garrison lose 50% .. ok

Yea i am newbie, just my 2nd era here  *rose*
syafi
Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 17:31:29 PM »

starbuck, thank you.

you thought me very good lesson, i now know how to make good my cavalry  *heart*

I ususally send army just enough to do the job while leaving most other in home, to save the armies
losing the least possible point and killing most .. but now i know having more phalanx will put more cavalry on flank. which is much better.
cLee
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 18:36:34 PM »

what about this battle ?
http://statika.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game/_addons/dokladi/?path=bitki/28/2008_6_17/28023437_28027753_42798

this is reply form knightfire in this forum :
http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=10506.15

mostly we lose battle due to low morale, but sometimes we win battle with low morale too..  *xxx* *xxx*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: