Imperia Online International
April 28, 2024, 06:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plains vs. Plains w/ Forest  (Read 8396 times)
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 22:37:43 PM »

*freak* what would i give to pillage just 1 of those juicy provinces  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Feera
Private

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 03:08:14 AM »

Olsiiiii... he is calling you farmer...  *hihi* *hihi* *freak*
Recently I have been seeing a wonderful evolution of Olsi from being a militarist to becoming a sound farmer.   *hihi* I think Olsi is a multifunctional and multiskilled player who usually displays his brilliant farming skills in the beginning of each era. Just look at Realm 4 and Realm 2 Olsi's performance  *bravo*
As far as this topic of plains/plains with forests is concerned, I can tell based on my IO experience and observations that provided you have a backbone structure composed by 4 plains (in Realms 1-4) and if wood price is moderately high it is better to make other 5 provinces in plains with forests and the 10th province - boxed mountains. After all, it is only in the last 2-3 weeks of 4 months' marathon that iron price tends to considerably exceed wood price. For the first 3.5 months I have always traded wood for iron.
 So as far as general plan and development strategy outlook is concerned, your 4 plains will sustain your army hiring, while your 5 plains with forests will guarantee a high level of granaries. Usually in 4 month-long realms my granary level has been 32-33. So I think if you have a population backbone consisting of 4 plains, other provinces should be plains with forests. Laesta with this province composition in Realm 4 nearly broke 1 million Networth Record in 4 months realms' history, but only unfortunate life circumstances prevented me from breaking this record.
I gave karma to That_Guy for this extremely important topic and for his calculations. They shed some light on the superiority of forests under some appropriate conditions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:39:19 AM by Feera » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: