Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 15:16:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United WORLD!!!  (Read 38811 times)
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 21:52:17 PM »

what? you dont like the links i provided? are you dissapointed i was rite about the arrest of Palestenian ministers Huh??
 to be honest reading this : " Palestine was never a state " , that wat sounded really grossly

*freak*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 02:54:19 AM »

This is a very rude thing to say. Like I explained, I am trying to have a discussion with you.
Now, I can answer to what you said, in a bulleted list, but there are several glaring problems with that:

- The long quote-and-answer format seems to bore our fellow forumites
- I feel that the discussion has led you to an aggressive stance that is not productive - if you misread everything I say as something else, there really isn't much use in saying more things, is there?
- If I give the full list of places where you have misrepresented me are attacked me for things you agree with, it will make you look bad, and I'm not after that.

(I still offer you to take a second look at what I actually said, for instance about citizenship in their own sovereign state, for which you attacked me - apparently for not using the right jargon?).

So instead, I'd like to offer you a chance to start over in a way that is more productive, and also less tedious for us and fellow forumites. I will ask you a simple question, which I think warrants a simple answer:

"Do you feel that your position is consistent and objective?"
If you answer that, we can move forward. Of course, I'd be happy to answer a similar question if you have one for me  *rose*

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:34 AM »

rite now? NO im not objective to be honest, because some of your posts offended my national beliefs.
Is saying " Palestine was never a state " propriate ?
i still say we can continue this conversation peacefully.
so you can reply to my last quotes,
 and sorry if i took it to you personaly, you can close your eyes on that and we can pursue the discussion  *rose*

*freak*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:44 AM »

rite now? NO im not objective to be honest, because some of your posts offended my national beliefs.
Is saying " Palestine was never a state " propriate ?
Well, I don't see how one would take offense to a statement of fact, except if it was false. But even then, you shouldn't take offense just at someone being wrong.
To my knowledge, Palestine has never been a state. Before Israel, there was the British Mandate. Before that, the Ottoman Empire ruled the region. Prove me wrong though... Show me a picture from before 1948 flying the Palestinian flag, or show me a record of the first Palestinian ruler before Israel, or something of that sort.
Now, I feel that you may be attaching some connotations to this, so I'll clarify. While some think that this somehow sours the Palestinian claims to their own nationality/statehood, I do not think so. I believe they have a right to self-definition, including forming their own nation state.
The sole reason I brought up their not having been a state before is not that it's relevant to the discussion; it really isn't. The reason was that you said you want to see "Palestenians given their country and state back", and I found it to be a misrepresentation of the facts - because you cannot be given "back" what you never had in the first place.

I don't see how a dispute over the facts can be seen as offensive. I did not take a stance in that case on whether something was right or wrong, whether things should be the way they are. I gave a simple statement of fact with no moral judgment whatsoever. So your outrage is misplaced, I think. If your account differs than mine, feel free to bring supporting references.

i still say we can continue this conversation peacefully.
so you can reply to my last quotes,
 and sorry if i took it to you personaly, you can close your eyes on that and we can pursue the discussion  *rose*
I still think that might be unproductive, so let me rephrase my question.
"Do you believe your position is consistent and without double standard?"

PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 04:19:25 AM »

its not the discussions that offended me, its just closing eyes on some events and taking the " little injustices " and " personnal tragedies for granted ".
you can see me one sided on some points, but in other u see  wat i said about supporting Hezbollah and their popularity....
ill do my best to stay objective if your posts show objectivity too, and regards for human life

*freak*
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 04:57:06 AM »

ill do my best to stay objective if your posts show objectivity too, and regards for human life
I very much resent the implication that anything I said showed anything but the utmost regard for human life. That is why I recommended you to re-read my post, because that accusation is very much out of touch with the position I stated.

Alright, let's see if we can wrestle a clear position out of this very tangled discussion we've had so far. I propose the following method. Consider it a challenge, if you will, and let me know what you think about it.

We start a new post (or two - see ahead). In it, we take turns asking each other questions. The questions should be simple and to the point; for instance, "do you believe that X?". No trick questions or loaded ones, just simple queries. The other person answers what they believe - the answer can be short or long, simple or complicated, depending on the circumstances, but it should answer the question fully. The first side gets twenty questions, not including requests for clarification if a question was not answered fully.
The main goal is to remain consistent. If the answering party answers all twenty questions, and did not contradict themselves, they are considered to have remained consistent (they "win"). If a clear contradiction can be pointed out, that is a "win" for the asking party (but more importantly, it means that they should rethink their position).
The secondary objective is to make your point. If you manage to get through the 20 answers without committing to a position your opponent finds objectionable on its face, and not accepting their starting position, you "win" - because they basically agree with you. On the other hand, if your opponent gets you to embrace a statement you originally objected to; or points out a position that is highly unreasonable you committed to just to avoid a contradiction, your opponent "wins". What is unreasonable is subjective, of course; we can have a moderator arbitrate that, or we can ask forumites if they're willing to subscribe to a particularly egregious statement to get an estimate.

I'm willing to ask questions, answer them, or both in parallel - your choice. Moreover, I think it would make for an interesting discussion (and probably not just for us).

...Or, we can continue to bicker about each other's quotes, if you prefer it. But I'd like to try my method *Smiley*
What do you say?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:03:23 AM by Polymeron » Logged

HerrSchultze
I have come for you all
Major

yes! McD is all about kidz and burguers *freak*

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »

OMG..who writes so much... *freak*
+k!!! *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* *hahaha* OMG!!! its like 2 old ladies discussing each other moral values *freak* *hahaha* *hahaha*

Faladhrym
Sergeant

"All warfare is based on deception."

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »

Show me a picture from before 1948 flying the Palestinian flag, or show me a record of the first Palestinian ruler before Israel, or something of that sort.
 While some think that this somehow sours the Palestinian claims to their own nationality/statehood, I do not think so. I believe they have a right to self-definition, including forming their own nation state.
The sole reason I brought up their not having been a state before is not that it's relevant to the discussion; it really isn't. The reason was that you said you want to see "Palestenians given their country and state back", and I found it to be a misrepresentation of the facts - because you cannot be given "back" what you never had in the first place.

well ofc... the sentence of give Palestinains back their country, is false in gest, but in way it only means give palestinians, their land their homes to be ruled by them not by somebody else... I read that before Israel was made, the area was a British Mandate, and it had jewish and arabic population, the UN adoted a resolution for that aread divided by religion/cultures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_UN_Partition_Plan

but I admit I didn't read everything (I'm at work *freak* ) but the jews accepted it and made Israel, the arabs rejected it, and attacked Israel, Israel did the right thing and fought back, defended themselves, but then  conquered Palestine... and never withdraw from it... People have the right to freedom, what they do with that freedom is their problem as long as they don't interfere with other's people freedom's... so if the Palestinians want their country "back" or wanna stabilish their own government/country, let them.. if they destroy themselves in faction wars or something.. as long as they don't envolve others in it.. it's their problem... Because wether they'll hold on their own after Israel, it's their problem they've to decide...

for eg.. Madeira... it's Autonomous region of Portugal, the president (or something) João Jardim, enjoys an excellent popularity among it's people... but he's constantly bickering with the government, sometimes it seems he wants Madeira to be a country/kindgom where he would be the king/president... but ever since last weeks storm.. he's now all nice with the government, because he knows that without the portuguese government, the help would be scarse.. but I'll be getting off-topic if I continue...

Look on what I found out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#1948_to_current_times
Read the first paragraph, apparently the arabs did make Palestine a state... it seemed like a puppet state, but a state I believe.

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
Sun Tzu
PACO_666
Major

Im so hamish

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 17:56:45 PM »

Lebannon was a French mandate too,, but its still Lebannon and we got our independance by resisting the French, in Palestine, UK retreated and let Israel do watever they want... If they stayed there and tried to establish peace or create 2 countries ( states inside ) it would have spared alot of lifes

and thanks for the invitation Poly but i wont play this game, as winning or loosing wont affect anything, all i cared to say that some facts are invisible to some people, as the arrest of the Plaestenian Ministers, which obviously u never heard about, and this is wat i was trying to tell the people here, dont believe everything they show u on TV, or dont even believe they show u everything...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 19:43:55 PM by PACO_666 » Logged

*freak*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »

i think polymeron will win  scratch

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
greg74
Private

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2010, 23:02:48 PM »

No one can have serious discussion with a hypocrite, it is a big waste of time.....all those injustices done must be endured and then forgotten like some kind of season illness or the circle of violence will never break. We, the people, are so prone to taking perspectives that suits our faith and/or (limited) understanding of things, that makes it so hard to come to the truth, not to mention final destination, peace....Greetings from Serbia  *rose*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2010, 22:08:48 PM »

No one can have serious discussion with a hypocrite, it is a big waste of time.....all those injustices done must be endured and then forgotten like some kind of season illness or the circle of violence will never break. We, the people, are so prone to taking perspectives that suits our faith and/or (limited) understanding of things, that makes it so hard to come to the truth, not to mention final destination, peace....Greetings from Serbia  *rose*
nicely said... +k
unfortunately most people are closeminded and stick to what they believe into.
pozdrav iz hrvatske  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
beicumine
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yrjz_inner-circle-bad-boys_music
Major

just me a simple player!!!

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2010, 16:10:44 PM »

hi...

me alcool poor man in history from france who read the poker cards only i can say US politic is biatch messing all over the world..they enter in deep shit at Israel side during the time because most bankers are juif* jews* and now Obama would like to get out with clean hands from this deals but he cant because its huge amount of cash behind all this creepy small land ...and fking Israel taking advance pushing US and assure full authority in those teritories ..Syria Lebanon +Egypt cant really mess up with some real actions because they have the carrot in the ass ....if Iran will develope more weapons in next 20 30 years they will stabilise this conflict once forever! If i would be France presisent tomorrow i would declare war to fucking israel and lets see what US is saying about it...i would get ally with Germany and fuck everybody who is against it with many sieges + pillages  *freak* i think i would get Russia at my side ..they like ideea to fuck some US ...Saudit Arabic they stay away because many bussines with US...also some Chinese would be good to win some teritories over the atlantic ocean *Smiley*) its actually good ideea China is running out of room in small Asia and US is quite large can welcome 500 mil chinese *wink*  *hahaha* *hahaha*
santjago
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 00:01:15 AM »

@beicumine
Excellent speech, my poker friend..  *rose*

12 families are the owners of the Federal Reserve of the United States.. Rothschild family & Rockefeller family on top.. They are responsible for U.S. foreign policy.. That policy is hard bitch.. Look Iraq today.. What happened in Iraq was not a war, it was an execution not only for the men, women and children.. It was an execution of real journalists by the CIA, MI6 and MOSSAD and that is not including the hostages that were also taken by MOSSAD and the CIA of Ken Bigley and the red cross worker Margaret Hassan, and we was all told they were taken and murdered by AL ZAKAWI who had been long dead by about 5 years, and these false flag events are still going on in Afghanistan and Pakhistan, and I would not be surprised if they hunt down and kill Al Zakawi and Osama Bin Laden for the time.. So now there are very few journalists if any in the war zones, and one day there has to be a reckoning and it will be the public that will catch the flack as always.. And OLGA L. asks the question "Why cant we live without wars?" the answer is "Yes we can but the bankers and the world club elite cant, because they earn a lot of money out it, because they fund all the wars of all sides, and they are your real enemy because they also create the wars, and it will keep on happening while you have tin soldiers with empty heads!" I do not blame the agents of secret services, they just do their job.. In Iraq they earned a salary, specially guys from CIA.. Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims are attacking each other, at the same time when the CIA is on the side and count the dead Muslims..

I hope that my comment will remain at least 24 hours.. Thanks to all who will read..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 00:43:13 AM by santjago » Logged
santjago
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 17:51:51 PM »

Guess who's not running for President? Well, it should have been obvious, Hillary Clinton.. Pffff.. Hillary Clinton.. Cry, baby cry..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: