Imperia Online International
April 25, 2024, 04:16:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ambushing  (Read 8136 times)
harrythedog
Private

« on: August 05, 2008, 22:59:49 PM »

how do i ambush other players?
Decimus
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 23:02:40 PM »

aaa.what? *hihi*
k_mihai
Major

Real Quitter

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 23:35:28 PM »

if you are attacked, hide the army, move it between provinces and make it to arrive in the last 6-8 seconds of the attack (that`s after you calculated that you`re gonna win).

Decimus
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 23:36:17 PM »

and ask god first for a lag report... *hihi* *hihi* *hihi* *hihi*
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:24:16 AM »

also you can mobilize troops if its a small attck

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:37:28 AM »

i usually divide my troops to different province, in this way they cant use battle calculator on your kingdom... moving my troops takes about 8mins 'on my empire' so i will move my other troops to the province that will be attacked 9mins before they arrive so it would be a surprise attack, make sure you kill his spy if there is any so that he cant check your field army, its safe to do that less than 10mins troop movement because you can already see his troops composition, if you see he have lots of elite army that will destroy your troops then u can fall back together with your resources, dont do anything as soon as your see the siege battle icon because you still have 1hr left. and he can recall his troops if he see you having huge army,

Decimus
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

ambushing do not exist in his ad-litteram sense in imperia.adversar can pe suprised as k_mihai said...altought armies "amprents" can be seen.from my own experience, do not base on moving at seconds, you will have nasty surprises, cause browsers do lag... *ok*
You know what lag is?
Decimus
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 02:46:46 AM »

i usually divide my troops to different province, in this way they cant use battle calculator on your kingdom... moving my troops takes about 8mins 'on my empire' so i will move my other troops to the province that will be attacked 9mins before they arrive so it would be a surprise attack, make sure you kill his spy if there is any so that he cant check your field army, its safe to do that less than 10mins troop movement because you can already see his troops composition, if you see he have lots of elite army that will destroy your troops then u can fall back together with your resources, dont do anything as soon as your see the siege battle icon because you still have 1hr left. and he can recall his troops if he see you having huge army,
10 minutes takes tomove from a province to another, not 8...killing spies give infos that u are online, usual a veteran atacker see marks of armies....cause he spy and use rumours to not get suprises.
the only true suprise is mobilising..at best with huge garrisons.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 09:25:57 AM »

if you play in a realm with online status, he can see you easily that you are online, but if he decided to keep his attack, then you can ambush him  *pardon*

I am the one and only!
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:37:25 AM »

10 minutes takes tomove from a province to another, not 8...killing spies give infos that u are online, usual a veteran atacker see marks of armies....cause he spy and use rumours to not get suprises.
the only true suprise is mobilising..at best with huge garrisons.

What if enemy have 11mins to arrive you ready your troops so if it hits around 20-30 seconds you can relocate your troops, and if it reaches 10mins you can see his attacking army and you can decide if you will recall your troops that you sent to that province or not.... and since you will be arriving seconds before he reaches your fortress you can wait untill minutes pass and if seconds is counting thats the time...  kill his Spy

PS: u can easy multi-task like this by utilizing tabs from firefox
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:38:42 AM by xMoDx » Logged

EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 19:06:40 PM »

then if he knows that his spy killed because of you he will retreat your army..  *ok* *pardon*
KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »

you go to their house and kill them with the knife while they are sleeping..not like i ever thought about it  *freak*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 04:00:27 AM »

then if he knows that his spy killed because of you he will retreat your army..  *ok* *pardon*

uhmmm what???  *crazy* i dont understand "he will retreat your army"  *xxx* *xxx*

EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 13:24:49 PM »

uhmmm what???  *crazy* i dont understand "he will retreat your army"  *xxx* *xxx*
"he will retreat his army..  *pardon* *ok*
xMoDx
Captain

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 15:02:11 PM »

"he will retreat his army..  *pardon* *ok*

absolutely thats correct, thats why i usually kill his spy under 10mins so he will have 10% of making a retreat, almost all of my enemies now are distance 10hrs and back 10hrs, he would just prefer to crash his army to a no resources and no troops Province and get around 64 military points for destroying a level 7 empty fortress, rather then retreating and reduce moral points, usually i would know he have weak armies because he also have weak upgrades, because of this post http://www4.imperiaonline.org/forums/int/index.php?topic=25.0 it clearly says
Particularities based on Espionage and Surveillance network levels during attack(FOR VERSION 4 REALMS ONLY):

-if attacker's Espionage and defender's Counter-espionage are equal levels,the defender will see the attacker's army composition 30 min before the attack arrives
-for every level difference 10min are added or subtracted to the base 30 min.For example - if the attacker has level 10 Espionage and the defender has level 9 Counter-espionage the defender will see the composition of the attacker's army 20 min before the attack

if it is around 10mins left and you still cant see the compositions of his army you better run away but you wait for timing so he will be mad for unsuccessful steal of your resources, but to do this you must have high Depots so you can hide your resources, only idiots leave his spy level low and start to siege empires,

PS: these wer just pure observation and based from my experience in Imperia Online, this may not apply to all *Smiley*

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: