Imperia Online International
April 29, 2024, 14:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why even do it?  (Read 4650 times)
Silverdot
Private

« on: July 31, 2008, 04:20:58 AM »

I don't understand what the point in centralization is? Why do you even have to go to another province? Why can't you just stay in one province and build your resources? If you do use centralization then you just have another province to defend and build up it just seems like more to manage. What am I missing here? *sos*

.:: Do or do not. There is no try. ::.
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:42:56 AM »

I don't understand what the point in centralization is? Why do you even have to go to another province? Why can't you just stay in one province and build your resources? If you do use centralization then you just have another province to defend and build up it just seems like more to manage. What am I missing here? *sos*

You are missing a lot.  *hihi*

One province means:
1. Less population, which means less production.
2. Less defense, because first province is always plains
3. Less defense, because your province is unboxed
4. Unable to move resources if you are under attack

i'm sure there are more then 10... but it's too late for me here. time to sleep  *tired*
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 05:04:04 AM »

doesn't the production made have to stay in that providence anyways? I mean because its only really there to support the main province. You can only move so much back and forth between or does it all pool as empire production?

If you use the resources that would have spent on a new province to build an army aren't you better off?

So can you only attack one province at a time? what's stopping multiple attacks on all my provinces thus negating moving anything?

Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

doesn't the production made have to stay in that providence anyways? I mean because its only really there to support the main province. You can only move so much back and forth between or does it all pool as empire production?

If you use the resources that would have spent on a new province to build an army aren't you better off?

So can you only attack one province at a time? what's stopping multiple attacks on all my provinces thus negating moving anything?

just start playing and you'll see *rose*
reni
Tricky Knight
Major

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 13:57:21 PM »

1. no
2. no
3. no
4. no

after you start playing, you will see that minimally you need 5 provinces and maximally 9 (in 4 months realm)  *rose*
bran360
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 19:48:58 PM »

it seems youre very hard to convince so youll just have to learn the hard way *hihi*

Building more farms is just giving your enemy more pillage points in wars. You fix this by..... STOP BUILDING THEM
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 20:04:45 PM »

I appreciate the input i just want to understand. Seems like it'll get it once i actually get more into the game.  *gamer*  Thanks!

Цезар
Major

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 20:52:35 PM »

I appreciate the input i just want to understand. Seems like it'll get it once i actually get more into the game.  *gamer*  Thanks!
build at least 12 provinces and i guarantee you that you will always have an army resources population etc..
EmPeRoR JuMoNg
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 19:11:34 PM »

because more province means more resources!.. more province means more points!.. more province means more population!.. more province means more soldiers!.. more province means more province to defend!.. haha that why it called imperia means "empire" you cannot have empire in one place.. that means you have to expand?..  *ok* *hahaha* *hahaha*
Silverdot
Private

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 01:14:42 AM »

So on that topic of expanding. Strategy wise, where do you think I should expand next? and long term wise?  right now i have 7 and 8.
7 8 9

I was planning on doing something like this. Province 8 is obviously plains. 9 and 13 are plains. 7 is hills with forest. 3 is plains with forest. 17 is plains with forest. 18 is mountains with forest. 19 and 23 are just mountains. There are no other mountains with forest on the map that can be boxed. My question is does province 13 count towards boxing province 8 and 18? Given the layout this is probably the best way to box a mountain with forest seeing as how all the other ones are on the edge of the map.

Thoughts?

KoSaC
Forum Staff

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 01:16:41 AM »

So on that topic of expanding. Strategy wise, where do you think I should expand next? and long term wise?  right now i have 7 and 8.
7 8 9

I was planning on doing something like this. Province 8 is obviously plains. 9 and 13 are plains. 7 is hills with forest. 3 is plains with forest. 17 is plains with forest. 18 is mountains with forest. 19 and 23 are just mountains. There are no other mountains with forest on the map that can be boxed. My question is does province 13 count towards boxing province 8 and 18? Given the layout this is probably the best way to box a mountain with forest seeing as how all the other ones are on the edge of the map.

Thoughts?
hmmm too perverted to tell  ya *Grin*

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer. *bear*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: