Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 01:45:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance Wars - Vacation, New Rules?  (Read 2419 times)
codegrrrl
Private

« on: October 05, 2007, 20:04:40 PM »

Really wish this change would have been announced somewhere, but it is too late to re-strategize now.  Only question, is, what *is* the new rule in R10 regarding the number of alliance members who can go into Vacation mode?  It appears to be different for those who have declared war, and those who the war was declared on?
Xaoc
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »

Actually this rule has been active for more than 8 months now... Here is the original news and explanation for it. (it is valid for all realms)

New rule concerning the use of the Vacation mode!

Since the speculation with the Vacation mode during alliance wars has been spreading very widely lately, we have decided to implement a new rule to solve this problem once and for all.

The new rule is as follows:

The alliance that has declared the war must have active members (not in a vacation mode) representing at least 50% of the total net worth points of the alliance. Same rule holds and when the alliance is declaring war – if there are not enough allies out of vacation mode, declaration of war cannot be made.

The alliance that is defending must have active members representing at least 25% of the total net worth points of the alliance.

The alliances that are already in mode when the rule comes to power will remain that way – the rule becomes active from now on.

Example:
If alliance A declares war on alliance B, and both of them have 10 members with 1000 points each, the total net worth alliance points are 10 000. Alliance A can have 5 of its members go on vacation, while alliance B can have 7. The only way another player can turn the vacation mode is by leaving the alliance, or switching with another player.
codegrrrl
Private

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 13:47:48 PM »

Thank you Xaoc.  Think I've only been back for 4 months or so, so I missed a lot of changes (and apparently my fellow alliance members did too *g*).  May I suggest an amendment to this rule?  Same as it is, except that players in Alliance A who are not in the 3x point range of any players in Alliance B are completely ignored when calculating the 50%/25% net worth requirement, and can also freely go on vacation.

I suggest this because I now understand why an alliance in R10 has all fighters under 250k points, but one power-farmer at over 900k.  Their farmer currently accounts for around 47% of their alliance points and I'm sure could boost to 50% if needed.  So they could declare war on a smaller alliance (like the one I'm in), and still have all members go into vacation after getting a few attacks in.  Except for their farmer, who is not in any of our alliance members 3x point range.

On the other side of the coin, me, being the highest point player in our alliance at roughly 27% of our points, can't go into vacation because we declared a war.  I'm not in any of our opponents 3x range, but I can't go into vacation because a couple of our members are already on vacation.  Granted, if this rule were implemented, we wouldn't have been able to declare war because we didn't have the 50% net worth requirement.

Here are these two scenarios with the real (current) points of alliance members from Realm 10:

SCENARIO 1
Alliance A

Alliance B

SCENARIO 2
Alliance A

Alliance B

When determining if an alliance member can go into vacation while at war, if Alliance A/B can declare war, or be declared upon by the other, the players in bold are ignored.  These players do not have a "target" in the enemy alliance (a player in their 3x points), so they can freely go on vacation.  Their points are also not included in the "total net worth" of the alliance that is used for calculating the 50%/25% requirement.

I know it makes the system more complex, but I think it'll further help assure that alliances do not abuse the Vacation feature, and higher point players will not be punished by not being allowed to go into vacation, when they are in an alliance with lower point players.

Thanks for listenin *Smiley*
Xaoc
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 15:31:34 PM »

Actually since you have already started a topic discussing the alliance wars, we might as well continue...

We have been considering a complete change of the Alliance war system, along with the alliance organization, but we probably will experiment with it in GI, before deciding to implement it here...

However there are some things we can go ahead and change in IO that will remove change the gameplay considerably for the better in the later stages of the game. (exactly this problem with the too large networth players...)

For example: After 100 000 networth points to have no range of engagement... that is any player above 100 000 is fair game to any other player above 100 000... technically speaking after 100 000 points, players are about evenly developed and have the experience to protect themselves, so this would make the game more interesting for the very developed players which run out of enemies to fight once they reach certain points..

A rule like this would completely solve the problem with the extra large/small players in late stage of the game, that no one can attack.. (could be even 70 000 points, since there are some Marshals at 80 000...)

codegrrrl
Private

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 15:42:44 PM »

oooh sounds interesting.. would sure make balancing between having a good economy vs having a large army much less of an issue.  Hope to see it in R10 for a test run! *Smiley*
tinman
Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:19 AM »

*Shocked*
For example: After 100 000 networth points to have no range of engagement... that is any player above 100 000 is fair game to any other player above 100 000... technically speaking after 100 000 points, players are about evenly developed and have the experience to protect themselves, so this would make the game more interesting for the very developed players which run out of enemies to fight once they reach certain points..

A rule like this would completely solve the problem with the extra large/small players in late stage of the game, that no one can attack.. (could be even 70 000 points, since there are some Marshals at 80 000...)

So someone who has 100,000 paladins can attack a player who has 10,000 paladins  how is this equal balanced or fair??? This tinkering with the rules needs to stop!!! leave this game as it was. How about a realm with the original rules un-messed with. If the uber:players are crying of no one to attack maybe they will do something different next era to not be 500,000 points and only 20 players to play with.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: