Imperia Online International
May 08, 2024, 19:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rumors  (Read 3806 times)
sheridon
Captain

« on: October 19, 2010, 22:16:31 PM »

why isnt there any rumors? is it absolutely necesary to infiltrate a spy? with rumors we can just average and launch an attack if a guy is a young millionaire  *Angry*
yovanna
Community Manager

Não vale a pena ser relógio!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »

No rumors, things are getting harder and harder. Rumors are a too easy and not completely realistic way of a total control over everybody. It allows the cowards to sneak around, and people always should have the right to know their enemies so that they could prepare the defense.   
shurman
Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:44 AM »

Agree, Rumor is unfair
ninke
Forum Staff

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

what about inactiv players ? Will they become goldmines ?
yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 13:27:25 PM »

what about inactiv players ? Will they become goldmines ?

Yes.
sheridon
Captain

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 15:21:38 PM »

and when they become goldmines, how do we know if its worth wasting army upkkep to attack them? we spy them? obviously they will be out of our range and spy report wont be available. besides if i know i can smash someone, why do i neeed to spy him if i can just attack him if i get rumors that he`s full. thats not cowardice.anyways in the real life you do hear on the street if a guy has cash or not..........
yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 15:43:55 PM »

It will be made at a later stage
crass
Captain

Power corrupts,Absolute power corrupts ABSOLUTELY

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 02:47:15 AM »

what if rumors where more realistic  say they could depend on a number of variables  such as distance  the number of towns they pass through before they reach u  each town adds an ellement of change as they do in RL  also  how good ure spys are and also  how resently they have passed through the area  like making new  contacts , also could add in loyalty or happiness bonus the more loyal the more people keep thier mouth shut lol or the more they blab, and the quality of the inteligence  u gather be dependent on those factors  and say ure spys get better the more espianage and also  add loyalty in there also so the longer a spy is around the better he gets
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:53:53 AM by crass » Logged

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »

what if rumors where more realistic  say they could depend on a number of variables  such as distance  the number of towns they pass through before they reach u  each town adds an ellement of change as they do in RL  also  how good ure spys are and also  how resently they have passed through the area  like making new  contacts , also could add in loyalty or happiness bonus the more loyal the more people keep thier mouth shut lol or the more they blab, and the quality of the inteligence  u gather be dependent on those factors  and say ure spys get better the more espianage and also  add loyalty in there also so the longer a spy is around the better he gets

Rumors definitely won't take part of this game.
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:10:20 AM »

Rumors definitely won't take part of this game.

i must warn developers that they are about to ruin only barrier between IO and travian-like games ."WEAKER HAS HIS CHANCE" in io . ur opening path for easier than ever monopol. Being in nw top already has many many advantages,like no need for army save, collecting most expensive researches,banking ,choosing moments to use market on optimal prices,coining in offline while major elite part sits home etc.. being weaker in war was giving decenet chance if u are smarter than farmer.U could outsmart him,force into split plant him etc.What we have now?gold is centralized,u cant see if someone is relocating troops ,assembling army etc..u cant track upkeep drop in main of player in army save and attack side province .U are opening monopoly farming path ,where someone with +1 team outpost advantage (which is easy ,just mass 40 newbies,never fight war and make them pay a lot ,if they die u dont care anyway) means ur almost there ! u can farm and pay 6h production until end of era.u dont need carthograpy,mili meds anything else.so focusing outpost and skipping strong army makes easy job for beating someones spy who has to make army and a lot of other stuff too just to support that army.rumors was way of figuring out someones playstyle,if u cant track him,he doesnt need any war knowledge . i will accept opinions only of players who have over 30 wars won .and at least 20 medals in their carrier.

Offering safety to player is way to force them to like this game?is that why IH is more populated,coz players can be offline whenever they want?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:24:30 AM by fragmaster » Logged

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

1. You can't compare IH with IO, you can't compare a strategy game with a RPG. RPG is always safe.

2. If someone is such a warrior, I dare him to upgrade espionage, recruit 20 spies and follow each and every of my steps. Then, yes, in that case is pretty fair, because his level of intelligence (I mean espionage resource, not brain abilities) is adequate to his military level. As I said rumors are an ideal tool for cowards to sneak around without any consequences and without any investment except army.

3. What's with the centralized gold? I didn't get the negative side of it.

4. Programmers are the people who make things happen (technically), they're not responsible for the decisions and the game mechanics, they just complete tasks. 
tiger
Community Manager

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:01 AM »

Well, i personally dont think this is farming orientated game.
First i must say that this is new version of game so we cant compare it with V4. It has manny similarities, but also manny differences.
First, fortresses go down very easy. So you are not safe behind walls without an army, only some archers inside like you were in V4.
Second, if you wish to annex or vassal - you need army, so everybody will have some army. To rob neutral provinces, you need nice army, especially imperians(farmers race), which units have 1/2 carrying capacity compared to nomads.
Gold is centralized - you cant move it from main province and you can lose all, if fortress get destroyed - so you will need army to protect it. If everybody have army, you cant say that farmers are in advantage. Warriors will be in advantage - they have time and use army to get resources. Actually, nobody in early stage will go big army on big army. And later, no farmer will be safe if there will be a lot of active players of all profiles.
I agree that keeping track when someone is online, if there is ambush set is little harder.
But i dont think that V5 is safe for some player. I think its much more unsafe then v4. Dont know what will be in later stages.

tiger
Croatian Community Manager
redborg
Major

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »

can we please please not have gold mines.

its just so so boring destroys the game.

with the tax level theirs no need for them. people will just have to gather gold other ways and have army according to tax level.

fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »

I dare him to upgrade espionage

its not an hour of job to make it .U dont know late game,researches are week long .u cant race someone if his build order is broken.

yovanna
Community Manager

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »

its not an hour of job to make it .U dont know late game,researches are week long .u cant race someone if his build order is broken.

You extract a short phrase out of my whole context, that wasn't my point, you understood me I'm sure, you're a smart boy *Smiley*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: