Imperia Online International
May 16, 2024, 02:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casus belli  (Read 5728 times)
Deminus
Private

« on: November 03, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »

Casus belli is a modern Latin language expression meaning the justification for acts of war. Casus means "incident", "rupture" or indeed "case", while belli means "of war".
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had some problem whit a player attacking me and then he hide in vacation mode he used it as a tactic and used it over and over again. (Does any one recognise this?)

So my suggestion is to include a Casus belli on any one that attacks you.

What I mean is that after you have bin attacked you get a ca 12 hours Casus belli
On that person that allow you to attacks him/her even if they are in vacation and maybe also that you don’t loose the honour for attack the *3 range.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 14:06:22 PM by Deminus » Logged
Hiske
Trusted Member

I want a personalized magnet! :D

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »

hehehe! have you ever fought alliance-wars? cause then you should know that this suggestion is not a good suggestion at all...
Deminus
Private

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »

Yes I have played alliance-wars and know that players that have lost there army use to go in to vacation mode to save the alliance.

Whit this suggestion they can still do that, bat they can be attacked By the player they did attack and only the one they attacked up to 12 hours after they have made an attack them self. Not if any on in the alliance have made an attack bat only themselves.

Of Corse it prevent a sneaky alliance from launching an all auto attack and then have all members hide in vacation then they are in lead (bat I think I read some wear in the forum that vacation mode cud not be misused like that)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:17:44 AM by Deminus » Logged
Hiske
Trusted Member

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »

hmmm... people in my alliance never use vacation mode when they loose an army... I think it's unnecessary to go into mode if you loose your army! cause you won't gather any resources necessary to rebuild. Also; in some really hard wars you need to do a lot of waves of empty fort attacks when the enemy is in his 6 hr break... I seriously think this suggestion is unnecessary and would be bad for the game if implemented *Smiley*
Deminus
Private

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »

I sorry bat can you explain way you think it is bad for the game?

It basically only give you the right to return fire on some one that have attacked you under a limited time period.
And will most likely only be used against these that misuses vacation mode.

If you know that you are going on a vacation all you need to do to be safe is to not attack some one you suspect will hit you back 12 hour before you will grab your suitcase.
Hiske
Trusted Member

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »

ah ok! I misunderstood you... sorry... you suggest that you can attack a player once he's in vacation mode if he attacked you just before mode... hmmm... let me think about that...
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »

I don't think it's a good idea because when you are in vacation mode you are supposed to be protected from attacks.
I'll give you an example: I finally killed your army after 3 days of trying and after that I need to go somewhere for few days and I can't play or I just want to sleep well after some exhausting days and I enter in vacation. But you can still attack me next 12 hours and you can hit my empty forts in 6 waves and I can't do anything. So, you could win more points than I won killing your army.
And what about players who go in vacation mode to keep their resources safe? They can lose all their resources while they were doing the only thing that keeps their resources safe: vacation mode *bear*

I am the one and only!
Deminus
Private

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

ah ok! I misunderstood you... sorry... you suggest that you can attack a player once he's in vacation mode if he attacked you just before mode... hmmm... let me think about that...

Exactly

To begin whit the 12 hour I chosen is only an example mostly so that if you was hit in your sleep time you shod still have time to react.

And all you have to do to not be affected by the Casus belli is to not attack the 12 hour before you go in to vacation mode.

And what about players who go in vacation mode to keep their resources safe? They can lose all their resources while they were doing the only thing that keeps their resources safe: vacation mode

Are you taking about the one that are abusing the vacation mode now?

Because if they don’t attack some on they can’t be hit by the one they did not attack.
You shod only be abet to be hit by the one you attacked the last 12 hours.
k_mihai
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »

that looks like Europa Universalis  *Grin*
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 12:26:06 PM »

If I took 3 million gold from someone and don't have what to do with it for the moment and I know that some players can beat me (robbed player too) I'll go in vacation mode, but with your idea it won't help me *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Deminus
Private

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 13:23:39 PM »

Yes it won’t help by misuse the vacation mode,
If you take 3 million Gold from me I have 12 hours to try to get them back if you chicken out and use the vacation mode as an unpenetrating shield.

Personally I think that using vacation mode that way is an exploit of something that is there for people to have a chance to leave for some days and enjoy there Vacation, whit out having to worry that the game they are playing wont be playable then they come back. 

To explain it a little better let’s look at an example

Player A is attacking Player B and then hides in vacation mode.
Player C can’t hit player A because A is in vacation mode
Player D that is in the same alliance as Player B can’t hit player A because A is in vacation mode
Player E that is a Multi account to Player B can’t hit player A because A is in vacation mode
Bat Player B have X amount of time to retaliate on Player A that wont be protected by the vacation mode under the X amount of time that is left from the time he attacked Player B is over

After X amount of time Player B can’t attack Player A any more because A is in vacation mode from Player B to.

And from this example I hope player B & E will get caught and have there accounts closed for misusing Multi account.  *Smiley*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 13:33:25 PM by Deminus » Logged
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 16:50:54 PM »

When you go in vacation mode, this should protect your army...with this rule, you can't protect your army which is unfair *hmm*

I am the one and only!
Deminus
Private

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 02:54:53 AM »

When you go in vacation mode, this should protect your army...with this rule, you can't protect your army which is unfair *hmm*
Unfair?

If it is one thing that is unfair it is that a player can attack some one and then hide behind an exploit so that the player that was attacked can’t retaliate.
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »

This rule would be too bad in alliance wars *hmm*
And this game is sometimes close to reality *Smiley*

I am the one and only!
Deminus
Private

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 19:01:37 PM »

It is easy to say”This rule would be too bad…” and “this is not a god thing…”
Try to add ….because…

And this game is sometimes close to reality *Smiley*
I do hope that you don’t think that you can attack some ones home, kill half of the security team, and steal everything that you can carry and be safe from retaliation (in modern society that shod be in the form of the Law = Police)
By putting up a sign on your door that say “Out on vacation” *Tongue*

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: