Imperia Online International
March 28, 2024, 21:01:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding units' carrying capacity and fortress capacity in version 4  (Read 59301 times)
samyoboy
Colonel

I'm a busy man

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2008, 20:09:59 PM »

Back when this was written, I'm not sure I fully understood.  Now, having played longer and gained more in game experience, I totally agree.  This rule (carrying capacity) does not make anything easier for anyone and that is the point.  Tired of some farmer sprinting way out ahead of you because he has time to send 30 goldmine attacks a day but only maintains 20k soldiers?  Now he has to develop a real economy at a realistic pace and be targeted by 'average joe' on the way.  Players are suddenly forced to think and plan a little for a change.  That enormous army some players have that they pay upkeep for with just a small amount of iron trading at 16?  This will bring down trading prices so that they have to work for real to pay for it. 

If that means they can't defend constantly during a war because they have to leave and fetch some gold or they get their army trapped at home by negative gold after poor planning and long army saves.... oops.   *hihi*

Well said I don't see anyone complaining about the fact you can gain honour by doing nothing!!! But I guess that make's game easy!! Unlike v1 and v2 where you earn it!! This is suppost to be a stategy game and test of one's ability to think and adapt!! Yet when asked to do that players start screaming murder!!

THERE IS METHOD BEHIND MY MADNESS 
Polymeron
Captain

Be the Storm

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2008, 15:31:35 PM »

Back when this was written, I'm not sure I fully understood.  Now, having played longer and gained more in game experience, I totally agree.  This rule (carrying capacity) does not make anything easier for anyone and that is the point.  Tired of some farmer sprinting way out ahead of you because he has time to send 30 goldmine attacks a day but only maintains 20k soldiers?  Now he has to develop a real economy at a realistic pace and be targeted by 'average joe' on the way.  Players are suddenly forced to think and plan a little for a change.  That enormous army some players have that they pay upkeep for with just a small amount of iron trading at 16?  This will bring down trading prices so that they have to work for real to pay for it. 

If that means they can't defend constantly during a war because they have to leave and fetch some gold or they get their army trapped at home by negative gold after poor planning and long army saves.... oops.   *hihi*

Thank you! Finally someone defends this position (instead of just slinging insults which has been done in this thread, grr, where's that -karma button when you need it).

I stand by my original argument. This is not about realism, it's about carrying capacity being a balancing factor without which a lot of things go to hell - some things become too easy, which makes other strategies useless, making the entire game less interesting. With the carrying capacity, strategy becomes much more complex, and thus the game becomes more challenging and interesting...

Respect GW, or we'll see how good your AA is.
Kenny
Private

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 16:46:55 PM »

No the recources do not get lost if you made an attack with not enough soldiers to carry all lewt, they stay in the fort. The recources do not get lost if you buy/transfer too much recources to a fort which cannot hold m, you just dont make any new recources of that type...And as for the whining about the carry capacity, IO team just tried to put some more realism in the game. It is a bit silly to see 1000 man carry the equivalent of 500000g *xxx* I dont like all new implements in game, but I have no problems with the carry capacity at all, learn some grammar and you'll do just fine  hard
fragmaster
Forum Staff

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2008, 20:49:37 PM »

Unit capacity is good.Suppose i have a competition player in 300dist from me ,and i want to control land and goldmines that are near.I couldnt harm him before because he easily makes 10k soldiers and attack goldmines when they are low at cash.Much lower then my standard.So i cant compete for land.But now if i kill his army i can slow him down.If he is GREEDY and makes light soldiers easier job for me.Balance balance balance.Why everione thinks that they should progress a lot with points even if they play bad and have bad planning in some period etc..

Prices in r5 came to GE ! And that is great.i heard that in r25 iron drops.If u take less gold from gold mines ,and ur opponent takes less gold mines ,goldmines are making less influence on game.So what ,u cannot afford milion army units.but ur opponents too.Are numbers matter?Proportion does.And surely its better if boring non skilled work called "tapping two letters" are less important.Here comes an idea:i heard that iron was very high in r25.What does that mean?Making army is much more expensive than paying its upkeep.Which means less fighting and big armies that dont fight ,and  nobody want their iron to be wasted.Another idea.Comment for pure military build players.U think that its skill to have 5 provinces ,no population,no economy ,having all that noobs in range that dont know what arrmy save means etc,make few million kills etc?little more effort than mining but ussualy they cannot plant any defence and no need to check before battle.High economy players cannot atack easy targets,and before this change their economy was lesser part of their income.Capacity is good.I think that we need war income back.

And i never had credits.I never was farmer.But this makes thinking a little more important than tapping two letters(or numbers).

I think that we should lean to changes that will make our goals (networth,mp,honor) to be  much closer to eachother. War income to nerf pure economic players.Why should networth be economy synonym?And capacity again...Is it bad that i who have army can have better control of near teritory and goldmines?Two things were annoying me:farmers with 9k soldiers,and military guys with no economy with  8x1000 soldiers in goldmines ,and nineth attack on some player.That was IMBA.Yea sure ,or even worse ,i can defend base and goldmine in same time.thanks for reading

hammurabi
Private

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2008, 22:04:09 PM »

this rule is stupid  *crazy*
no need to attack anymore ,, im going to be a farmer
i quit from province 8 for this rule ,, whats the point from it  rant
if there's any use of talking anyways ,,, they won't change the rule after they did it
oh,, plus when you reach elite army and have 40k ,, you won't cover your army upkeep even if you stay attacking 24\7
one woord to say,, it
SUCKS  evil3
gior15
Well i am in for a bloodbath anytime...!!!...
Lieutenant

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2008, 22:15:38 PM »

lol man i have over 1.3kk elites and my upkeep is just fine....*Smiley*

That Guy
... is one tough Hombre
Lieutenant

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2008, 23:23:07 PM »

this rule is stupid  *crazy*
no need to attack anymore ,, im going to be a farmer
i quit from province 8 for this rule ,, whats the point from it  rant
if there's any use of talking anyways ,,, they won't change the rule after they did it
oh,, plus when you reach elite army and have 40k ,, you won't cover your army upkeep even if you stay attacking 24\7
one woord to say,, it
SUCKS  evil3

Ham, come on now.  Stop being angry and let's look at the numbers.  If you have 40k elites and they are balanced evenly between the 4 soldier types, upkeep at home is 17k per hour at home and 25.5k per hour on the march.  The carrying capacity of these same guys is 950k.  Find targets to fill your 950k and you've paid the upkeep for 37 hours of marching and well over 2 full days at home.  Having a decent mil academy level makes this easier.  If you have 40k elites, I'm sure there's 5 players within a couple hours of you that have at least 200k in the province.  It's really not that hard. 
hammurabi
Private

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2008, 00:39:05 AM »

Ham, come on now.  Stop being angry and let's look at the numbers.  If you have 40k elites and they are balanced evenly between the 4 soldier types, upkeep at home is 17k per hour at home and 25.5k per hour on the march.  The carrying capacity of these same guys is 950k.  Find targets to fill your 950k and you've paid the upkeep for 37 hours of marching and well over 2 full days at home.  Having a decent mil academy level makes this easier.  If you have 40k elites, I'm sure there's 5 players within a couple hours of you that have at least 200k in the province.  It's really not that hard. 
rant
do you  have to prove i'm wrong  *Angry*
im just playing my role in convincing moderators to change the rules  *hihi*
help me out , would you  *freak*
That Guy
... is one tough Hombre
Lieutenant

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »

LOL, sorry Ham.  How 'bout this.... Carrying capacity is ridiculous.   ;D   Are you telling me an elite archer can lug around enough arrows to shoot down thousands of spears but can't find room in the yew for more than 25 pieces of gold?  Sheez.  And how about those phalanx?  They have a spear in one hand but what are they doing with the other?  A shield?  A shield could be hooked to the spear, dragged behind on the ground like a sled and used to hold hundreds of gold pieces.  You guys need to fix this or I'm quitting and playing Super Mario Brothers instead.  At least Mario can carry plenty of gold.   *easy*  And he gets to score with a princess at the end of each round.    *friends*  Super Mario is the man!   *cool*
hammurabi
Private

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »

*hahaha*
looooool
that quote made my day
 *hahaha* *hahaha*
aaron101
Private

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »

i am a player in realm 5 i thin i have version 4. i think this new rule about carrying capacity is ok  *bravo* makes the game more real but the only thing i have a problem with is the carrying capacity of elite soldiers is lower than that of heavy rant which is lower than light soldiers. after checking the attack and hit points fo these soldiers i have noticed that an elite soldier is twice the cost of heavy soldier, it has twice the hit points and twice the attack so basically one elite soldier costs the same as two heavy soldiers and they have the same attack so what is the point in spending money on research to get these elite soldiers especailly since the elite soldier's carrying capacity is lower. So i was just wondering wouldnt a 2000 heavy soldier army be as powerful as a 1000 elite soldier army.

So basically i want to know what's the advantage of having elite soldiers compared to heavy soldiers?
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2009, 18:14:20 PM »

you don't lose so many units (in case you fight with someone) and the result is that you don't lose so much morale (not in all cases, but in most) and also for forts there are only a limited number of soldiers that can attack, so elite units are better *gamer*

I am the one and only!
jams
Sergeant

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

Also, elites have lower upkeep per HP/damage, so the same hp/damage army costs less to maintain compared to heavy (except Elite Archers which have same upkeep per HP/damage as Heavy, but then the elite ones have a bonus shot so same shit).

But then they have much lower carry capacity compared to lighter soldiers.  Example, Paladins have exactly 5 times less carry capacity per cost compared to light Cavalry.  IMHO Carry capacities are completely screwed up the way they are now.  A light cavalry can carry 150 hours worth of upkeep, Paladin 50h.  Light Cavalry pays its cost (at base prices) by taking 2,25 full loads.  Paladin needs to survive 11,25 battles with full load to pay for itself.  I am a newbie here, but seems to me it would be pretty much impossible to do any profitable battles with heavy/elite soldiers beside farming goldmines.
iIiacrush
Private

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2009, 18:48:04 PM »

This question has already been asked but I can’t see an answer.... with the new trading system if you hit the gold limit and then sell some wood what happens?
Radooo
Colonel

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2009, 18:50:33 PM »

you'll get the gold...and you won't produce anymore gold *pardon*

I am the one and only!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: