Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 19:59:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can this happen ?  (Read 1741 times)
felix_r
Captain

« on: February 10, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »

From the beginning of this era at realm v6 304 my teammate (Marsianin2013) loses battles while he still has more than 100 moral.

For example, please look at this one. Marsianin2013 had almost twice bigger army than his enemy but lost the battle while he still had 112 moral. How?

*picture deleted - it is not allowed to post battle reports before 7 days of the battle have passed; only time/date of the battle is required for the check

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 15:57:45 PM by Angela » Logged
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »

Hello, felix_r,
Marsianin2013's field army was killed during the filed battle, it didn't flee due to a low morale points. Attacker's army was stronger due to the higher levels of military researchers and bigger bonuses of general skills. The attacker chose to use formation Strong flanks which allowed him to deploy more light archers in the flanks of the frontline of his army, where they fight with attack strength and hit points bonuses. They simultaneously killed both frontline flanks of the defender's army in round 10. One of the flanks destroyed one archers zone in the next round and started attacking with bonus attack 20%. The last left defending zone was the right archers flank, they were killed in the last round with 112 morale points left, and since they were the last zone of the defending army, their morale losses are visible in the last battle report. More details about the units and morale losses by rounds are available in the battle report by rounds or animated battle report.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
felix_r
Captain

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »

Thank you, Angela.
It still looks a little bit strange to me...
1) How does the army that loose almost a half of its units stay with such a high moral?
2) How does the formation allow to kill twice bigger army?

Probably I missed few changes at the last year because I don't remember people losing battles with 112 moral at the past.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 15:38:29 PM »

All zones in the army start the battle with equal morale, but each zone has its own morale which changes during the field battle due to fatigue and damages. For example, attackers' right and left flank of the front line had 133 morale in round 10, when they destroyed the opponent flanks. Attacker's center of the front line had 124 morale at this moment, 116 was the morale of this zone at the end of the fortress siege. In the fortress siege, army is deployed in battle lines which use their own morale. The first attacking line starts the siege with 121 morale (average value of all first line zones of the field battle). They win the siege with 105 morale left and since they are the line with the biggest morale losses among the army, their losses are visible in the full battle report - http://prntscr.com/e86355.
If correctly calculated, formation allows you to deploy the available army in zones where they will fight with bonuses, or at least they will not have punishments on their attack/hit points. The higher bonuses from military researches as well as the general skills along with the chosen formation helped the attacker in winning this battle.

Probably I missed few changes at the last year because I don't remember people losing battles with 112 moral at the past.
The army was killed, they didn't lose due to a low morale.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: