Imperia Online International
March 29, 2024, 00:23:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What about the browser version??!!  (Read 4853 times)
TheFury84
Private

« on: September 02, 2016, 15:57:56 PM »

I just got the following message:

Gamemaster 51 minutes ago
Dear players,

we wish to inform you that from 07.09 onwards your realm will be accessible only through the Windows application of the game. It can be downloaded for PC or mobile devices running Windows OS. If you don’t have it installed you can do so from here.
Your login credentials and entire account progress will remain the same.

If I'm correct, this means we won't be able to play the game through browser anymore? This would kill the game, I hope you realize that... And why the hell do you guys keep applying all these new changes in the middle of an era. 07 september isn't even the end of the era, but we will lose a lot of good players if you shut down the browser functionality. This would be an instant stop for me.
Godric
Sergeant

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 19:47:52 PM »

I respectfully disagree that it would "kill" the game. I believe that it will bring some sanity back to the game and give people more opportunity to play consistently.

now if we could do something about those folks who have figured out how to cheat - that would be good too.

Whilom, as olde stories tellen us,
Ther was a duc that highte Godric;
Of Belmontnes he was lord and governour,
And in his tyme swich a conquerour,
That gretter was ther noon under the sonne.
TheFury84
Private

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 13:49:38 PM »

With all due respect, I don't give a damn about other peoples opinion at the moment. I opened this tread so I could get an answer about the browser version: will we still be able to play on browser after september 7th in realm 270, yes or no. If it's 'no' then Imperia lost another player.

Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:43:40 AM »

I'm afraid that realm 270 will not be available trough web browser anymore.

Angela
Macedonian Community Manager

Facebook Fan Page
-jm-
Private

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 13:37:38 PM »

Yep, since this morning browser version is not available anymore in realms where gamemaster message was posted (270 and others).

Apart for Windows 10 app and windows mobile app, how can those realms be accessed? And what will be their last era?
Thanks *Smiley*
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 14:28:00 PM »

Hi, Jim. These realms can be accessed only trough the game's windows phone app . They'll continue to restart.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
kataasejo
Private

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 18:34:33 PM »

So you're telling me, that i cant play with my clanmates, becouse they play on windows phone and i play on android? Are you serious?
chovan88
Private

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 06:13:24 AM »

I respectfully disagree that it would "kill" the game. I believe that it will bring some sanity back to the game and give people more opportunity to play consistently.

now if we could do something about those folks who have figured out how to cheat - that would be good too.

Dear.

I am so sorry, that I have to write it, but Mr. TheFury84 and Mr. kataasejo have the right.

In aliance, when I play now (I think I will play last week, because I will end with game Imperia Online), 30 % players use mobile, 30 % players use browser and 40 % players use a both.
So if I calculated good, you will lost minimaly 30 %, but really I think you lost about 80 %. Nobody will stay without friends from aliance.

Everybody could choose what they wanted to use. I used Browser home, mobile in work. This possible was here for all players. So you answer, that players on the browser are favored are ridiculous. If they can cheat, it is problem of Imperia Admins, not players.

Everybody want to save a time, it is a reason, why we use browser. This way is 10 steps back.
But it is your decision, perhaps you know,  what you're doing.
According to me, but I agree, you KILL the game. If it stays that way, I will quit. And many good players too.

Best Regards.

chovan88

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:34:09 AM by chovan88 » Logged
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »

Hi all, thank you for your feedback. I understand your point, but since there are a lot of differences in the features available trough the phone app and the web version of the game and also many modules are missing from the phone app, we believe that separating the mobile version will allow the players to play and compete under equal conditions, using the same options and following equal rules. If you decide to play trough another platform, you can use the name of your current global global account to register your account in a realm available for the desired platform, or you can register a new account name there.

So you're telling me, that i cant play with my clanmates, becouse they play on windows phone and i play on android? Are you serious?
kataasejo, another way to access these realms is trough PC running Windows OS, if you download the Windows application of the game - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/imperia-online-the-great-people/9nblggh30876.  They can not be accessed trough android or another different platform.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
-jm-
Private

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 14:55:41 PM »

Recap of what I'm learning and experimenting:
  • you cannot access normal realms from win phone app, and viceversa
  • you cannot share diamonds bought in normal realms with limited ones and viceversa
  • the only way to access ltd realms from PC is windows app, available only for win 8.x and win 10.x platform
  • you cannot change form of government in ltd realms (the app doesn't allow it)

Is this all correct?
It looks like a disaster to me  *guns*
MusquitoBE
Private

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »

Hi all, thank you for your feedback. I understand your point, but since there are a lot of differences in the features available trough the phone app and the web version of the game and also many modules are missing from the phone app, we believe that separating the mobile version will allow the players to play and compete under equal conditions, using the same options and following equal rules. If you decide to play trough another platform, you can use the name of your current global global account to register your account in a realm available for the desired platform, or you can register a new account name there.
kataasejo, another way to access these realms is trough PC running Windows OS, if you download the Windows application of the game - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/imperia-online-the-great-people/9nblggh30876.  They can not be accessed trough android or another different platform.

Well if you really cared about above, then you would implement the changes gradually when each era restarts and not all realms at the same moment or you could provide the mobile platform with the same features.

I am guessing it is more business and that the realms were split into 2: "Windows-exclusives" under GameTroopers and all the rest, which are btw not available through windows any more.

It just sucked big time that when we all worked very hard during the era, half of us cannot play any more. Mess up totally an alliance plan.
Angela
Community Manager

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 13:10:58 PM »

Hi,
-jm-, purchased diamonds can be transferred from the Premium menu. Governments can't be changed which is valid for all players in the realm. The bonuses of the last chosen government will apply until the rest of the era. The module will not be available in the next era. The rest is correct.
MusquitoBE, the tendency is to split the rest of the platforms in future, also.

Angela

Facebook Fan Page
MusquitoBE
Private

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

I play in several realms and everyhwere it is the same, alliances working hard obtaining their goals and now they are experiencing all the same problem: lots of people are locked out because half the realms because windows exclusive, while the other half became unavailable on windows. What did you expect if you split the realms in half? You split the people too in half!

I am used to playing through the app as I spend a lot of time on the train, but seriously the app missing too much important features to play nice and easy. It is not fun anymore! It will be goodbye Imperia at the end of the eras for me.

Missing features
* Pay 1, get 7 subscription
* Goverments: invisible, unable to change them
* Tier 2 & tier 3 in academies
* Translator feature in tribune
* Copy/pasting notes
* Lay-out of messages
* Auction
* Rallying 1 kind of unit out of 1 province, impossible to do so. You either have to rally every unit from the province or either rally the whole unit from all provinces!
* Simulator is shit on the app! Barbarians came with 75k elite troops for fortress siege, while my field holds 1,5M elite troops and damn simulator said I would lose!!!
* Sharing battle reports/spy reports
* Closing an alliance
* Adding an avatar/alliance picture
* Family tree: Give us the nice overview. On app it is really difficult to see an overview of your people.
* Family tree: Setting governor/general bases on a skill, there is no filter on skills
* Alliance castles/rally points: there is no way to see which castle/rally point is full with army.

So if your future plans is to split it out even more, do it gradually when a new era starts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 13:29:23 PM by MusquitoBE » Logged
chovan88
Private

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 20:51:38 PM »

MusquitoBE : I agree with all.

I ended with Imperia Online today, because the game is a little stupid now.
For example:  Goverments, I chosed some, but I caculated, that I will change it. Now I cannot.
This mistakes there are many and many, like you wrote.

Imperia Online was very good online game on PC browser, but it is very stupid game on mobile. If you want a changem you should make a better application, not stop the better browser.

I enjoyed the first 4 eras, but you disgusted me continues in 5th era and all game.

Enjoy it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 20:52:53 PM by chovan88 » Logged
BordaHorda
Trusted Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ero04zkb6wg

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 00:00:01 AM »

Hi all!

First I was like I do not believed to my eyes when I read this new change.  *xxx*

You know that in my country it is against the laws of economic competition !  rant

It is also a discrimination !  rant

Why do you forcing your players leaving them no option to choose how to play this game ? Why do you forcing your players to download spy programs which fucks their privacy ?

Why do you want to enslave your players to one of the most greed companies of this planet? Imperia Online players be like :  wassup  wassup  wassup

Dear players, if you going to swallow this, then you will swallow everything...

IO, stop acting like a government!  evil4
What the hell is this that you make changes in the middle of the era?

You can start a poll if you care about your players, if not then you care about only profit.

All the systems spit on your rights, do we let them to take over the internet also ?

Where is your rights people Huh?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: