Imperia Online International
April 19, 2024, 15:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: not real new topic  (Read 1748 times)
shazam
Lieutenant

« on: May 29, 2015, 13:15:03 PM »

I have been on this this game less then a month. I have been attacked 3 major times and and all by the more experienced players.
I find that if i cant get established in the kingdom, why play.Huh??
This looks to be a fun game, but those whose have been at it longer just seem to prey upon the newcomers.
Don't we have enough this in real life.Huh???
I really don't know if continue to play is worth it.Huh?
I cant be on the computer 24\7
I am single parent and got a to other things.
I have red  other other posts about people quitting, and I got to agree with them, the game is one sided a lot.!!!!!
A new player got no chance against the older players and the ones who have more money to spend to buy diamonds etc.
As for me I not sure want to continue, it a real disappointment to me.
mustique
Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 14:48:07 PM »

from my experience, thats how you learn. the games not for everyone you know, some people decide to cry and complain and destroy their computers, other people just learn to survive, and some....yes some... a very selected few their brain adapts, like charles darwin said they would; and become great. hey! its up to you which one you choose to be, welcome to imperia online evil3
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 14:51:07 PM by mustique » Logged
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 14:55:18 PM »

Hi Shazam,

There are many ways to play Imperia Online, but remember that this is first and foremost a battle game, not a city construction game.
therefore, all your efforts should go into recruiting and maintaining an army that can both attack and defend

let's be honest : you won't succeed all the time  *pardon*
there are many options and tactics, plus some random luck.
but if you have a firm grasp of the game mechanics and play sensibly (by the game's standard), then you shouldn't have too much problems progressing

Here are a few advices for you :

1) adopt a development strategy that fits your time availability
no need to play long hours, but quick, frequent logins are a must
the less you play, the more defensive you need be
the more you play, the more offensive you can afford to be

2) a good defense imply 2 things
a) denying a profit to would-be attackers
b) strategic fog-of-war

to deny a profit means both preventing them from pillaging you (do not leave ressources in your fort beyond its vault capacity, just spend or convert it, especially so before you log out for several hours), and strengthening your defenses to the point that an attack becomes unprofitable (because of expected losses or outright defeat)

simple defense tactics include :

raising your Fortification level
building Walls, Tower Defenses and Moat
filling your garrison with Archers (if light units) or Ballista (if Heavy / Elites + a small troops of swordsmen to absorb attacking archer's fire)
using a General whose skill set include Healer (to recover more troops after the battle), Fort Guardian (to increase the Fort's hit points), Tactical Garrison (to increase its size, and thus damage output) and Tactical defender (to increase defending troops's damages)
raising your Armor tech level to give more hitpoints to your troops
fortify your capital, by annexing all four adjacent provinces as soon as possible (Centralisation 4). this will give a -20 Morale penalty to all attackers. the annexation pattern should be like
   x   
x C x
   x

leave a few troops (but not your main army !!) in the field with high defense/hit point capabilities (like swordsmen or cavalry) to force a field battle and decrease further the Morale of any attackers before the siege begins

the strategic fog-of-war includes all tactics to prevent your opponents from having a firm grasp of your true defense capabilities, either through Counter-Espionnage or hiding your main battle army and best general until you need them to ambush your attacker

Counter-Espionnage is both a research and a skill-set (Secret Agent)
the system is relatively simple : if one side has a value that is 5 levels or more than its opposing side, then it's a 100% success, no matter how many spies on either side are engaged
therefore, you need to strive to have a Counter-Espionnage value in both your capital and provinces that is as high as possible to deny your 5x opponents a chance to peek in
Eugenism is the simplest way to achieve this at low cost : marry Great People who have Secret Agent as an Inborn Talent and get the skill Secret Agent
the max bonus is +5 (Talent) and +5 (Skill)
some provinces add a +50% bonus to the skill too

http://prntscr.com/75e66s

let's say that you have an Emperor with Secret Agent both as Talent (+3) and Skill (+5)
your Counter-Espionnage level is 13 with +3 from your Alliance researches
that gives you a basic value of 13 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 24
to this we need to add the province's bonus (but it can vary)
however, it means that you will be able to fend off all espionnage attempts by anyone with an Espionnage value of less 24-5 = 19

you invest 13 and you deflect against all players who invested 19 (less in practice due to Alliance research and skill Master Spy)
and you'll have high odds to do better against stronger players (those with Espionnage > 19 in my example), if you also leave spies in the field. of the capital mainly, but also some in your provinces, colonies, military and commercial posts too

at the very least, captured spies warn you of a possible impending attack !! *wink*

strategic fog-of-war is more complicated and means hiding your battle troops from sight
therefore they need to be on movement always, since spy reports only show stationary troops
on movement means either sent on mission to attack/plunder or in Expedition when you are offline
do not leave your troops at home when absent for long period, and always try to send them away from the safety of a military post (activate the option "Retreat" to provide some security)
hiding generals mean using a "fake" or just an average fortress commander in position, while keeping your good defensive general ready to replace him/her when you want to ambush your attacker
few things give as bad a surprise as changing your General from one with a low level, inefficient skill set, to one with +40% Fortress hit points (Fort Guardian Talent and Skill at +20% each) in the last 20s-15s before impact

http://prntscr.com/75e5yo

2) networth and 2x
players who attack outside their 2x have Honor and Morale penalties
that won't prevent some from attacking, but most will refrain
however, be warned that in Alliance War, Honor penalties are suspended and that you can attack another player in your 5x same way if it's a 1 strike retaliation (either because you have been attacked or one of your Dynastic Allies was)

therefore, you should strive to limit your networth growth to a level whose 2x players army strength is highly unlikely to break through your defensive preparations
a classic example are the players who reach Centralisation 6 and upgrade their troops to Heavy, recruiting catapults and go on to attack players in their 2x who are still in their Light units
they play fast and smart, and they deserve to profit from the fruits of their work
the responsibility is on the late-comers to develop by being out of range of those players

this will take a lot of game experience to find the right balance into building/researching/recruiting only what you really need to progress and thus "keep your points low"
troops cost 2x more networth than constructions or research, you should only recruit what troops are most adapted for the missions you want to use them for
not all researches and buildings are vital
all are important, but at different stages of the game
pace your development to keep your defense in line with how strong your would-be pillagers are

in a 4x World, a simple (but not perfect) guide is as follow
build a fort 3 right before exiting 200 points networth
you need a fort 4 before reaching 1000 points
you need a fort 5 before reaching 3000 points
you need a fort 6 before reaching 10k points
you need a fort 7 before reaching 60k points
you need a fort 8 before reaching 200k points
you need a fort 9 before reaching 800k points

it will all depend on your environment, but it's pretty much correct
your safety won't be 100%, it can never be because players are crafty and daring, but you sure will find it a lot easier to play "cool"  *rose*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 15:00:24 PM »

Alternatively, if you are only a casual player and you find the competition too fierce (the fastest the World, the more present you need to be), I would suggest that you join a Tactical World x4 for a start.
just to get a good grasp of the basics and enjoy it relax.

attacks take so much time that even when under attack, you've got plenty of time to do shopping + watch your kids finish their homework  *hahaha*

here is a link :

http://www57.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/register.php?realm=264&ipid=12081085&c=96c4c32da942e59524de46f0ac9409a7

Have fun,

edit : thx for correcting the typo
though with the "quickest" attack taking no less than 40 min to arrive, I'll be excused for mistaking it *Grin*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 15:41:10 PM by Starbuck » Logged

Deus populusque
grmarf
Captain

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 15:13:12 PM »

Alternatively, if you are only a casual player and you find the competition too fierce (the fastest the World, the more present you need to be), I would suggest that you join a Tactical World x2 for a start.
just to get a good grasp of the basics and enjoy it relax.

attacks take so much time that even when under attack, you've got plenty of time to do shopping + watch your kids finish their homework  *hahaha*

here is a link :

http://www57.imperiaonline.org/imperia/game_v6/game/register.php?realm=264&ipid=12081085&c=96c4c32da942e59524de46f0ac9409a7

Have fun,

It's a x4 world, not an x2.  *hahaha*

But tactical is actually the best world to discover IO.
mustique
Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 22:14:34 PM »

starbuck you said this... or Ballista (if Heavy / Elites + a small troops of swordsmen to absorb attacking archer's fire) ... is it better to have ballista+swords instead of ballista + archers??
grmarf
Captain

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 22:28:26 PM »

Swordsmen are strongers. They are more resistant to attacks from enemie's archers.
Opponent attacks with more archers than quantity in garrison.
Opponent's archer kill archers and after kill balista.

As long as there remain swordsmen, balista will be "protected". And the attacker loses morale at every turn.
shazam
Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 07:05:29 AM »

Thanks to all for your reply's. Lots to look at and work on.
I am not done yet. Thanks again
mustique
Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 13:51:46 PM »

dont quit yet, keep going and you`ll see why so many of us are stuck here for more than 6 years *Angry*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: