Imperia Online International
April 24, 2024, 11:57:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How ist possible? Tell me, how?  (Read 1678 times)
novice321
Private

« on: March 27, 2015, 15:10:07 PM »

Hello.
Now, i see atack by templar111 again.

http://prntscr.com/6lym67

Tell me, how he can start 7 attack by 2.5-3 second? HOW it possible?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

Qui s'y frotte, s'y pique

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 15:27:21 PM »

Hi Novice321

if you click several times, in rapid succession, on the "attack" button, then you can send several armies with the exact same troops with less than a second differences in-between

http://forum.imperiaonline.org/int/index.php?topic=34947.0

Have fun,

Deus populusque
novice321
Private

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 15:29:53 PM »

Do not you think it's a bug or a mistake? We can just run by several alternatives attacks per second?
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 15:52:22 PM »

Hi Novice321

it's no bug, I assure you
in your case, Templar wanted to destroy your military fort, so he proceeds in 2 steps

1) he send his main army in full (700k+ troops with siege weapons) to break any troops you might have
2) he keeps 60k troops in reserves, of the same exact type, then click 6x in rapid succession to launch 6 attacks that are meant to arrive shortly after the main attack

it's a perfectly valid tactic.
and potentially quite dangerous if the defending player is online (or the babysitters) : for example, if your army is waiting in the field with the Retreat option activated, you only need to de-activate after the main army has passed, then catch the other 6 that follows
add in a "capitulation", and it should give you time to rebuild the lost level easy *wink*

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 20:20:26 PM »

Well, while the tactic is perfectly valid, the way it is achieved is very very very strange at least. That is NOT how standard net FORMs work and since it is not documented feature, it would even qualify either as an bug exploit or a back door for those who have been "initiated". Either way, not cool.
Starbuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 20:40:44 PM »

I wouldn't be so damning in your assessment.
I agree that unless you clearly understand the mechanisms of the game, especially battle and troops specificity, then you can't use the best tactical opportunities in front you

there isn't a simple unique way to achieve victory.
instead, you need flexibility to see what are the weaknesses of each battlefields and how best to use it to your advantage.

Have fun,

Deus populusque
Tasilakosil
Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 20:49:39 PM »

I am sorry, i believe there is quite distinct difference between game mechanics and user interface. Obviously, you wouldnt create UI element such as "destroy colony" that would automatically perform all necessary steps to destroy a colony(if not undestructible). But being able to click rapidly on send attack button to send army several times in order to reduce delay between attacks. That is not standard behaviour of FORM element. especially if clicking on send attack clears all input areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: