Imperia Online International
April 26, 2024, 01:50:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURTAIN WALL and MOAT  (Read 9513 times)
xshade
Private

Lighter

« on: January 10, 2015, 20:32:22 PM »

If only we can have the curtain wall and the moat surround the whole province (like the Rampart in a Military Post) instead of the Fortress it would be better. Let the attacking troops take down the curtain wall before any kind of an attack would give the defender a favorable chance to defend against Field Battles and Pillages. I'm sure most will agree that Pillages are the hardest to defend since it depends on the number of troops you have to deploy on the field thus forcing players to have many troops they cannot garrison; having to tolerate a higher upkeep and possibly losing your troops to a Field Attacker if you were not around to send them into evasion.

Would like to hear your thoughts if you disagree.  *pardon*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 20:35:32 PM by xshade » Logged
Muwe
I know nothing.. But about everything!
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 21:44:28 PM »

I like this idea..
I would suggest writing it in the suggestions area.. so that someone can have a look.

Cheers

Valar morghulis !
xshade
Private

Lighter

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

Thanks Muwe.
A Moderator should move it to the suggestions area  *ok*
Petit.Patapon
Captain

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:46:42 PM »

Interresting idea... But would it really change the result of battles Huh?
You will allway be striken by a very stronger player who is able to feed up a bigger army...

In my opinion, some other parameters could be readjusted; For instance :
- size of fortress depot lvl 10 is ridiculously small after One or two month of play ! Why not making it grow according to the lvl of the fortress ie. fortress 1 + depot 10 = 127k size BUT Fortress 5 + depot 10 = 635k size (=127x5 for instance)
- Field Battles with no general on defender side or with a general doesn't give a real difference in results when army size are so different. Defending a province with a general at home should bring a better bonus because your general knowsbetter his province than the one that is attacking
- X2 rule is may be to large why not trying a x1,5 or x1,3 rule ? when you have 100k net points it is so difficult to get 200k net points and your possible army is really more than twice stronger. Having less differences in armies shapes will bring more fun according to me and player will be more keen on strinking other player that have a similar army

What do you thing about these hints ?

Je ne discute pas avec une brouette... Je la pousse.
xshade
Private

Lighter

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 17:35:23 PM »

Petit,
The idea will not change anything in the Fortress Defense. My suggestion is that having the curtain wall and moat surround the whole province instead of the Fort. An attacker will have to bring down the wall before he attacks the province. Thus the wall will be a defensive facility in both Fort Siege, Field Battle and Pillages.

As for your suggestions-
1. The decrease in the x2 range, well unless there are stiffer penalties on an attacker beyond the range it won't be of any assistance. Very few people in IO do care about losing a honor point due to an attack you are assured of winning and getting away with a lot of Resources.

2. The one on general should be more like, you gain more experience when attacking since you like learn something new by doing something you have not done before. However, the efficiency of your skills during defense are higher because you know the province better.

Explain the one on fort and depot; I did not get to understand it
*THIS*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 17:39:11 PM by xshade » Logged
Petit.Patapon
Captain

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 19:40:52 PM »

Explain the one on fort and depot; I did not get to understand it
*THIS*

Well; excuse my poor English - instead of depot you should read Fortress Vault.
My idea is to give some more chance to some new players no to be so rapidily discouraged / and give them an easier way to reconstruct their provinces after a strike.
May I reword my idea ? Fortress vaults should grow with Fortress level that's the idea.
Up to now Fortress lvl 1 with Vault lvl 10 is limited to 127k protection capacity of ressources+gold (it's very low according to every players - I guess)
and levelling up the fortress doesn't change anything (for ressources and gold protection). So I would propose to multiply the vault capacity by the Fortress level So you may be able to store :
 254k with Fort 2 & Vault 10 or Fort 4 & Vault 5
 508k with Fort 4 & Vault 10
and so on ...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 19:42:14 PM by Petit.Patapon » Logged

Je ne discute pas avec une brouette... Je la pousse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: